2019 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Dec 29, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That would be ironic. Hopefully Belichick doesn't then get Luck to come out of retirement...

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Could you imagine.....

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Glad the piece of shit lost on the 20th anniversary. Fuck em

4. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

I’ve never been so glad that someone was so wrong in my whole life.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Buffalo was relatively injury free in 2019 I think.

They better stop having Allen run so much or he'll have a short career.

For now they look to be in better shape than the Jets. We'll see what the future holds.

I think it's kind of fitting they blew a 16-0 lead yesterday. He he he

Jake likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Thank you Ryan Fitzpatrick/Miami.

Thank you, Tenessee.

For the first time in a very, very long time I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Good riddance to Brady and I hope Belichick.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dont you think Darnold is better than Hurts? FTMR where are the Pats picking in this Draft??

He will be long gone before BB can do anything

Getting an aging Vet to join Pats post Brady a more likely scenario

8. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Just finished re-watching Titans/Pats game (thanks to whomever posted the site https://www.nflfullhd.com)

After the game Nance was doing the rundown of the playoff scenarios and his voice cracked.
    I think he was crying.

PabloJa, Brook!, BacktoQueens and 2 others like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hahahahahahaha, I hate that guy so much. And I know you're not even exaggerating. Nobody except me and a handful of my friends understand what it truly means that when the Cheats lose it also means Jim Nantz is casing the room for a sturdy beam to hang himself from. It makes the schadenfreude twice as delicious. He's awful. So when I say fck the Cheats I throw in Nantz by default. He has no shame. I'd love to meet that guy just to heckle the shit out of him.

Does anyone remember years ago his tearful fucking nonsense about his divorce? I don't think pain in anyone's personal life is funny, mind you, I just wanted him to shut up about it. He was already a Cheats troll by then, so hearing the violins about how after 26 years of marriage sniffle, sniffle, public statement sniffle sniffle, he has a 29 yr old girlfriend (yuck) that he met while promoting a book he wrote about his father (shills books while crying) and started the affair because his marriage was dead blah blah blah I was this close to feeling that a slanted unlistenable broadcast was almost preferable. I hope he gets divorced again, that hump.

#549 jetophile, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  10. jetophile

"We made some plays, they made some plays, they made more plays." Fuck you.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Called both these games. Allen is the Achilles of Bill's and will never show up when needed. His accuracy is garbage. Brady may or may not be done, but the offense wasn't at a championship level all year. Tennessee on the other hand have been impressive on offense since Tannehill took over. Not saying he's great but he does enough to make the run game amazing.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Fun start to the playoffs..... especially the result of the second game. :D

PabloJa, NY Jets68, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  13. jetophile

The result of the second game is all that matters. I don't even give a shit about the Super Bowl but not for the usual reasons that I don't give a shit about it. I don't have to see that Legion of Assholes.

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm more worried he may pull a deal for Burrows. He probably has enough draft choices stockpiled plus throwing in a few future no.1's. Burrows is gold IMO. If I were a franchise in need of a QB, I would bet the farm, my uncle's farm and granny's farm to get him.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think Burrows is too, but I'm more worried about him grabbing Tua. I'm still not sold on the Chargers/Dolphins/Panthers etc. passing on him. But if they do I think they'll move hell and Earth to get him. Saban's his pal and will give him all inside knowledge on him if there is any.

On the discussion of today's games. What's everyone feel about laying 7.5 with the Saints? That would be my pick after going 2-0 yesterday because of a generous half point (-2.5) from the Texans.

Kirky doesn't win on the road or beat winning teams. But I'm curious if the Saints are going to beat them down or if Cook will keep them close. 7.5 is a loooot for an NFL playoff game and has backdoor cover written all over it.

westiedog1 likes this.
  16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree, it's more likely he could get Tua, but that wouldn't worry me so much. Burrows could be another Brady. I think Tua is good, but not that good.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

For sure. Burrows is the real deal. The Bengals would be asinine to trade down rather than take the kid that grew up 2.5 hours away from Paul Brown Stadium.

He checks all the boxes for me. He's going to be a stud assuming they try to protect him.

#557 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    westiedog1 likes this.
  18. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I was just thinking we offered both Kirk Cousins and Anthony Barr huge contracts and they turned them down....I think they both did us favors.

Brook! likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

We really could've used Barr this year. He's a stud. I'm glad we ended up passing on Cousins.

On a separate note. The illegal hands to the face penalty should be re-evaluated. Offensive lineman have their heads snap back when defensive lineman bench press them off of them by using their hands to the chest. And it creates the illusion of grabbing the face mask.

The Lions were robbed this year for that absolutely nonsense call. I also don't really think it should be an automatic first down. I get the want for players safety but that really isn't some extremeky dangerous play, nor does it drastically effect the play.

MJK likes this.
  20. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I'm not saying Barr isn't a good player...but for that kinda money I need more than one sack.