Josh Allen!!!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Apr 28, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Thanks for the jinx man, I knew you'd come through!

Sam Hammer likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just decided to take another look and that "arguably top 5 defense" is 23rd in points allowed, 22nd in yards allowed, 24th in passing yards and 15th in rushing yards.

KurtTheJetsFan and Sam Hammer like this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This guy is one of the biggest enigmas coming out of this year's Draft. I feel like he's either going to be an absolute stud or out of the league in 5 years.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Newton's law says otherwise..

Green Bay - 22

Buffalo - O

Thoughts on the scoreboard-breaking performance?

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

He is lucky the league is enforcing the rules to protect QB's and defenseless receivers. Their OL has to be the worst in the league and if he were playing even a few years ago when defenses could play defense he probably wouldn't last 5 games much less 5 years. He has already been sacked 17 times this season.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yup, that's going to happen with a raw rookie QB against a top 8 D. It's funny because Green Bay actually is a top 8 defense, while Vikings have been pretty bad and it's not arguable. Bills vs Jags should be hilarious.

7. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Josh Allen looking like horse manure? And looking like a brain dead inaccurate bust who can run sometimes and throw the ball out of the stadium but actually perform zero cerebral quarterbacking duties?

52 and 58% completion percentages. The Bills are a defense. They have no QB

8. HomeoftheJets

The funny/sad part is Physco might end up going 3/4.

9. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

More proof Allen isn't on par with franchise QBs. The defense took them to the playoff and then couldn't stop Houston. Allen didn't step up when needed. He's good on his feet but not good passing. Accuracy will plague his career.

FJF likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Twice in a row he gave that super successful head fake as he ran towards his own goal line and then went the other way and made a bad sack worse. I'm not even going to get into the whatever the f*ck that was at the end of his scramble where he turned to nobody and flipped the ball in the air as he was going down.

Josh Allen was so bad in the second half yesterday that if he wasn't Josh Allen I'd have been sure he had a bet on the game and was doing everything he could to make sure the Bills didn't cover.

If the Bills defense declines for whatever reason next season they're looking at 4-12 and another rebuild.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I cant knock Allen for the season he had. He has some flaws and he has some strengths. But he won games.

We have to remember that our QB hasn't beaten an NFL team with a winning record in his Jets career yet. Maybe when Darnold actually leads us to victory over an above .500 team we can say he is a real franchise QB.

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers & Bills all had winning records when Darnold beat them just this year.

Royal Tee likes this.
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

No that doesn't work. All of those teams finished at or below .500 which means they were not winning teams.

But I did forget beating Buffalo's second string in what was a practice game for them. Yes that was an achievement, and I stand corrected.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair, Allen only beat one team with a winning record this year and that was before the Titans made a quarterback change. He's beaten three winning teams in his career (8-7-1 Vikings and 9-7 Titans 2x).

He's definitely ahead of Darnold at this point in his career and there's not much arguing that. We'll see where 2020 takes us. Assuming we add some offensive lineman and a receiver, along with some more team health, Darnold will have no excuses next year.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Do you have clip for Intentional Grounding -> Sack clip? That was an epic disaster befitting the Bills.

Royal Tee likes this.
  17. That’s not the first time he’s done something like that either.

I think he falls into the game manager category but his arm as well as his legs are a real wildcard.

i do think they need to get him some catch radius types that will allow him to “throw to an area” which could yield great success.

18. HomeoftheJets

I don't think Allen is ahead of Darnold. Put Allen on the Jets and Darnold on the Bills, and they probably finish with the same records as they did.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m looking

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Allen is not ahead of Darnold except in the teammates department. Buffalo likely would have won 12 games this year with a competent NFL QB. They definitely would have beat Houston yesterday with one.

Brook! and HomeoftheJets like this.