2019 NFL Playoffs - Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Go for it

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think so, the Ravens are just as good outside of the QB position, and Jackson's firepower takes them to another level. The real question for the Titans is what to do with Tannehill next season. My guess is they tag him and make him replicate 2019 before they consider any long-term deals.

3. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

That's a great band name...

4. HomeoftheJets

I can't predict what he'll do, but I wouldn't if I were him. He and his wife have more money than they'll ever need, and if he leaves, it's much more likely that his career ends badly than that he replicates Peyton's success with the Broncos. Plus the Pats aren't in position to get a top QB prospect, so they'll probably want him back one more year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It'll be an interesting game. The Titans should go back and watch how the Colts beat the Chiefs in the regular season. Ball control at it's finest.

I don't think the Titans have enough team speed to beat the Ravens in Baltimore though. AJ Brown will face an equally difficult cornerback tandem in Humphrey and Peters and you're not going to be able to beat the Ravens scored 14 points (minus the pick-6 at the end).

FJF likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm actually watching RYAN TANNEHILL raising his index fingers in victory. RYAN FCKN TANNEHILL. Holy . . . hahahaha. I can't wait to check out the Cheats forums of how this was a worldwide conspiracy.

PabloJa likes this.
  7. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Crazy how a week ago today the Patriots were going to have a bye week, instead they lose and drop to the #3 seed and then lose the wildcard game.

I wouldn't have believed you if you told me a week ago all this would happen. Perhaps the worst week in Brady and Belichicks career and certainly unexpected.

8. HomeoftheJets

The most delicious part about this whole thing is 20 years ago to this date the nightmare began. And today may finally be the end of it.

NYJ79, PabloJa, JetsVilma28 and 2 others like this.
  9. jetophile

I'm watching Constipated Bill's presser right now. It's glorious. He's a fucking miserable prick fuck. He's acting like the world somehow wronged him. No, wait, I got it. He's like one of those asshole landlords on Judge Judy.

PabloJa, NYJFan10 and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. jetophile

While Julian Edelman Gently Weeps.

11. HomeoftheJets

Reporter: Will Brady be back next season?

Belichick: We're on to Cincinnati.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Patriot Monopoly/Stranglehold is over ..hallelujah

Brady can come back and fall on his face..who cares

Belichek traded Garrapolo away to appease the GOAT..now they have an aging QB throwing pick sixes and trying to complete passes to Mighty Mouse Edelman instead of Gronk ...ahahaha

The Jets will be healthy and reloaded . We will win plenty gameseven with AG or until his replacement arrives

Let the Darnasty begin!,!!!:p

PabloJa and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. jetophile

Why does Shady have a knit hat on indoors? What is he, 15? He's making it sound like he may not be a Cheat next year. Good, kick him in his ass. Shady: "Who knows what the future holds?" The world: "Less cheating!"

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear you and don't disagree. I don't think that's what he will do, however. I forgot where, but just this week I read or heard something where he was upset with what he had been paid all these years, and it was made worse that the Patriots haven't even offered him a new deal. I think his ego and pride will win out and he will go elsewhere.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

I just hope we don't have some ridiculous scenario where the Belichick snags Hurts in the draft, turns him into a legit QB, and beats us anyway.

16. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the new decade. While the 2000s is when the Patriots got established, they weren't shoe-ins every year with the Steelers, Colts, Ravens, and even the Broncos (pre-Manning) fielding some very talented teams. The AFC was a LOT more competitive two decades ago. Then, in the 2010s, after the Colts, Steelers, Ravens, and Broncos began to watch their championship teams break up, the Patriots remained and became the only big kid on the block. Every year was an express lane to the Super Bowl. But the 2010s are over now. Brady's getting old, Belichick is getting older, and Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson are getting better. All dynasties come to an end at some point.

Brady looks tired and like he's had enough. It's tough to know though. Will he really want his last ever pass to be a game losing pick 6? Not that it destroys his whole career, but stuff like that does haunt ultra-competitive guys like him. Also, the Patriots don't seem to have an heir apparent. If this was a situation where they had a Steve Young/Aaron Rodgers ready to takeover, I'd say it's almost a sure thing that Brady is gone. But that ship sailed when they sent Jimmy G off to the 49ers. So we'll see. It will be interesting to see what the Patriots do if Brady does retire. Will they draft a QB in the 1st round? Or will they try to pick up a hot free agent or QB on a team in a QB controversy? I've heard rumors that Cam Newton might get a look. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Foles get a look as well. Hell, if Eli Manning sticks around another year, I wonder if he would get a year contract!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great win by the Titans. No one is actually talking about them, but hell of an effort! :cool:

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

He wouldn't even stop for a second to talk to Vrabel.

19. HomeoftheJets

If you're in the mood for some entertainment:

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I dont see teams lining up for Tom Brady, and I dont see Tom Brady just signing with anyone. The options are few and far between, perhaps the Colts is the most likeliest but who knows.