Robby Wants the Most Money and the Best Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You loooooove Leonard Williams.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He's never delivered as a top 1-2 Reciever league wide . Never even hit 1000 yards . To pay him as such would be foolish, especially since it would only lock him up for 1 year.
    As to your question, would I take JuJu Smith Schuster on the Jets, absolutely. He's a much better Reciever than Anderson. He had a down year, but being the only playmaker on the field for a large #of games, with a third string QB factors in. Robby's played a full year more than Juju and has 3 more TDs and 164 yards more.and that's with Robby having a slightly above avg year and Juju putting up about 1/2 his normal production.
    And Juju doesn't come with Robby's baggage and is due less than 1/18 what Robby gets if tagged.
    So your tell me, would you take JuJu at $1035000 of Anderson at $18500000?

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Depends how much we'd have to give up to trade for JuJu.

4. TonyFtLaud

He's not the top FA WR in the upcoming class, not close. After 4 years you look at production.
    Mac fucked up by overpaying Leo, but he was traded,saving alot of that money and adding a nice draft pick.
    You want Douglas to follow in Macs footsteps and repeat his mistakes now? We should probably ignore the o line too this year. Mac did right ?

5. TonyFtLaud

That wasn't the question though. You know KOs M.O.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That haircut tho.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

First off I am going to repeat myself, you can not dig Anderson for not hitting 1000yards ever, when the fact is he hasn't due to other circumstances as already said previously, I will however repeat myself as it seems people don't want to let this truth sink in.

McCown going down injured fucked him massively, that was his 1000 season right there, Then the OC Master Bates didn't want to scheme him open until it dawned on him he needed to be more expansive with his playcalling, he then made late strides and again this season, Gase has hardly gone out of his way to have Darnald hit a WR over the top and then when he did Robby has delivered pretty much what you would expect and really if it wasn't for Sam he would have 200+ more yards and 5 more TD's and another 1000 yard season in the bag.
    Is this too hard for people to take on board? It doesn't seem too hard to me but on here plenty of people seem to struggle.

You forgive JuJu with is QB issues but not Robby with his, interesting angle, the other angle would be for JuJu's good season he had the rapist hitting him while the top CB's were concentrating on Brown, that is more context but who cares right?

Robby's baggage? What baggage being arrested by a racist cop and then one for speeding, there is no way on earth he said I'll nut in your wife's eye to that cop because the cop would have beat the shit out of him or shot him. Other than that he has been clean for two years, so baggage?
    As for Juju I don't go on the Steelers pages to see if he has any history in this kind of thing.

Also if you look at my other post just a little further back in the thread, that will tell you everything about what I think of JuJu becoming a Jet.

And finally, I am laughing my arse off at your price challenge, if you get JuJu to the jets for 10m a season you should be our contracts manager for the rest of your days, I have also never, NEVER said I would sign Robby up at 18.5m dollars, in fact, nobody has that is a figure somebody put out for him to be franchised for a season.

I am only replying to people who just like to stick the fucking boot in and pretend Anderson isn't a good WR, not a WR1 but at least a 2 or a very good W3 to go over the top.

For your information, I think I said I would sign him up at 12m on a 4 year deal and try and draft a WR1.

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Who's better in this upcoming free agent class? Name them.

9. WarriorRB28

I love taking big, nasty, smelly major league dumps on overrated scrubs. Especially when the media continues to pimp the scrub after two straight gawd awful seasons by saying stuff like he has all the leverage in upcoming negotiations and putting it out there that he wants to be paid as a top d-lineman.

Consider me the voice of reason. :)

10. TonyFtLaud

Without looking at who is coming available,Cooper and Green

11. TonyFtLaud

First Robby has been open plenty,under Bates and Gase. Darnold's deep ball accuracy has definitely cost Anderson some yards and TDs, and so has Anderson's poor route running and lapse in concentration at times. Some stupid penalty too.
    I could give a fuck about your prior post. I'm responding to your comments while replying to my post.
    I was Robby's biggest defender when he was arrested, both times. I'm the one who brought up the arresting officers past after his rolling loud arrest and after his second arrest I went into detail about the intersection and explained why it's impossible to navigate it at 105 MPH. However, he was still arrested twice, fighting with police never ends well and speeding, running a red light at a busy intersection because your GF pissed you off isn't a very smart thing to do and could have ended much worse.
    I see math isn't your strong point?
    $1035000 is 1 million and 35 thousand dollars. Not 10 million.
    That's what Juju is making in 2020.
    You asked if I would take him on the team, again , I would absolutely.
    You replied to my post debating with Warrior as to why I don't believe Robby is worth the cost of the Franchise Tag.
    Arguing every reason I don't believe he should be tagged. He's not top 5, not a true #1 Reciever, and with Darnold's struggling with the deep ball and Gase as HC, he's not going to become one next season. He's doing the right thing looking for the best contract and situation. His replacement can be drafted.
    So make up your mind.
    Do you want to tag him or not?
    You say no, then argue points to not tag him.

#191 TonyFtLaud, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I tried to answer your reply honestly as possible for what it is worth, it is a discussion board after all, I will just try flat out answers this time.

You "couldn't" give a fuck, the other way makes no sense in the way you want to portray it but the other post would have given you the answers you asked of me, if you are to fucking rude or lazy to look back about 4 posts or a page then fair enough but then there is still no need to reply with "I could give a fuck", really?
    So why did you bring baggage into it then when you know most of it was crap? Speeding is stupid but most people will be liars if they say they have never done it.
    It looked like 10m so I misread it, big deal, that has nothing to do with math, but yeah thanks for that insult.
    I don't see the other mans posts, so it was just your post I saw and replied to
    I never mentioned tagging him at 18.5m and again I stated twice now three times I would be happy to sign him up at 12m so again there is no mind to be made up, so not sure why you are insinuating I am undecided.

My entire post is a defence of Anderson and the fact we should resign him, nowhere does it say resign him at any cost ie 18.5m.

Like I said I reply when people try to disparage him and downgrade what he has done for us.

I never asked you if you would take JuJu at the Jets it was a statement "Smith-Schuster had 41 receptions in 12 games btw and I am sure you would take him at the Jets?"

And like I said my previous the one you couldn't be arsed with I said I would love JuJu at the Jets but really it is highly unlikely so it wouldn't matter two fucks if his contract is for 1m or 10m or 20m, so the choice between Anderson at this fictional 18.5m tag or JuJu for 1m is invalid.

The choice of signing Anderson at 12m may well be open, unless you know what he actually wants of course.

Another fine day of discussion, if you want to argue don't bother replying as I really can't be arsed to argue, that wasn't the point of the original post and then the other reply.

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't want to argue I just want to go on record
    : signing Robby to a big deal would be a mistake. He's not a top wr and should not be rewarded like one

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence with Robby Anderson. Leaning towards not re-signing him, but he has a lot of talent and ability. What are the other options? That is the true question. Crowder is the #3, and that is all the Jets have. Any GM banking on Enunwa returning as an every day #2 is crazy. So the Jets truly need to fill 2 WR positions. Cooper? Green? Maybe but they will be expensive too. Joe Douglas has a lot of tough decisions to make this off-season.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we were a competent organization, we could sell Robby on staying, as long as our offer is competitive. But that isn't the case, so it'll probably be overpay or lose your only receiver who can catch the ball more than 10 yards downfield.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

Green didn't play at all this past season, missed a good part of 2018 too. It's not 2015 anymore. I'd take a flier on him but in 2020 he's not a guy I would bank on to be the man.

Dallas isn't letting Cooper go if they do it's a red flag. I read that Garrett benched him from a game for jneffectiveness down the stretch. I'd rather have Robby.

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

“I’d rather have Robby Anderson than Amari Cooper” is something you’ll only find on this here website.

18. WarriorRB28

Overpaying is the name of the game in free agency that is if you want the top available guys.

I don't look at it as overpaying in Robby's case if the Jets make him a reasonable offer they could have a relative bargain for years. If Darnold develops Robby could put up monstrous numbers here. That is what the Jets have to sell him on too from reading his quote Robby isn't just looking at cash he wants to go somewhere with a stable QB situation who could get him the ball consistantly.

19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

garrett is also getting fired

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Other factors are that Robbie and Sam already have a chemistry and Robbie knows the offense and has shown improvement/growth in his game. He's still young and can continue to improve. I would be surprised if Cooper makes it to FA. Green might, but he's at the end of his career. He'll be 32 at the start of the upcoming season. That's the age where the wheels run off on most WRs. They lose their speed and their body starts breaking down. Green didn't play at all in 2019 and has only played one complete season in the last 4 seasons. He only played 9 games in 2018, and missed 6 games in 2016. He won't be cheap and is risky. Robbie hasn't missed many games and still has his speed.

Robbie's going to test FA. If some team offers him crazy money, then we'll probably have to let him walk, but I'd rather sign him (if we can) to a 2-3 year deal with just enough guaranteed money to seal the deal, but if possible, have a lot of incentives in the contract that would escalate his pay to a higher level. That may not be possible, however.

If we lose him, then that means either we have to overpay for Green (and that's if he's willing to sign here), have to sign some mediocre WR that's not even as good as Robbie, or HAVE to draft and start two rookie WRs that will have to learn the offense and develop chemistry with Sam. Keeping Robbie sounds like the smartest, best move to me.

The Dark Knight likes this.