Robby Wants the Most Money and the Best Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can we all just agree that Hollywood Brown is a totally bad ass name for a football player?

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

So your suggesting we pay Robby $18.5 million next season?

3. TonyFtLaud

Tenders are for RFAs
    We could tag him but at $18.5 million for 1 season

J-Raw24 likes this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Fair enough but 18.5 million is even worse than paying him the 13+ million he wants. Would make no sense.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If that's what it takes yes without hesitation. Smartest move would be to make him a offer he can't refuse before free agency but if he's hellbent on hitting the open market ...

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm often against paying Robby Anderson in any sense of it, but I don't think the tag is the worst thing for him. You overpay to ensure you retain him and live to fight another year at receiver. Draft two receivers this year or one and look to sign one next season.

2021 (before any re-signings obviously) might be one of the best FA receiver classes ever.

Cooper Kupp
    Kenny Golladay
    Allen Robinson
    TY Hilton
    Mohammad Sanu
    Keenan Allen
    Curtis Samuel
    Chris Godwin
    JuJu Smith-Schuster
    Will Fuller
    Dede Westbrook

Pepsiguy5, J-Raw24 and CBG like this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has been very unlucky not to have put up 1000 yards though, so that is a bit shitty stick to beat him with.

If McCown hadn't got injured he would most assuredly have made 1000 yards that season, then we had Master Bates ignore him until he was desperate and then Gase has pretty much done the same.
    Still over 3000 yards in 4 seasons, it isn't to be sniffed at and he has pissed all over Enunwa in that period who has 1600 yards, yes injuries have held him back but then again who is built like a TE and who is a twig, a twig that has missed two games after having his ankle stood on.

Not a WR1 but a very good WR all the same, much maligned by some on here but at 12m I would take him on a 4-year deal.

Let's face it, if we improve the OL he will only keep on improving.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You can't double-vision Robby Anderson into a #1 WR. One of the definitions of a #1 is that they're great even when the QB and receivers they line up with aren't.

He's a decent #2 that would benefit from playing across from a true #1 WR - which he has never had the pleasure of doing to date in his career.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Golladay is a beast but what is the co$t that said Westbrook and Samuel interest me a lot but Hilton and Fuller are made of glass so zero interest and a few others will co$t too much -->I have zero interest in Sanu

10. K'OB

Cooper Kupp - looked great in 90% of his games this season, no chance he signs with us.
    Kenny Golladay - He is a very in and out performer but is quality, he could sign for us.
    Allen Robinson - Quality WR but his numbers are not that much better than RA for the amount he is likely to want.
    TY Hilton - Quality but getting long in the tooth by 21
    Mohammad Sanu - A solid W2 or 3 but downgrading. No thanks.
    Keenan Allen - A lot of seasons over 1000 yards but he has a lot of receptions to manage that over 100 avg last 3 seasons, quality but again will be 30 in 21
    Curtis Samuel - a promising young player but not a WR1 imo
    Chris Godwin - improving season on season, deep threat but I guess he will want 15m in two years time also.
    JuJu Smith-Schuster - I like JuJu but he has been very disappointing this season as a WR1 not helped by the QB situation and only had 42 receptions, I would sign him.
    Will Fuller - Always injured, unfortunately, he must have tissue paper hamstrings, Also very hot and cold but that is the nature of a W3 over the top threat, injuries make it a no.
    Dede Westbrook - Has been outshone this season by Chark and Conley, another solid WR2 type.

Who would you fancy out of these then out of interest?

For me, I would take JuJu or Kupp if it was fantasy signing time but realistically they won't be wearing green, unless we have massively turned a corner and looking like having a run at the bowl.

As a direct replacement for Robby it would be Godwin but he will cost as much if not more.

I like Golladay also, can he be a WR1?

It may pay to just draft sensibly for a change and pick up one or two future hall of famers lol

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Godwin is a lot more than a deep threat. He feasted in the slot/up the seam he just gets good YAC down the field so he catches less balls.

Remember, this is for 2021, not this offseason. But with youth in mind I like Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, and Keenan Allen.

Keenan Allen is getting older but he's like Jerricho Cotchery. He catches balls for first downs on 64% of his receptions for his career. He's a big chain mover.

Hopefully we don't need to go that route and we draft a big time receiver in the 1st or 2nd and then a good possession receiver in the mid rounds. But I think franchising Robby to keep him for one more year keeps us from starting Braxton Berrios, Crowder and Vycint Smith next year before going into the draft and absolutely needing a receiver ASAP.

K'OB likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that he's "the perfect #2 WR" but agree that we should keep him if at all possible and go after our #1 in the draft. I actually hope that the Jets will draft 2 WRs and that Anderson would be the #3 or #4 WR. If we wind up with Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st round, I'd love to see us add a tall WR like Pittman, Mims, Johnson or the kid from Notre Dame with one of our 3rd or 4th round picks.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't see some team offering Anderson $15 million or anywhere close to that, especially not with the great and deep WR class in the upcoming draft.

14. TonyFtLaud

I agree completely. $18.5 is way to much and he's just going to hit the market again next year. As far as the $13.5, I don't know how accurate that is. I have read $10 , 12 , 13.5 and 15 million as his asking price,but haven't seen a quote from Robby with any of those numbers. I think it's speculation of what his offers may be.

15. TonyFtLaud

$18.5 million is an absurd amount of money for Anderson, He finished the season ranked 63rd in receptions.
    More than a half dozen RBs ranked ahead of him as recievers and you think he should be paid as a top 2-3 wide receiver. Based on what ? Certainly not on performance!

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He's not fat like Leo or a disgusting mercenary like Mosley. :p

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahah dude please stop with this bullshit hahahhahahahahaha

18. K'OB

But that really is on the play-calling genius and not on the player, maybe you could tally in 3/4 drops? and then 5 open misses by Sam but that will move up to about 71ish, JuJu Smith-Schuster had 41 receptions in 12 games btw and I am sure you would take him at the Jets?

As for the RB part, well if they are pass-catching backs then yes they will be used a lot and will get a lot of receptions but it really is a little irrelevant, like I said when he has been used correctly he has delivered, the seasons stat line of 779 yards and 5 tds from such under usage must be even more impressive than I thought.

19. WarriorRB28

No more absurd than paying Leonard (0.5 sack in 2019) Williams $14.2 million coming off a brutal 2018 season.

I don't like making excuses for people, I don't like to blame other people for one person's problems.

Robby's #s are what they are. I'm looking at his age, his speed, his talent, his upside. Good chance he's the top WR about to bcome a UFA.

Get over the money. Robby is going to get paid this offseason the only question is exactly how much & where and if not here what the Jets get in return.

20. WarriorRB28

I rank Robby as the Jets second best player behind Adams and their most dangerous offensive player.