From 1-7 to 7-9. You gotta respect that

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 29, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I disagree to an extent. Miami was not, and I think Pitts was except the QB which is the most important. Also neither was Cinci or Washington or NYG.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The reality is the best Jets GM in the last 10 years was Mike Tannenbuam. He's two best drafts were in 2006 and 2007. Followed up by Terry Bradway who's best drafted players were arguably Santana Moss, Bryan Thomas and Kerry Rhodes. Followed by Mike Mccagnan who in 5 years has drafted at least 7 contributing players.

There is virtually no NFL team that has passed on two generational QB's and drafted as thinly as the Jets have over the last decade.

There's a lot of incomplete rosters in the NFL that are much better than the Jets roster. I would be hard pressed to come up with 3 rosters less competitive than the one we fielded this year.

3. 100% agree.

It’s not just a few holes or lack of depth;It’s an overall talent level issue.

NYJFOREVER and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

^^ this. And this is the time you can build depth.

The guys who played well, they shouldn't be given a chance to be starters here. Burgess was great but get someone better so he can be your backup in a system he's comfortable in and a coach he knows. Go try to get 2 corners so Bless can be a starter but also guys like Canady/Hairston can be guys who can come in relief (also re-sign Poole to a multi-year deal)

the offensive line needs to be rebuilt but keep guys like Alex Lewis, Beachum and Edoga but hopefully they are guys that can be pushed for their spots or they are the backend of the roster.

J-Raw24 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Gold, where? I thought it was a pile of rupees. Oh, and I don't gotta respect nothin' (shakes cane at sky)!

Cman68 likes this.
  6. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

I for one am have trouble respecting 7-9. Players are paid to produce. You pay the game to win championships. the ring. The crown jewel. 7-9 doesn't cut it. The gm didn't address the kicking problem well or the quarterback problem when Sam went down. Should have shown some balls and signed Kapernick. He might have got us 2 more wins. Mosley was rushed back. Training staff should be sent packing.. Robbie turned it on the second half for dollars. Nothing more

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Congrats to Adam Gase and the entire coaching staff. Hell of a job keeping this team together and winning 6 games in the second half with this roster. God dam miracle, can't wait till we get some talent and a OL. Coach Gase is gonna get us the division and home field real soon.

King Koopa, Aero, LAJet and 2 others like this.
  8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Funniest post of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJW and CBG like this.
  9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The only way he gets us the division and home field is if Brady retires and Gase goes to Buffalo.

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I needed a good laugh this morning.. Thanks!!

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You can respect this dumpster fire all you want.

Losing to previously winless teams TWICE in ONE FUCKING SEASON gets no respect whatsoever from me. (Remember. The second loss to previously winless Bengals happened during that vaunted 2nd half stretch. Fuck that.)

SOJAZ and AJW like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Agreed and very true. Lewis is a fringe player - solid back-up/spot starter material. Edoga could be the same. I would rather the Jets keep these type guys around knowing that they can step into the starting lineup in a pinch. They would be replacing the current back-ups who really don't even belong on an NFL roster.

14. mrjet80

I am not a fan of Gase but there is one positive thing I can say about him. Over the final two games with the offense in a rut and not being able to move the ball very well Gase did adjust his game plan to put it on the backs of his defense with the field position/burn the clock type game......alot of you may laugh at that fact considering it was his offense that was sputtering. Alot can also be said about an offensive coach having no problem doing this - especially his personality.. We didn't see this type of coaching from Bowles...….

#234 mrjet80, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, that's a plus on Gase's side of the ledger, but it's still not a winning strategy in the long run. His reputation was as an offensive "genius", but he's not showing any support for that claim. He doesn't need to be a genius, he just needs to be creative and flexible.

mrjet80 likes this.
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He played it perfectly against the Steelers and Bills, you are correct. He was not worried about HIS offense because he's a HEAD COACH first and the game plan was designed to play it conservative and let your defense win the game against inferior offenses. So anyone who says he's a coordinator, not a head coach, you are wrong. Of course, the media and the Gase haters, just looked at the offensive numbers for those 2 games and criticize them.

jetophile, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Don't you love it when every once in a blue moon someone is reasonable? It might happen again in another year or so, who is to say.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not only did we finish 6-2 during our last 8 games throughout the 2nd half of the season, but we were by far the most injured team with more key player injuries to our roster than any team within the entire league.

Blind critics will point to "strength of schedule" but ignore how injured we were.

We should have gone 1-15 but nope, we went 7-9 due to an excellent 2nd half of football.

sec314 likes this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

With the Jets, next season is always going to be what this season was supposed to be.

mrjet80 likes this.
  20. mrjet80

He deserves credit for winning those games in the second half with all of the injuries and negative vibes going around. That being said I am still not sold on Gase…...