Robby Wants the Most Money and the Best Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 30, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm going to miss Robby Anderson absolutely loved him as a Jet. One of my favorite vertical deep threat Jet WR's I've ever enjoyed rooting for. Came out of nowhere, exploded during preseason and continued to develop into a talent to the point of being on the verge of receiving big time NFL money as an upcoming F.A; it's sad we throw out FA money but failed to lock up our own talent long term in Robby before allowing him to emerge as a big name FA WR.

A team like K.C Chiefs, Green Bay, Dallas or Baltimore gets their hands on Robby Anderson and forget about it.

It's sad. Another weapon lost for Sam Darnold heading into year #3. Reminds me of Sanchez losing his weapons in 2011 year #3. We were supposed to KEEP Robby and draft Jeudy or LT 1st round. Losing Robby will hurt more than some understand but will realize once seeing him destroy opposing secondaries while with a true contender.

Next step. Trade Bell for more picks who turn into busts and another should be weaopon gone for Sam.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Wow, talk about overrating a player. Too many times have some of the better CBs in the league shut him down. Every single Pats game, he’s a complete non factor since Gilmore bullies him and Robbie is too weak to beat his press coverage. Robbie is a glorified #2 WR at best and yes, it sucks losing our only deep threat but he should absolutely not get #1 WR money. I’m sure he’ll do well on a team with a top flight receiver already but I don’t think being scared of losing him warrants overpaying him.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

he won't get #1 WR money though...I don't think so at least.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s going to Philly and gunna light it up if he doesn’t stay here IMO

He’s literally the perfect #2 WR...we should keep him if at all possible and go after our 1 in the draft

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're nuts. Robby Anderson is an awesome talent and has been productive regardless of which QB and system he's been under.

Want to talk about production? Look @ his career statistics. And to think he's NEVER had an O-Line to protect his quarterback in order for he, himself to have time to develop his ROUTES it's incredible the numbers he's put up.

Watch Robby go to Dallas where Prescott has time. Green Bay where Rodgers has time. K.C where Mahomes has time. Or somewhere like Baltimore where Lamar Jackson has time to find Robby deep and wide open.

Don't you dare attempt to shit on Robby Anderson with glorified #2 WR remarks without first mentioning all of the shitty situations Robby Anderson has been in since becoming a Jet.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I think it's going to be Baltimore Ravens. With Lamar Jackson's ability to run better than even Mike Vick, the threat of Ingram as an RB and with Lamar's natural ability to extend plays while buying time with his legs a player like Robby Anderson then becomes impossible to stop. Lamar will find him.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I can guarantee you one thing. Rodgers would NEVER sign off on a lazy route running receiver like Robby Anderson. Especially one who doesn't work back to the ball. And if they did sign him he'd be advocating to have him cut.

He is a glorified #2 bro. That's not a terrible title for him. You over attach yourself to players for some reason and defend them like someone just threatened your mother. It's weird.

But he's not some great player. He'll grab a couple thousand yard seasons in the league and call it a career.

We just need to re-sign him because there are no free agent receivers available and he's the best we got.

Kansas City nor Baltimore would invest in a player like him that has character concerns. They'll go find a speed demon in round 4.

94Abraham likes this.
  8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Maybe, but they have the rookie Hollywood Brown who is a great talent and similar player

The Eagles were rumored to be interested in trading for Robby and they need someone like him so that would be my guess

Regardless, I don’t understand why Jets fans wouldn’t want to keep him. He looked so good down the stretch this year and improved in other areas on top of being one of the best deep ball WRs in the game

A top tier WR with him and Crowder would be perfect

9. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

How does an organization like the Miami Dolphins, sign a significantly better WR, with a significantly worse QB situation, to a 4 year / $40M contract, while the Jets can't sign Robby?

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Parker wasn't going to be a free agent until the end of next season. The time to lock Robby up was a year ago, but Mac didn't do it.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Free agency has gotten out of control, so I'm probably gonna be wrong, but I suspect Robby will get less money on the open market than he thinks

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if Robby is retained, especially if a team offers him 15 mil. That's a lot of money for a WR who doesn't put up 1,000 yards.

His big play is undeniably unique, but the jets have bigger issues IMO.

Douglas is likely going to pour a ton of resources into building a o-line. Additionally, Jets can use draft capital to draft WR's in a deep WR class.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hollywood Brown will make about 2 million next year which includes his pro-rated bonus. Robbie is a nice WR. What's amazing is how staked the NFL is in WR talent production and how badly Robbie stacks up in it.

He's 20th in yards per catch. Not bad.
    45 in total yards. Not bad
    63 in total catches. Not bad
    44th in targets. Not bad
    180 in catch percentage.

This year in the NFL 29 WR had 1000 yards. 34 had over 900 yards. There needs to be a little perspective about how good the average NFL WR is today and where Robbie actually ranks.

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wow, if someone offers Anderson $15 million per year, I will pack his suitcase FOR him.

94Abraham and J-Raw24 like this.
  15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think with the balls he dropped this season he might break 1000 yards and have a few more tds.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Blind "stats".

You forgot to mention how he's been receiving behind an O-Line that's given his QUARTERBACK literally zero time in order to find Robby Anderson or for Anderson himself to have enough time to run developed routes.

Funny to add his "stats" but yet ignore his shitty situation as a WR. lol.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That didn't stop DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Julio Jones, or DeVante Parker from being 1,000+ yard receivers. They were all on teams which surrendered 50+ sacks.

Granted, our offensive line was a special kind of bad. But Anderson is an average receiver who will get more money than he's worth because average receivers who hit FA normally do. He's an OK player, but he's definitely limited in contested catches and anything coming back to the football.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The problem with that is Jets QB's this year completed 62% of their passes and Robbie's catch percentage is among the worst on the team and in the league. You can make an excuse if he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him. The problem is Robbie doesn't catch that many balls that are thrown to him.

Of the Jets WR who have caught more than 10 passes Robbie has the lowest catch percentage among them.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Robbie is a good complimentary WR. The problem is the NFL is loaded with good WR and there are more coming out every year. It's not like the old days when WR got killed and elite speed athletes avoided the NFL like it was a plague. It's not that long ago that it was hard to get a high quality WR beyond the 1st round of the draft. Those days are over.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so it's robbys fault when sam overthrows him? sam needs to work on his deep ball big time. he missed at least 5-6 50+ yard TDs this season on bad throws when robby was wide open