Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

This x 1,000!

The end of the first half on Sunday was a commercial for how inept this coach is at running an offense.
    After a huge INT by Burgess we take over on the Bills 43 yard line. There's 1:50 on the clock and we have all 3 timeouts ... An ETERNITY in NFL time. And this jackass has us settling for a 34 yard FG attempt on 2nd down with 4 seconds left in the half ... without ever taking a single shot into the end zone!!! HOW is that possible??

All the time in the world, and somehow he figures out a way to run out of time.
    You just can't make it up. But completely typical if you watched him in Miami.
    It's no mystery why year after year, his offensive output is total dogshit.

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I think Gola covered soccer and the Giants. Way back in the late '70s and early '80s, I worked with Harper and Gola at a small newspaper in New Jersey. Good guys.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It really is just this simple and it’s all been proven for going on four years now.

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For someone who claims Manish Mehta as simply the 'mesenger,' the informed opinion argument is quite funny.

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I know very little and it is all third hand knowledge. I read the thread here and this is my understanding of what people said happened. It was determined that the Wyatt (same name as Gase's 7 year old son) twitter account was registered with an an email from the Jets PR department which leads one to believe that the account was made by a Jets employee as it is unlikely a non-Jets employee would have access to this email. The account was used to praise and prop up Gase.

If I followed the thread correctly once Manish questioned Gase asking if the twitter account is a "burner" account the Wyatt account then posted a link to a Manish article, then deleted the post linking the article and then deleted the twitter account in an attempt to make people think it was Manish's account setting up Gase. At some point immediately after that someone posted a link saying Manish was busted and it was his account. I am not sure who did this and how this was released? Maybe someone could enlighten us. Was it just a fan seeing the deleted post link or was it part of a coordinated effort by whomever owned the Wyatt twitter account?

Please correct me if my understanding of the events is wrong or mistaken.

#3445 Noam, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Sure, I don't mind playing the game. It's your turn next though.

#3446 Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

You said "It appears a Jets employee may have tried to ruin a reporters career possibly at the direction of the head coach," which is the statement in question. And you didn't address this in your post above.

8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

What he is says in it appeared to be a Jets employee at this moment. You can trace the email on the twitter account and it points to Victoria whatever from Jets PR. All appearances point to her atm. That doesn't mean it was her it could still be anyone including Manish, Gase, or some dumb fan that got themselves in deep with their stupidity. Sure the signs point some to her, but that doesn't mean it is therefore "ot appears to be".

9. Jonathan_Vilma

At the direction of the head coach is the important unsupported speculation, bub.

10. J-Raw24

Head coach does all his media through Jets PR department as has been report repeatedly all year... he actuallt hates media (not saying this is good or bad). But he could easily be behind this through the PR department. As could Manish, we all know he's a moron. Also could be Johnsons through PR department. Or PR did it on their own. Or who knows. Regardless the link is there to Jets PR, fake or not... therefore it "Appears" like JETS PR. That said you are as bad as the idiots screaming "FIRE GASE" woth no real facts to back it... if you can't stop and see it could in theory be Gase, not saying it is, but it could be, then you have no real argument in this.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

It's completely unsubstantiated and base on absolutely nothing other than the fact that he works for the same organization as the employee who supposedly created the account.

You're more than welcome to take the leap and believe he was involved or could've been involved. I'm not going to take that leap though. The beat reporters who hate him haven't even done so.

12. J-Raw24

Actually that is exactly why Manish is involved... he posted that it was in fact Gase's burner account. I feel you haven't even paid attention to any of this you just want to jump to Gase's defense with no logical reasoning. Also if you do google account recovery on the email is shows it registered to the Victoria whatever. Which again could be fake. I'm not making any assumptions. I'm stating any of them could be the guilty party.

Ralebird and Noam like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Adam Gase, QB whisperer!

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Right. And stray far away from anything Mehta says. I choose innocent before proven guilty, not the opposite way. Convicted in the media is a way of life now though, because speculation towards guilt creates a better story and more fodder.

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these. I had never seen these before. This gives me more hope for both Gase and the Jets going forward.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks!

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220966680.html
    Tannehill on Sunday will miss his fourth game of the season after missing all 16 last season, and after missing four in 2016. And the Dolphins, who a couple of weeks ago hoped Tannehill would be ready to play against the New York Jets, now are completely uncertain when Tannehill will be able to play again.

That is background. Here’s more background: Gase loves Tannehill. He is tied at the hip to Tannehill and believes Tannehill is really good and getting better.

And that’s where we disagree because I haven’t seen that improvement. In 2018, I’ve seen Tannehill play like, well, Tannehill.

And I’ve written as much.

So Thursday a reporter from another newspaper asked Gase what he would say to media or fans or anyone who believe they’ve “seen enough” of the Tannehill tenure in Miami.

“Well, I mean, what qualifications are we talking about with people saying that?” Gase said. “None, so I don’t really care what anybody else thinks.”

To which the reporter restated his question and asked Gase why he still believes in Tannehill...

“We’ve made a lot of strides since we started in 2016,” Gase responded. “He had some good seasons before I got here, I know that. And we did some different stuff that year, we leaned on the running game and worked off the play-action stuff. He does a great job with the zone read stuff.

“When you have an athletic guy that can move around as much as he can, and then his arm strength is something I’ve never been around before where we hit, like, the pass he did against Tennessee where he throws it 50-plus yards in the air and the guy never breaks stride. He has some rare qualities that you can’t find in a lot of guys physically. And the more he keeps playing, he keeps learning game to game.

“And that’s something to me that puts him in a position where, where’s our ceiling at? I don’t think we’re close to it. I think we just keep getting better, keep finding ways to maximize his skill set because it becomes a problem for the defense. It’s hard to defend him when you don’t know what he’s going to do.

“Is he going to run a zone read? Is he going to sprint out? Is he going to run a naked? Is he going to go play action? Is he dropping back? Are we running the ball? There’s a lot of things you have to defend.”

Gase never once contended that Tannehill wasn't his starter when healthy. Gase was always in Tannehill corner. The guy was often injured and was on a crappy team. He's on a good team and healthy. He's also been developed by a solid offensive QB friendly coach.

Miami traded Tannehill after they fired Gase. The fact that Gase developed Tannehill and the organization didn't want to pay him after they fired Gase is a reflection on Miami not Gase. Gase absolutely loved Tannehill. Tannehill had both a devastating knee injury and a shoulder injury which kept him out of having a healthy season. Gase was spot on about Tannehill. He developed him.

The flip side to your dumb assertion is that Vrabel turned Marriota into shit.

Br4d likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

this isn’t the point at all. The point is he didn’t develop Tannehill at all. His numbers before Gase were better than his numbers with Gase averaged out to a 16 game season. He leaves gase and what happens? He takes over a team, leads them to the playoffs and finishes the season with the highest passer rating. All of the evidence is there, why there are still a few people trying to ignore it is beyond me.

Noam likes this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What part of injured for 24 out of 49 games do you not comprehend?

Tannehill was having a better season in 2016 and the Fins were doing better overall at that point then they did in 2015. He got hurt and did not set foot on the field again for Gase until the 2018 opener. This is such a simple point that for you to miss it makes it clear that you are just pushing your dislike for Gase at the expense of the actual facts in the case.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What does averaged out mean? The guy has 10 games in TN and right now he's the single best QB in the NFL. He's stats in 10 games says in the argument for greatest QB in NFL history. I can't believe after 10 games they left him off the list. Gee the same coaching staff after a couple of games turned Marriotta into shit. He wasn't that good before, he made the playoffs with about as good a team, even won a playoff game but after 2 games he clearly sucks and should be out of the league. Same coaching staff. Must be the staff. After all they had Tannehill in pre-season and started Marriota. Sounds like Vrabel is a HOF HC to me. He turned Tannehill into the GOAT after sitting him on the bench to start the season.

All the evidence points to is that Tannehill is healthy, has great talent around him and had a base of knowledge that he received from Gase to succeed.

You recognize Tannehill as playing great but you can't give credit to the coach that developed him because you have an agenda against Gase. Gase absolutely believed in Tannehill and Tannehill to his credit praised Gase as a great teacher on social media after Gase was fired before the idiots in the Miami front office dumped him. FYI the same idiot Dolphin fans who are about as clever as Jets fans said they deserved each other because they were both losers.

Sam Darnold opened the season sick. The Jets have a roster that has been put together for years by completely incompetent GM's one of whom was subsequently hired by Miami. Sam got better. He's a better QB today than he was when the year started. The Jets roster without the injuries is one of the worst assembled rosters in the NFL. With the injuries this team should have been in the hunt for the first pick in the draft. They got off to a horrendous start and in spite of that the team stayed together. Sam got better and we ended the year with a core of guys who are all in a new GM with league wide respect and a QB if were lucky who will be better than Ryan Tannehill. Probably not because Ryan Tannehill without Gase is the GOAT.

FYI if Gase was the HC of Miami, Tannehill would have been their starting QB not Fitzpatrick.

Br4d likes this.