Poll: Keep or Fire Gase?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 29, 2019.

?

Keep or Fire Gase?

1. Keep Gase

38.5%
  2. Fire Gase

61.5%
  1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

If you take out the 2 games the gave us he had one more win than Bowles worst season against weaker oppponents. Give Bowles the bills game and pitt game and the weak ass schedule.. bowles is better

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What? How does he just get gifted two games? Bowles lost 41-10 to Matt Barkley at home and to the Browns on Thursday night that were on a 1-33-1 tear.

Talk about revisionist history.

3. J-Raw24

Same way Gase got gifted 2 games. Our offense was crap in both games couldn't have been Gase. Fact is again our offense this year hasn't sniffed our offense the last 4 games last year's jock strap.

4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

AAAAAAA, it was not 17, the reality is, they were 32nd in offensive scoring at 14.5 points per game, according to ESPN Stats & Information. BTW - In four seasons as a coach, the first three with the Miami Dolphins, his offenses ranked 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd, respectively.

rickjet and Quinnenthebeast like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

For the life of me I do not see us being better even with an improved OL... The sheer strength of schedule suggest that we will not be better and maybe worse. In addition, Unless, AG changes his O philosophy to one where he wants to establish an O identity (not gonna happen) then nothing going to change. People are saying the OL sucked and they did, we all know that, but you can not tell me that his PC was part of the problem when the team was last in points scored and third down efficiency like 30% (I think). Furthermore, Sam played better but unless Sam works on his mechanics this off season (like footwork ) his accuracy will be as bad as ever....

Cman68 likes this.
  6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

The bottom line here is the Johnsons are not going to pay two former head coaches. Most teams hire a GM, then let them choose their guy. Not is, we always do stupid shit.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I suppose we could move onto an even worse coach plus a new system for everyone to learn resulting in a 4 win season.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Extremely ironic for any "offensive" OC or HC, but especially for one who is supposed to be an "offensive genius" or QB whisperer. He has a partial excuse due to having had his starting QB missing so many games in those seasons, but still, at the very least it isn't a good look.

9. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Here's something else that's not a good look ... after minimal production in the Gase offense, Flores managed to make DeVante Parker the #5 receiver in the league this season.

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  10. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Fire Gase now! He does not belong in the NFL!

11. J-Raw24

Calm down Dowell, you wouldn't take over even if Gase was fired. Gase has at least 8 more games before anything happens. So wasting time typing this garbage is getting out of hand. Yeah I think he is a bad coach. But demanding him fired does nothing to get him out. Think logically and show reasons he is bad and bring a convincing argument instead of just a crap shoot fire gase now crap. Make sense and have facts to support your argument. Even half the Gase supporters make more sense than this. If you have no real argument why waste the time to type.

12. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I would fire him and promote Gregg Williams to head coach. That way we get a chance to jump start our offense and we have some much needed continuity. Williams won games for the Browns last year. I'm surprised he was fired. I think he could win games here, I think he has won games here. Also I would make Williams report to the GM, much like most other organizations.