Manish Fake Twitter Caught - epic fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 30, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

cant believe that I am only just seeing and reading about this now,Mehta is a tool literally

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I've wondered this for a while. But the same could be said for every JETS forum. You would think it would be easier than twitter. Just more wasted effort but that seems to be a thing for NYJ. Johnsons really need to go. This doesn't happen in Baltimore or SF or most good team... Maybe for Patriots but I doubt it because most their fans are bandwagon mindless idiots anyway.

KurtTheJetsFan and Since1969 like this.
  3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I agree. The Jets have always seemed to be too interested in winning the off-season and prevailing in pointless PR battles. It's really pretty simple. Devote all your efforts to putting a good team on the field. When you put a good team on the field, PR isn't all that difficult.

Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

And my question remains. Why do you think Gase is behind it? Someone interning at the Jets might lead you to believe they are a Jets fan and thus defending Gass is not unusual. There are Jets fans every year who defend our coaches, regardless of who they are. Hell I was just doing it over christmas break with my cousins.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not manish? Moving on.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

it went from “oh man this is great” to “wow our team and coach are even more pathetic than we thought” way too quickly.

Noam, HomeoftheJets and Acad23 like this.
  7. J-Raw24

The facts is PR becomes easier and more enjoyable when you are winning and have good team . Focus on the important part, which is football, and you don't have all this media drama. Other than his supposed squabble with Gase there has been no negative articles about GW. Its like that for good coaches but we haven't had that here.. Rex... Bowles... Gase... its always bs and the front offise obviously encourages it. If GW was the HC it would be him if he let it happen. At this point our whole front office is garbage. We need new Owners all the way down to the PR intern.

8. FJF

I doubt gase is directly involved. He seems too irritated by anything that’s not X’s and O’s to care. could be the marketing dept, could be the girl is a lone wolf. Could still be a front for someone else.

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  9. J-Raw24

Could still be Gase. We don't know. More information might come up, but right now it all speculation.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

All of this is why I try so hard not to ever get excited or upset about Jets "news" or speculation abut something that might happen that is reported by any of these guys. A buddy of mine is always getting riled up and excited by these negative sensational Jets reports and I'm forever throwing cold water on him. It's gossip - not sports news.

Of course he sent me a text last week about the initial Gase burner account rumor. I wrote back "yawn". Too funny.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. jetsclaps

You are making so many assumptions in your head based off of one Twitter account defending Gase. I understand you dont like the ownership, but you are making up stories now to fit your narrative that they care about things besides winning.

12. J-Raw24

Really. Name any move they have made for the past decade that involve the jets winning? I can name several that were PR stunts.... resigning Revis, bringing in Tebow, this crap from JETS PR department. Fact is they get money in their pocket win or lose. They have done so much that hypes media crap but nothing to field a good football team. Everyone on this board has seen it and if you haven't your blind.

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

lol so youre saying that basically EVERYONE wants MDZ

matt robinson 17 and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m so old I have no idea what any of this is about

Ralebird, NY Jets68, Noam and 2 others like this.
  15. J-Raw24

Jets drama. The Johnsons era.

16. FJF

Just know that Mehta is taking heat, rightfully or wrongfully has yet to be determined. The rest of the sharks in press box are circling and taking small jabs . The best on best crime is going to be good stuff for the next few weeks.

hornblower, HomeoftheJets and J-Raw24 like this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I really hope this is Mehta, and not anyone associated with the Jets.

Would be great to see this troll fired in disgrace.

FJF likes this.
  18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I again heard that line in Marty Glickman's voice :p

19. jetsclaps

You named one: Tebow. And that was almost 10 years ago.

Re-signing Revis was because we didnt have any CB and the thought of adding a HOF CB is a good idea.

The Johnsons are trying to win. Whether that's working or not is another story. But they have never been shy about spending money or looking for the right guys to lead the team. If you don't like them, fine, whatever, the team hasn't been winning so that's okay. But to say they dont care about winning or it's not a priority is asinine.

Also, winning is the best PR move. Even an idiot would know that.

MoWilkBeast and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's not like the Johnson's are the Bengals owners and literally won't spend money on free agents. They open up the wallet. They want to win. Merchandise sales go up. You get extra TV time to market your product. There are a million reasons owners want to win.

The Johnson's just came off a very successful decade in the 2000's with six playoff appearances in ten years and two AFC championship games. So they got arrogant in thinking they knew everything about the sport. Overplayed their own hand with Revis twice, forced Rex and Idzik together, and figured their dopey football people could make up for an accountant running the personnel department. They also gave the incoming GM a directive on what to do with Revis which immediately made any good personnel guy decline interviews or even taking a phone call with the team.

They went all in. It worked for two years and then they bought into Rex's super defense philosophy because it's what got them to a game within the SB twice. We tried it for a decade. If we hit on two or three more of those first round defensive players we'd be a much different franchise mind you.

But now I finally feel like they've backed off and they'll let the football guys do their thing. I'm not sold on Gase long term, but he should get another year. This offseason is the biggest we've had since 2006 and will really make or break this franchise for the next 5 years IMO.

Outside of that though, they want to win. It's better for business. They just thought they knew how to do it because it worked for a decade when Parcells put the right people in the right places in the scouting and football operations part (off the field/coaching).