From 1-7 to 7-9. You gotta respect that

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 29, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I just don't get it. So other teams had no chance because of injuries, too young, etc etc, but the Jets should can Gase immediately for not making the playoffs non withstanding the very same issues such as lack of personnel and the injuries. The fact is Gruden for one, did a shit job both personnel wise and play calling with far better talent. We beat teams considered better than us and playoff contenders at the beginning of the season, that is a fact, and could have beat Buffalo on day one if we had a fucking punter to start the season, but we didn't. So all the after the fact rational for the other teams is tough shit.
    I'm by no means happy, but sure as hell better teams with better personnel did a much worst job overall while we stayed competitive, and Gase gets due credit for that. Starting with Cleveland, with all that bough talent for which they got shit but to draft ahead of us.

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Our defense is by far playing better thsn our offense and winning most these games for us. Outside of opening drives, which Gase has a week to plan, our offense is horrible. Gase gets no credit from me. Williams does. But that said it doesn't matter ehat the predict your team to be at the beginning of the season . Remember the Philly dream team thing back in 2011 or 2012. They sucked. None of those teams were playoff teams and none were contenders. We lost to more bad teams than we beat. And we didn't beat any good teams.

NYJetsO12 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The schedule helped, but you still have to win the games.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sounds good in theory, until next year's schedule slaps us in the face with reality.

IIMeanDeanII and J-Raw24 like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

La, Mac hired GW not AG, just saying. Also, remember AG had his players in Miami and how did that work out? BTW - except for a stretch in November, when they scored 34 points in three straight games against lousy defenses, the Jets were anti-explosive. They finished 31st in scoring at 17 points per game, but that number was inflated by six defensive touchdowns. The reality is, they were 32nd in offensive scoring at 14.5 points per game, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Gase's history: In four seasons as a coach, the first three with the Miami Dolphins, his offenses ranked 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd, respectively. There's no place to go but up, maybe.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fact Check: 58 people on this board participated in the season record prediction thread; 76% said the Jets would win eight or more games.

Comments such as the bolded show how out of touch some people are. The excuses are coming from the Gase backers, not those who could not rationalize his hiring and cannot justify keeping him here.

jilozzo and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  7. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Think he can be the first coach to ever rank 33rd? He's all about setting records.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Those stats should instantly concern anyone. It is baffling that people are trying to spin this thing like Gase has simply just had a bad hand his entire HC career. It's annoying.

jxc, ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Duplicate - Sorry, WiFi problems.

#129 Ralebird, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Does it? We have no idea how any of these teams will be next year. The NFL is the least predictable year to year league

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Literally any other schedule will slap us in the face with reality compared to the one we just had.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's not often that you get to play all your games in the same time zone, the weakest division in the other conference, and the previous year's last place teams from your conference all in the same year.

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Most of the teams on the 2020 schedule are so far ahead of us, that barring a complete implosion by all of them the Jets will be hard pressed to match 7-9. That's why I think Boss Gase can count on a 2021 season as well as next year. Chris Johnson will find a way to excuse another losing non-playoff season by using the well worn "consistency" rationale.

Jets 2020.jpg

Show me the wins...

ColoradoContrails and papapump like this.
  14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Gase's first order of business in the off-season should be to find an actual offensive coordinator. If he wants to coach in this league beyond next year he needs someone who knows what they're doing and isn't just a yes man.

15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Respect? 9 years no playoffs, respect doesn’t enter the conversation.

My brother turns 60 next month. I’m not sure if he will ever see a Super Bowl. Thank God I saw ours.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Dolphins x2, Denver, Arizona, Chargers are not ahead of us. Even the Bills aren't drastically better. We'll see where Seattle and the Rams are after this season but I'm not sold on them being great teams. Oakland isn't great.

zace likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't see why anyone thinks this schedule is so much harder.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

18. Cman68

Lets see... KC, Rams/Chargers, SEA, SF, NE, BUF, SEA all on the road... You're saying we faced a 2019 schedule which had this level of competition on it? Face facts, Buffalo is better than the Jets. We're not even on the same planet as the road teams we face with the exception of the Colts and MAYBE the Chargers. We will not sweep the Dolphins and if we're extremely lucky, we'll split with the Bills. The Cardinals, Raiders and the Browns will all be competitive. We don't beat Denver for some strange reason. Swept by NE. Oh yeah, we did beat Matt Barkley and Duck Hodges so there's that.

2020 is not gonna be pretty by any stretch and we'll be damn lucky to match 7 wins. Boss Gase is safe and will be with us in 2021.

#138 Cman68, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. Cman68

Its all relative isn't it... Seattle, Rams are not going to completely implode so lets just admit they are both A LOT BETTER than the Jets. You really think we'll challenge KC on the road? Cmon man, puff puff pass. We don't play well on the WC. Never have really and that's not gonna change in 2020. SF will come into MetLife and win.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You're kidding me, the Rams? The Chargers? Maybe KC & SF. Sea isn't that much better than us. Buf already proved twice this season they really weren't better.

Dont give me that they rested their starters bullshit either. Why is it OK for them to not have their starters but not us?

No this schedule is no harder than this seasons as these teams are currently calibrated with projected healthy starters.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk