Robby Wants the Most Money and the Best Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 30, 2019.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He is a player I'm okay with them letting walk. Addition by Subtraction in my eyes. I think he is extremely overrated. He is going to cost WAY to much. He wont be a Jet next year, at least, he shouldn't be. We can and should do better anyway.

ColoradoContrails and Poeman like this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I'll pass on Cooper. Did you see how he disappeared the last 6 games? Wwasnt hurt according to Cowboys but was also on the sideline all the time. Its completely bizarre plus he wants mega bucks

Br4d likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Oakland already gor him last year for cheaper... see Tyrell Williams... no way they go for him.

4. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

You're correct. What's infuriating about this logic is that THE JETS enjoyed their most recent successful regime when they invested heavily in both their OL and DL. Spending two first rounders on Brick and Mangold, and before that bringing in quality FA OLmen were, in hindsight, brilliant moves that the Jets never thought to replicate. Madness.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Agreed. Fuck that guy

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

For cheaper? Anderson isn't going to get more than Williams' $11M per year and if he does then good riddance. And yes way they could very well go for him as they expressed interest in a trade for him as recently as October so stop acting like it's that far off. Finally, Williams is a bigger, more physical WR than Robbie will ever be. Two totally different types of receivers.

7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

For me, the guy outperformed my expectations this year-- maybe because my expectations were so low coming into the season. I thought he improved a lot both technically and in terms of attitude and work ethic (from what I saw on the field). However, I agree with most above that he is a replaceable part that we should absolutely not overpay for.

Dierking likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

They are both speed receivers. Watch Williams the past 2 years.. i think Williams is better because he's bigger and more physical, but they both take the top off.. that said Robbie is asking for 13+ per year. Which is why he can pack his bags and move along.

9. JetsNation06

And he ain't getting it so like I said they're in the same ballpark numbers wise, probably damn near even. I've watched Williams and that's why I told you he's a completely different receiver with dimensions to his game that Anderson will never have and that's why the Raiders expressed interest in Robbie. Also Anderson's faster straight away than Williams but T Will is a more well rounded WR. Neither will ever be a #1.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. J-Raw24

As I have said I would pay Robbir 11/year. Not gonna over pay him when we can get another speed guy cheaper. I like Robbie but not 14/year like Robbie. And I agree Williams is better slightly, he can jump that helps. And he has a bit bigger reach. I would still pay Robbie 11 tho because of the connection with Darnold.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We've really managed to fuck this entire situation up with a top quarterback draftee and it's so frustrating.

We're literally in line for an entire new offensive line and two new receivers. It's unbelievable how bad the drafting has been and how mismanaged the entire roster is for the last decade.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

but a shitty free agent class.

Jonathan_Vilma and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

except lots of teams need a WR and robby is likely the top one on the market unless cooper decides to sign with the cowboys before FA starts. which would sitll make him the 2nd best one. the WR FA class this year is really weak

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That whole cowboy situation is screwed up. There’s no denying his talent though. He would be an upgrade .

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If he's looking for the best situation, then he's clearly leaving.

16. JetsNation06

A lot of teams will go the young, cheaper route via the draft with so many options this year. If Robbie does get a bloated offer then good luck to him.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

This is why the franchise tag exists.

18. J-Raw24

I don't think we can. We used a tender on him last year.

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's only 26. he's got 3-4 more prime years left in him. and he's an instant player. a young drafted WR may not be. that's the risk. teams like oakland and philly have been wanting robby badly. The raiders have a lot of cap room and extra picks. they could easily offer him a bigger deal then us and still draft a WR.

20. J-Raw24

Good luck to them then. Lets pay AJ Green 11 million.