Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I hate this fucking dude. He's got me so upset about the state of this team. I'm legit checking out for a bit as we head into the winter. It just isn't worth it.

#3341 macbk, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    FlaJet likes this.
  2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

that’s not true

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He was giving shitty responses to Manish

FJF likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Really??...just give aunt Nancy a call. LOL

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Here the facts. Gase will be our coach at least i more games... NOTHING changes that. Our best option going forward is to build talent. Gase will shoot himself in the foot. I wouldn't want to bring in another coach while we have the deficiencies anyway. He would then have to do the rebuild and with our schedule next year I don't see Gase doing well regardless. Atm we can only hope Douglas has a good plan. I hate Gase as mucj as anyone but even with a good coach we have a bad roster. Build a roster and when Gase fails we have something to attract a good coach.

BomberJet likes this.
  6. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Regarding his answers to the Bell questions, they translate to some combination of 1) No, I don't really want him back and/or 2) I don't really feel like thinking about this and answering this now and I don't have to. He could have easily said "Sure I do!" or "Who wouldn't" or something positive yet noncommittal, but he didn't.

Personally I thought Leveon was our 2nd or 3rd best back this year so I can't fault him his opinion. But I also don't think it was a great response from a HC. He doesn't have a good feel for that aspect of the job.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gase has everyone in this organization and it's fans completely mind fucked. Never seen people hang off a person's every word like this.

Obviously he should get another year after a 3 game improvement record-wise.

Watching the "expert" Joe Craporoso obsess with Adam Gase on Twitter is great entertainment. At this point you'd think he fucked his wife or something.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You do have a point, and there were some positives this year: somewhat respectable overall record, which is better than last year (you have to go back several years for 7 or more wins), 6-2 momentum in the second half of the year, finally winning record at home. There were some positives. However, these positives are mostly due to defense, where we are ranked excellent #7 overall. However, Gase is not really involved in defense. His specialty is offence, and offense is dead last in the League. Dead last. Not towards the end, but the absolute worst the NFL has to offer. You can blame it on offensive line, WR, etc, etc, but you got a coach who doesn't coach any defense and only focuses on offense and you are the absolute worst among all the teams in the entire League in that category. That's not just bad, it's brutal.

Also, I must admit I was among these who didn't mind Gase signing. I thought he did a pretty decent job in Miami, compared to the Jets, considering they had no decent QB, like the Jets. Well, it turns out they had a QB. In fact, they had a QB who as soon as left Gase is rated #1 overall (yes, that's the best of all QBs in NFL) in passing. Gase had a guy who became the best passer in the NFL as soon as he left Gase, the very next year. So, all of the sudden his accomplishments in Miami don'treally look all that good, considering how good Tennehil is. Add to that last overall offense this year, no progress by Sam, and I don't quite understand what contributions Gase really made. I mean, it's great that Greg Williams coached defense to #7 overall, which helped us win games, but Gase should not be getting credit for that, since he is not even involved on defense. Where he is involved (offense) we could not have gone any worse compared to other teams. If you want to some continuity, lets promote to Gregg to HC and move on.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The thing is, what should he really change? Defense overachieved. And he is the one coaching offense. Yes, he coached them to the absolute worse rating in the entire League, but that's on him. The only logical change is to get rid of himself. Since he is not doing it, there is nothing else.

Noam, SOJAZ and J-Raw24 like this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd replace the OC. But a better OC might pose a threat to Gase's job, so he probably will keep his buddy Loggains.

11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Gase was out there with Luke Falk at QB week 2. Enunwa was already gone by then, no Herndon. The o-line was in shambles from the previous GM. How do you really grade him? Who would've done better?

Last 8 games the offense did fine. And the Jets went 6-2. It was still a battered offense with a QB coming off a serious illness, no o-line, we're running Vyincent Smith and 3rd and 4th string tight ends out there. A lot of the Jets poor offensive ratings go back to the chaos of weeks 1-4.

Since that Fish loss that dropped us to 1-7 this has been a decent offense.

It took a little while to wipe the stench away of Bowles and Mac. But it's gone now and we're in a better place. I don't know if we're in the absolute right place...but we're in a better place

12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

You all know I am no fan of our HC and today's game was a microcosm of the season. Bad PC, bell disappearing for 25 minutes, as usual pass happy, etc. Jesus, I hope Sam and Allen work on their mechanics and then learn how to audible...

Fk him... because next year he will have better OL, maybe better WR and maybe a CB and Passrus
    Indeed, except for a stretch in November, when they scored 34 points in three straight games against lousy defenses, the Jets were anti-explosive. They finished 31st in scoring at 17 points per game, but that number was inflated by six defensive touchdowns. The reality is, they were 32nd in offensive scoring at 14.5 points per game, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Gase's history: In four seasons as a coach, the first three with the Miami Dolphins, his offenses ranked 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd, respectively. There's no place to go but up, maybe.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He was giving shitty responses to us. Manish is just the messenger.

14. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The guy has the right to be pissed off at Mehta for the hatchet job he attempted.

Gase gave better answers to every other reporter not named Manish Mehta.

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pretty damning evidence on Twitter right now that manish was the burner account he accused gase of running.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Any links or screenshots?

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hatchet job? You may not have liked it but I haven't seen anybody point out any factual errors in what Mehta wrote.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Apparently Manish tweeted one of his articles on the Wyatt account. If true (I posted last week that Wyatt may be Manish), it should be a fireable offense on his part, but he's committed so many fireable offenses by now, I don't think the NYDN will ever fire him.

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  19. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I can't believe Wyatt is Manish- this is to fu
    nny

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And now the Wyatt account has been deleted. So it pretty clearly was Manish. Maybe this time he'll finally face consequences for his actions.