NY Jets 2020 draft thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Sep 17, 2019.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Do you think Higgins is the guy at 11?

2. If no worthy OL is available & we cant trade down i think its Lamb,Higgins or Jeudy. I like all 3..take your pick

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

We have 4 month. It can all still change. Combine, pro days. This championship game. Senior bowl. We have a ways to go. After this weekend I have a lot more respect for Wirfs. I also don't mind trading back for Trey Adams. But that can all change.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Based on picking at 11, our first round prospect pool should consist of this. Note, this does not include trade back potential

OL: Andrew Thomas, Thristian Wirfs, Austin Jackson
    WR: Jeudy, Tee Higgins, CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson
    Edge: Yetur Gross Matos
    CB: If Okuduh is gone we can push back until later rounds

I feel like Okuduh, Chase Young, etc. will all be gone by then.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

CeeDee Lamb is the best of the WR bunch. He can basically do it all at the position. I've seen enough of him to know he's got a chance to be a pro bowler even as a rookie. He's that good. If he's not there at 11 then I'd go Wirfs because most of those other names will be off the board.

I'd probably go:

Rd 1.) Wirfs
    Rd 2.) DeVonta Smith or Chaisson
    Rd 3.) Another OL

Stacked WR class. Could probably go Pittman in Rd 3 if we want to go OL in Rounds 1 and 2. Also Tyler Johnson from Minny may still be on the board in Round 3. Long, possession guy and deep ball threat. He'll probably be gone by end of Rd 2 though.

6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

So many options. I agree and ultimately, OL is our main goal. It has to be. Sucks we would pass on guys like tee Higgins and Jeudy if they were there though.

NCJetsfan and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I feel like we can get a decent CB in round 3. Someone like Gladney, Johnson, Jackson, Hill, Holmes, etc.....

8. J-Raw24

I like Jackson a lot. Wondering if he can be our guy. Problem I have is I think we already have a player like him in Austin. He just doesn't have the injury history. But I could see him or Austin moving to nickel when we get a cb1 and us having a great secondary.

9. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

We lucked out a bit, didn't we ? At 7-9, there were 4 or 5 other teams that we could have fallen behind.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I like Jaylon Jackson - hope he’s still there in round 3 maybe even round 2. Unless a big time CB is signed in FA. I feel one big addition is needed either way and the secondary would be set for now if Poole is re-signed. The goal for this offseason should be fixing the OL, adding a starting CB, and getting at least 2 skill players for Darnold. An EDGE opposite Jenkins would be nice too but not sure if realistically this can all be done in one off season.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

Yeah its definitely a 2 year rebuild at minimum. We can do a lot this year though and make ourselves more presentable for HC candidates in 2021 if Gase fails. It all starts on offense tho... fix the line, get a wr1. The get a cb1 and edge. I can easily see 3/5 of the o line replaced, a wr1 and even a "stop gap" cb1 this year. If the cb1 happen in the draft then him or Austin could move to nickel next year. If its a FA like Roby or whatever then it changes plans a bit. Personally I would take a shot on Mckenzie Alexander or Trae Waynes.. 2 high picks that haven't had a shot at cb1 because of where they are... then back them with a late pick.

LAJet likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was impressed by Okudah. I thought he was going to be more of a product of a good pass rush, but he's like glue on receivers and he tackles pretty well with good ball skills. I think he'll be gone nor do I want to see us take a corner.

Higgins got beat up by Ohio State. I had more question marks than answers when watching him play against a good secondary. When he returned in the second half he didn't seem to be as dynamic as he was all season. Maybe a result of the injury?

I liked a lot of what I saw out of Chase Claypool later on in the draft. High points the ball well with a big catch radius' and a good hands catcher. He might be worth a good look later on in the draft.

Lamb and Jefferson improved their draft stocks IMO. Jeudy will still be the first off the board with Lamb #2, and I have a feeling both will be gone by our pick.

Jefferson is an interesting pick in the first round. I think it depends on the offensive lineman available.

13. J-Raw24

I agree with you on Okubah.. he's going top 10. On Higgins I do think he fell some. I still like him and think he would compliment Robbie well, but he's at 15-25 pick for me now for sure. Good trade back scenario. I still like Lamb over Jeudy. I think Lamb will have a better pro career but they will both be gone. I wouldn't take Jefferson at 11 either.. he's in the same place as Higgins to me one game moved him into a solid first round pick but not a top 15. Problem I have is outside of Thomas, Wirfs, Jeudy, and Lamb I dont see any offensive players at our spot without a little bit of a reach. Next up to me are Wills, Adams, and Higgins all I think would be about 20ish. But Jefferson can still join that group. Jackson fell the hardest IMO. He was like an open garage door Saturday.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I look forward to watching Kylin Hill play today. He could be a RB we target in round 4.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think you can get a very good receiver in the 2nd and 3rd rounds in this draft. Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman Jr, Henry Ruggs III, Denzel Mims (really impressed watching some of his tape - has some Kenny Galloday to his game), Laviska Shenault these receivers are going to fall due to the other positions. No way do 10 receivers go in the first round.

IMO, offensive line is top heavy and also you can find some sleepers ... I look at Andrew Thomas and Wirfs, and it's a pretty big gap afterwards.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

I don't think its that big of a gap... If Trey Adams will be an LT in the NFL, Austin Jackson will be as well even after this weekends poor play. I think Walker Little would be a Top pick without the injury, now he may return due to missing the season. Prince Teguwha (?) Is a great o line prospect. Fact is o line is the deepest position group in this draft all the way to the centers in the 4th/5th rounds. I tgink we should focus on o line for sure, but we don't have to burn our first on that... wr is not as deep.. after the 1st round mltalent most are 1 trick ponies. There are a few that may not be but most are. After the 3rd round it falls even farther.

17. i need to watch more on Wirfs but honestly i dont think its a big gap at all.In fact i prefer the likes of Adams,Becton & Humphrey.

Thomas is not a cant miss prospect & id like to see him match up better against quick twitch speed rushers.He possibly ends up at guard when it’s all said & done

J-Raw24 likes this.
  18. J-Raw24

You should watch Saturday's game... Wirf looked great. That said I still don't think its much drop and I don't think either Thomas or Wirfs are abailable to us. I would just as soon take WR or trade back and take an oline or WR.

19. unless one of the big 3 Wrs are there i agree w trading down.

late day 1/day 2 is where the value for this team is at.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Trey Adams has major health concerns and Austin Jackson really turned me off during the bowl game. Lacks physicality and I absolutely hate how he uses his hands.

WR class has more depth and is more talented overall IMO. There might be close to 20 receivers in this draft that are talented.