From 1-7 to 7-9. You gotta respect that

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 29, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

It was bo where near. We played at least 6 different mlbs, 5 different olbs, 4 different des 4 different dts, 7 different cbs, and 3 different safeties due to injuries. I think defense definitely had it worse... and I may have missed a few.. but yeah. That also not counting rotating some players to other spots. Some of our linebackers had to play our of position here and there, same with dline.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? The defensive line rotated in and out and it wasn't because of injury. We played backup inside linebackers and corners. Outside of that the rest of the defense was relatively healthy. Basham played all 16 games and Jordan Jenkins played 14 games. Adams played 14 games and Marcus Maye played all 16 games. McLendon played all 16 games while Kyle Phillips played 15 and Fatukasi played 14 games and Q. Williams played 13 games. Brian Poole played 14 games.

These were the horses we rolled into the season with. The defense was pretty well stabilized by week 6.

3. J-Raw24

Q was hurt 3 games next man up. Poole hurt 2 game next man up. Adams hurt 2 game next man up... thats what I'm talking about there were more injuries on defense.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

And I just provided the proof that the position groups you said there were tons of injuries to wasn't true. But ok we'll roll with it.

5. J-Raw24

You showed more proof but left out henry anderson, brandon copeland, mosley, Williamson , trumaine, roberts, and many more.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

I just said the corners and inside linebackers were all missing for the season. Copeland and Anderson were adequately replaced by Jenkins and Basham.

7. J-Raw24

Jenkins missed games as well and Basham was only ine to play all games and he didn't start all games ... we had more defensive injuries. But our D outperformed our O by a lot.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

didnt i respond to a thread exactly like this just a week or so ago? i could go through all the reasons why the schedule we played was as soft as soft can be but it would be awfully repetitive and just not worth the time.

this was not a good team, this was not a team that played well. if our dc leaves for greener pastures next year as i would assume. i bet they wish they had made a different choice in cleveland and the number of quality head coaching candidates is very very low, we will have a far worse season next year.

please stop getting fooled by a very easy schedule into thinking this team is a team on the rise all of a sudden.

9. J-Raw24

Our dc may leave for Cleveland. That job is available.

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They didn't keep him last year after his stint as interim HC. Also, I believe Williams is one of those coordinators who isn't cut out to be a HC(on a non interim basis). He's far from being the only one, so there's nothing wrong with that.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean i said we'd go 2-6 to start and 6-2 to finish. I was pretty close. I am impressed about the 6-2 finish with all the injuries though. only games I picked wrong in the 2nd half was pitt and cincy

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Oh for Pete sake. None of us were really happy with the Gase selection but the amount of horseshit excuses used by few here to justify their hated position on how incompetent he is are just ridiculous nonsense. Excuse #1- Jets lost to two wingless teams. Big fucking deal. Miami just spanked the NE Patriots at home in a must win game and Cincinnati kicked the shit out of Browns. Yes, the same NE and Cleveland teams that half this board was going gaga over at the beginning of the season. The same power house Browns loaded with talent and a so called best QB on the draft that year. Same team where people were loving Freddie's selection as a great coach.
    I'm not a Gase fan by any mean but this is the wrong year to try to justify some of this crap. Ability to adjust game plan on the second half, yes it was poor, but so was player basic execution. difficult with utilization of some players, yes he was poor there too, and he better get that corrected next year. But you try to adjust when your QB is inconsistent, you have no real weapons and the OL is putrid.
    Fact is Gase did more with a lot less, and like it or not no one here but very few expected more than 7 wins at best. He was also smart enough to bring us a top tier DC and GM. I doubt any other coach could have done better with the total lack of talent in the offensive side of the ball and the amount of injuries. . Matter of fact many here went on record as to how tough the schedule was, even with our complete team, but now the whiners are bitching that the schedule was easier and will get harder from here on out. Go figure.
    I'm holding tight till I see some talent in the offense, the type of talent that he wants and needs. Then if he is not deep into the playoffs I'll be the first to ask for his head, which will give me no comfort since our ownership is the biggest problem of all, and they will figure out a way to screw it up again.
    Yes I'm pissed about our past, it sucks, but I'm not going to drown on nothing but negativity, not this year......on to the draft.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

herndon and enunwa, two of our three best pass catchers last year, missed nearly the entire season

alleycat9, NYJFOREVER and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Well, 7-9, still not a good look. Even Gase had winning record and made the playoffs in his first year with the Phins. We didn't even achieve that.

Also, I'm tired of waiting around. Why waste another year? When most of us already know how this story ends. We've seen it before, only to me, It's even more obvious now. Another year wasted as a fan, another year wasted on Sam's rookie deal, etc...

It's dumb. It only enhances the dysfunction of this organization and highlights even further just how awful ownership is. When is it time to call it what it is?

Enough Is Enough?

15. IIMeanDeanII

You don't want this line of thinking though. This is literally a loser's mentality. You want people that literally never talk about the injuries in this way, or allow that impression to plague your team because It's contagious and It only promotes a lack of belief in those that aren't injured. It's literally a piss poor way to handle things. The worst possible way to think about it as well, even as a fan.

The best teams LITERALLY never hide behind injuries. They don't harp on injuries. They don't mask their shitty scheme, terrible decisions, or bad play calling behind INJURIES.

Again. It is a loser's mentality. In no way should this ever be valid.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

What's a "losers mentality" huh? These are facts

That's like ssying a repeatable correlation means nothing because that's a losers mentality. Thanks go tell science and sociology that one.

Listen I can give you all the diabetes medicine you need and want but if you keep eating birthday cake, it doesn't fucking matter. Guess that's a loser mentality too huh?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

"ugh.......i think the jets could win 7 games this year but i also think we may be in for a 1-6 start".

jilozzo, Jul 16, 2019

hmmmm.......all you amateurs!. LOL

alleycat9, NCJetsfan and sozopol like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not sure if you think your little rant was strong/solid. It wasn't.

How did we get to birthday cake and diabetes?

No my example would be more in line with...

I drive for a living. I broke my thumb. Since I broke my thumb, I am now convinced I no longer can go to work to provide for my family. I reason this due to my current injury.

^^

That is a loser's mentality. Your family is depending on you, working with a broken thumb sucks, sure, but that shouldn't stop you from accomplishing the task at hand. Which is the most important task. TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY.

In football terms. Injuries suck, they do effect things, but Is it something that should stop any team from accomplishing what It has set out to do? Fuck no, you adapt. That's it.

It's a loser's mentality. It's not hard to understand.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

This is the most empty feeling 7-9 record probably ever.

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's easier to mask the defensive deficiencies the Jets had through scheme when compared to the utter dog shit the Jets had on the offensive line.

A historically bad OL makes it almost impossible to do anything on offense.