Jets picking 11th in 2020 NFL DRAFT

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Sid Youngelman, Dec 29, 2019.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

OL. Fuck EDGE. Fuck WR.

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Who ever the best OL player is.

dmw likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Biadasz will go late first round. Leatherwood is a guard which we can either sign in fa or take in the 2-5th round. None of the guard in this draft are first round talent except maybe Wirfs. The o line in this draft are close to 5 rounds deep. The WR are only about 2-3 rounds deep. Hill is literally Anderson who we could and should just resign. We need a difference maker not a deep threat. We need either a Julio/Megatron type thay can dominate or at least a B.Marsh type big bodies big catch radius (preferably better off the field).

We also need a LT most on the o line. Even if he plays guard first year and we give Beachum a 1 year deal. Thomas, maybe Wirfs (he could be a guard), Austin Jackson (He looked bad Saturday), Wills (he plays RT for a lefty so would have to train footwork backwards), Trey Adams, Prince Tahwega (?), and Walker Little (may not declare) all fit this role. The only ones that aren't a reach atm are Thomas and Wirfs. That could change in the next 4+ months. Or we could trade back.

We also need a center but unless we get a good trade back and an extra 2nd which we could use on Humphrey, I think we get it late. There will be a lot available in the 3rd-5th as well as guards. Moses, Harris, Cervenka all could be great. My favorite is obviously Cervenka if he declares. I like his wrestling background and that he has been calling blocks for an impressive Clemson line for a few years. Also he's a winner. He won non stop as a wrestler in high school and as a center at Clemson.

As for guard and RT I hope we gun for Scherff. I don't want to over pay a lot. But I like the idea he can instantly upgrade our line. I could also see Conklin if he isn't overpaid. On both of them I can see picks being used in the 3rd or later. At RT I think Becton will be available. I've watched him at UofL all year, and I don't think he's an LT. I also like Solomon Kindley at guard and he could easily be available in the 3rd. He's a big boy that makes a lot of push. He plays a little angry at times which makes him nice at RG.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Seems like it could be the second coming of the greatest show on turf. @WarriorRB28 do you agree?

FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  5. dawinner127

I want Higgins or Wirfs. Picks 2, 3, 3 and 4 can all be OL.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  6. J-Raw24

I really like Higgins. I still think he would be perfect with Robbie and Crowder. But I'm not opposed to Lamb either. But I could also see a trade back where we either get Higgins and a 2nd to use on an LT prospect or Trey Adams/Austin Jackson and a 2nd they can use on someone like Gandy-Golden.

7. dawinner127

Oh if Lamb or Jeudy are there at 11, I am all in. I just don't think either will be available for us at 11.

We really need Tua, Burrow, & Herbert to all go before we pick so that means if you like any 8 players you are guaranteed one.

8. J-Raw24

I disagree. I think Tua or Herbert being available at our pick would be a good thing. That means teams between 12-20 may want to trade up. 15-20 is where Higgins and Adams should be picked. My guess is if Higgins is a no show again in the championship game like in this weekends bowl game he will drop closer to 20. Granted all that can change in the next 4 months.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Tristan wirfs t Iowa
    Followed by
    Justin Jefferson wr LSU.
    Make it happen Joey

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d go BPA between Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, Ceedee & Jeudy. One of those 5 should be available.

BrickcityJet and FJF like this.
  11. J-Raw24

I don't think most view Wills as a top 20 pick atm. The other 4 yes, but I don't think they will be available. My guess is Thomas goes 2 or 3. Wirfs 7-10. Ceedee and Jeudy 5-10 but one could drop of the ladt 3 and if so I think we jump on it. If not then Tua or Herbert droped to us and we can trade back for Higgins/Adams/Jackson/Wills.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If one of CeeDee or Jeudy fall I wouldn’t hesitate to take either of them at 11. As one poster already mentioned, a legitimate WR1 helps out this offense as much as an O lineman would. Obviously I’m fine going OL here as well and that’s probably what Douglas is going to do, but either of those WRs would be a great pick.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Who is the highest rated defensive tackle in this draft? :D

jixxjr, themorey, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  14. J-Raw24

Lmao SoJ

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I disagree as far as Wills go, he’s already starting to pop up in the top 10 in mocks and will continue to rise as the process unfolds.

I meant to include Higgins in my list, I’m pretty confident 1 of those 6 will be available.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

I hope you're right about Wills, every draft I have seen him get taken was us reaching cause its a huge need. I think a lot of the teams that would pick him later maybe in front of us now though so that could change. Like I said we have 4+ months left so a lot could change. I'm definitely not as high on Jackson after this weekend. I could still see a trade back to 15 or 16 then taking Trey Adams or Higgins there. Both could help the team and an extra pick could as well. We will see what happens after the combine, Senior bowl, and pro days.

Attackett likes this.
  17. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I think it will be interesting to see which Juniors declare for the draft, as I'm sure this is will have a big effect on who is there at pick 11

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  18. J-Raw24

That's another thing to factor in. Gonna be an interesting 4 months.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Unfortunately with the games they both had, I feel like neither will be available at our picks. Wirfs as good as advertised and Jefferson way better than advertised while Tee Higgins struggled and got banged around.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

You're going to have to pay up the wazoo for free agent signings on the Oline. (i.e. Lane Johnson) - it's better to go OL draft and see what FA is like for WR or Edge.