Quinnen is a beast...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Aug 15, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Big thing is Q is so young, he's still developing his game. He has the athleticism to be a great player and move around on the line. I don't like him playing on the middle and being covered up, he needs to be on the sides.. let Shepard or Folo play the fat man in the middle.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If that's the case (and I don't disagree) the coaching staff needs to put him there next year. Can't afford to wait to Year 3 or 4 to find out if he's another majorly underachieving high first rounder.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Kris Jenkins was a beast and destroyed people in college, then did the same thing in the NFL. His game was power and strength. Q's game is quickness. IMO there's nothing even remotely similar about the two. Jenkins also played big in big games. Q disappeared in his bowl game last year and in another big game or two.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

what do you disagree with? Do you think Allen would have had the same year with the Jets he had with Jacksonville?

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

'
    Watch the game today and see who gets doubled the most. I don't think McClendon or Phillips have been doubled more than once a game the entire season.

6. NCJetsfan

Sorry, but I disagree with every single one of your comments regarding Allen. No offense is meant, I just see things totally differently than you.

Allen is a dynamic, great football player. You make it sound like he only had success due to the players he was playing with. That's nonsense imo. He had no one good beside him at Kentucky and was very, very good racking up a lot of sacks, QB pressures, hits, tackles for loss, and was also very good in coverage.

Yes, I think his production would have been similar with the Jets. Williams would know how to use him. I have no idea who the DC is in Jacksonville, but it's possible that Williams system would have been even better for Allen. Who is playing beside him has zero effect on how he drops into coverage. He may have had a few less sacks, but having to double him would have opened things up for Phillips, Jenkins and the other Jets' pass rushers. I totally disagree that he would have a "much worse" season with the Jets. It might have been a little worse, but no way it would have been "much worse." It also could have been better. Most teams don't double team rookies until they prove that they require being double teamed.

I totally disagree that the outside edge rusher is the last piece of the puzzle that one wants to add or that one needs to have a strong interior pass rush in order for your outside edge rusher to succeed. NFL history shows how wrong you are. The idea that one has to have a strong interior pass rush is relatively new.

I totally disagree that Allen would have been a mediocre fit here. In fact, I think that notion is totally ridiculous. He would be a perfect fit in our system. He is the perfect 3-4 OLB, and he would have been huge for us both in rushing the QB and in dropping into coverage.

Based on your comments, I have to assume that you've never seen Allen play either in college or in the NFL. He has perennial All Pro and HOF potential. I can see him being the best pass rusher in the NFL within a year or two.

blackssmagic, CotcheryFan and J-Raw24 like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dude. Please don't call out others for "not watching someone" when YOU don't even watch the freaking Jets play.

You wait to see them play at most 2-3x per season when on national T.V because as you've stayed yourself... You don't want to get a virus watching the Jets on live stream as an out of state fan.

You don't watch the games, you look at "box scores" so please stop pretending and acting as if you watched Josh Allen while with "KENTUCKY/JACKSONVILLE" when you won't even watch the Jets lol

8. J-Raw24

I live out of state and while I do stream Jets games, I don't have to stream Jacksonville or Kentucky. I get to watch Kentucky, Lousiville, and Ohio State becuase I live in the area. Jacksonville has been on more here due to them playing Indianapolis in division and because they were supposed to be a contender at the start of the season. That said seeing as NCJetsfan lives in North Carolina, Jacksonville is probably local tv for him. And you can watch ton of clips on Allen online. So your point is ridiculous.

9. NCJetsfan

You don't know what I see, so keep your insults to yourself. Just because I can't see the Jets very often, doesn't mean I don't watch other football, I do. Besides, based on your posts and comments, you have no clue what you're seeing. I'd put my knowledge just reading articles and box scores over yours watching the games. FYI I saw Allen play on TV several times at Kentucky, did a lot of research on him, and have seen him play at Jacksonville a time or two. I didn't even need to see him play in the NFL to know that he was going to succeed and be a great player.

I normally ignore your posts they're so ignorant. The only reason I saw your post was to see whom J-Raw was replying to.

J-Raw24 and Jets69 like this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Hey , I'm just as disappointed as anyone here with the way Q has performed this season. Did he play like a #1 pick? Certainly not. And it was quite puzzling at times to even notice that if he was even on the field.

IMO though, this kid deserves a little patience - let him get into the weight room and build up his stamina. I think the Jets DL will be one area that they won't need to address for a long time.

#150 BomberJet, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    blackssmagic and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Q got doubled a ton today sometimes even triple teamed lol. The respect is there. The jets need some rushers to take the load off of interior.

ouchy and BomberJet like this.
  12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hell, why stop there. I think i saw 5 on 1 against him on one play.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is pretty remarkable when you think about it, the topic of watching football games.

it is easier and cheaper for someone living outside the NY metro area to watch Kentucky Wildcats football, or any college football team for that matter, than the NY freakin Jets. SEC Network, ESPN (all versions) Fox sports regional networks, all these things are possible to get with a basic cable or internet subscription

think about that- the Kentucky Wildcats are easier to see than the NY Jets

the NFL is the least friendly league to fans by far. TV is what made the NFL and yet when it comes to modern day life- aka cord cutting and getting your TV through different means, the NFL is stuck in the 1990s

J-Raw24 likes this.
  14. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

If he keeps this up, we might be able to get a high 3rd Round pick, and maybe a 4th or 5th Rounder for him in a few years. . .
    [​IMG]

CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  15. J-Raw24

This is actually a huge problem. I get to see 1-2 games a year unless I find a way to stream. Next year unless we are doing well it will be primetime games only. But I will get to see every wildcat, UofL, Ohio State game. Plus Colts, Patriots, and other bullshit I don't care about unless they are losing...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's not forget Quinnen came out early and is still college aged. Yeah, it matters.

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.
  17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Bills were treating Q like he was already Aaron Donald. It was really overkill for a guy with 2.5 sacks.

Did it help the Jets defense? Lets use the sack fumble play, as I'm watching it right now. Q was doubled in the middle and chipped so hard by the RB that it took him off his route. This opened up a lane for the blitzing backer (Adams blitzes also but is picked up). The rest of our DL (including McClendon) is singled and it becomes a sack fumble. This is what getting all the attention does - and how it helps. This is actual hidden production vs LWs pretend hidden production.

If the Jets had Allen than he'd be the one getting doubled and chipped because we wouldn't have someone to worry about in the middle. The Jags have 2 pass rushing studs in the middle to worry about which means Allen will practically always be singled. Do we have a Calias Cambell or Yannick Ngkaoue on the Jets to take the pressure off of Allen?

Suggesting Allen would have had a better year on the Jets is silly. Take off the green goggles man. Maybe in pass defense but not rushing the passer. He is a great player but we don't have near the talent up front that Jacksonville has. Jacksonville was a perfect fit for Allen.

Quinnen is helping now and if he takes the next step our future pass rushing stud will benefit from him greatly.

#157 ouchy, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    apjbfc and FJF like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ed Oliver is way better

I’m sorry he just is

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

relax it's 1 rookie season and Q was banged up. everyone praised baker last year and he was runner up for OROTY. this year he had the worst passer rating in the NFL and was awful.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I remain unconvinced that Q was the right pick over Allen. If Q has room for growth, so does Allen.