2019 NFL Season - Week 17: Jets vs. Bills

Discussion in 'Game Threads' started by Petrozza, Dec 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Ficken is laying down some bad tape.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Amen. Hearing all the high fiving if they go 7-9 (6-2 over their final 8) against the worst schedule in the league and playing mostly backups today is nauseating and sums up this franchise perpetually.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Really? Sorry, but that's just not true. Accuracy as bad as Allen has does not improve that much. Look at ROn Jaworski to see that. Allen is a 21st century Jaws.

4. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

You can breathe on robbie and he'll go down Haha

94Abraham likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree with you that accuracy doesn't improve that much, which is why I don't expect Allen to be great. But you seem to think that Darnold is going to fix his footwork and decision-making, and my point is after the second season, that doesn't usually get better either.

6. ColoradoContrails

Yes, finally you did. But this has been a problem for Gase all year, and yet you didn't ever mention it before. If I annoy you, you can get some satisfaction in knowing that your immutable defense of Gase annoys me.

7. ColoradoContrails

I agree somewhat on the footwork, but I think it's easier to fix than poor accuracy. The decision-making will improve with experience and better players around him so that he has ore time to make decisions.

BomberJet likes this.
  8. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Maybe, but maybe not. Lets be real... Bills fans judging jets and vice versa will never be clear. There is too much hate or jealousy involved. Even if you think you can be reasonable youll never want to see the other team get 'the guy' ESPECIALLY at a rivals expense. This isnt my board and im not looking to argue or fight BUT its interesting to see some of the knocks Jets fans have on Allen just arent accurate anymore. I dont think he'll ever totally work out the occasional airmail out of his game, but the strides taken this year have been impressive. Its natural for a Jets fan to poo poo it (and thats ok) but most games this year has left opposing teams message boards talking about how they wish they had him or wish they drafted him. Its such a week to week league, or even year to year but even with an easier schedule the Bills have hung with the cream of the crop and werent even supposed to. Most of us look at this year as bonus bc it was all about development- not winning the SB. Sure, any year the D can fall off a cliff. Before the season this schedule looked tough. The way this team is being built though, at important positions through depth, has this team trending in the right direction. Personally, i get no jollies from watching the Jets spin their wheels and enjoy a good rivalry. I hope they get it turned around before its too late w darnold but when you hear things like Sam was the 1 qb who didnt interest him with the Dolphins it gets kinda scarey if he is allowed to be here long term. But back to my point, i couldn't dissect Sams game as well as a Jets fan, good or bad - so i just figure think what you want bc i wont be the one to change your mind anyway.

#388 Billsfan1212, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Watching the game in London with @Brook!

He's better company than the game!

10. Leon H.

Leon H. Well-Known Member

I have a major decision to make....come back to watch the second half or clean the gutters before this heavy rain arrives....let me dig out the ladder from the shed.

BomberJet likes this.
  11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Crowder has been worth every penny

BomberJet and joe like this.
  12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Where's the running game behind this gold standard OL? What are people here looking at besides---literally---only the football? Granted, Darnold chicken-winged the missed pass to the open TE but that said, Jets should still be up 2 scores (Ficken) and the one solitary INT was off a non-PI call (and off a stupid play design with multiple receivers ending up in the same spot).

FJF likes this.
  13. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The sucky part about is that Gase will be the 2020 coach - and he's to blame for this mess of a game.

J-Raw24 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. Because I don't believe this 6-9 team would be 10-5 with other coaches and I don't want to destroy our second going into third year QB by a third regime change in three years means that I never call the coach out.

His decision to not kick the field goal vs. Miami on fourth down was putrid. Not calling a timeout earlier vs. the Ravens was awful. Game management hasn't been great. Game plan and play calling has been fine. Which is yours and everyone's gripe about the coach.

FJF likes this.
  15. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Who the heck will be our kicker next year. Myers we let walk...we brought guys in and none of them could do the job. We had that clown Vedvik cost us a game

I hope we have somebody in here that can beat out Ficken.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Offensive guru Adam Gase

J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm pondering cleaning the bathroom floors..

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No killer instinct by Gase.

They get that last turnover on Buffalo's side of the field the first down play is a throw in the flat to a back.

No balls.

joe likes this.
  19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

30 more minutes left of this disaster of a season

BrickcityJet and Acad23 like this.
  20. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great thing to use our 6th rd pick on. I mean this is straight garbage. We need a kicker badly. But I guess the same could be said for half our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.