I am so glad the season ends today !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Dec 29, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

As we are that much closer to Adam Gase being fired but yes we sadly still have the same owners. I cant believe that I now get more excited about seasons ending then I do about training camp beginning. I hope Darnold plays well today and I also hope for zero injuries. What a difference a few years makes as there was a time that I could not wait for my season ticket invoice to arrive in the mail. Thank God for hockey !!!!!

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Wow

Epic

I thought I hated the Jets more than anyone

sad times

maybe the news will reveal that the Johnson were involved in a company that killed people with baby powder and they are forced to sell.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Same. This is the worst season I think I have ever endured as a Jet fan. People are already forgetting just how miserable those first 8 games were, how pathetic this team has looked over the entire duration of this atrocious season. Just how poor the coaching, especially on the offensive side of the ball, has really been.

I want nothing more than for the HC to be canned. The owners to sell this team.
    I don't think It will happen unfortunately, so I'm sure I will barely invest two fucks into next season either.
    I hate this team but I'm too loyal to stop giving a damn completely. Sucks.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I kinda look at the Jets nowadays with a healthy dose of skepticism. Season starts, season over. Rinse and repeat. As long as the Johnson bros are in charge, things will never change until they change their management style. So far, given all the success they've had over the last 20 years financially, they see no reason to fix what ain't broke. Wins mean nothing, no playoff mandates, just get people in the stadium on game day no matter who they root for. With that as a backdrop, its all the same to me lately. They win? great.. They lose? yawn...

As the saying goes: "Wait till next year!"

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Been a fan for 54 years and I've had 53 bad endings

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The QB got mono... mono. WTF

the high priced FA linebacker looked like a complete animal for 3 quarters, pulled his hamstring and then didn’t play again. WTF again

yeah, I’m glad the season is over too

Ralebird, PabloJa, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

About as rough a start to a season as I can remember. I enjoyed seeing the QB come back from his freak illness and stabilize the team and get them back to playing competitive football.

Bring on the offseason! Already can’t wait for next season to begin!

FJF likes this.
  8. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I just hope to hell we don't lose Greg Williams to a HC job

RPOZ51, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 7 others like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The bummer is that even with improvement, the team is likely to end up with a similar record next season.

You never really know, but if your best guess includes the Jets not winning the Super Bowl, your odds of being correct are pretty high.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Yay, seasons over. Can’t wait to see every thread turn in to a fire gase thread. Should be some great football talk.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its so sad, i feel pretty much the same way. why bother investing time and energy into a team that has such poor leadership that it feels like it cant get out of its own way. gase will be back, he will have a year of douglas moves to see what he can do and take it from there, next year it will be well the guys are just jelling and he needs another year. meanwhile the free agents will leave, they wont get replaced by guys who have choices or agents that care about them and the mediocrity at best will continue for another 2 years..

worst part is that i have absolutely no faith in the people making the decisions to get the NEXT head coach pick correct. its kind of been proven over the years that they are incapable no matter what method they use... maybe they should try letting the gm pick the coach and handle the football stuff. at least woody for all of his absurdity and the clown show that was rex had teams that could compete.

ive said a number of times, that the hc doesnt have what it takes to win championships and be a contender for years and years. once i feel that way the guy has to go, be it year 1 or year 10. the problem is when you dont have people who can hire good people you just put yourself into a repetitive 3 year cycle. paying 2 guys every 3rd year.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

In all fairness Fjay I really tried my hardest to NOT start this thread but its the last week of the year and I said " what the heck " ps give me time as I will REALLY be hating on Gase when Greg Williams leaves then watch the threads that I start but I will try my best to stay in the hockey and weather threads LOL

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

From the day we hired Adam Gase the season became an extreme disappointment. And then the season progressed and every fear we had about the guy turned out to be true. Not just that, we watched his former players flourish without him. And then we had our dumb shit owner assure us that he will be back to set the team back even more next year. We have a franchise QB that needs to be groomed and we have a crew of clueless ballboys in charge of it. It couldn’t be much worse.

and you know what’s sick? I don’t want the season to end.

#13 BroadwayAaron, Dec 29, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat I could not agree with you more as this is EXACTLY how I feel. The Johnsons remind me of or better yet they are EXACTLY like that girl you know ( and we ALL know at least one girl / woman if not many of them ) who is divorced 1 or 3 times and just keeps on dating and picking losers. We might remember that ONE guy / coach that they let get away before that first marriage but for the most part no matter how nice or sweet we think the girl is / the Johnsons are , all the do is date and marry and HIRE lemons = and these woman / owners are loser magnets.

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As bad as this season was - and I'm talking about how badly they played in most of their games, NOT how many W/L they had - what's even worse is knowing that we can "look forward" to more of the same next year barring a miracle of talent acquisition by Douglas. The simple truth is that Gase is not a good HC. Is he the worst HC ever? No. But unless he somehow has a personal transformation and sets his massive ego aside, he will never be the HC that wins a SB. The longer they stick with him, the longer the drought continues, THAT is the most depressing thing about next season.

Ralebird, Noam and BacktoQueens like this.
  16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I hear you loud and clear MD.
    Only the Jets could improve in the win column and make you feel they had a crappier season! That is how I feel anyhow and it is due to first half of the season. Oh and the loses to the bengals and flipper. Way to be the first team ever to lose to TWO team 0-7 or worse! I love how the Jets set crappy records that will probably never be broken.
    Have a Happy New Year!

BacktoQueens and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hear you all and agree. I normally look forward to the offseason and the draft, but I'm at the point with this team that I don't even give a shit as it probably won't make any difference, the Jets will still lose and look bad. At this point, I have zero hope that the Jets will ever get it right. Douglas will probably turn out to be worse than Idzik and Mac, and he'll be here 10 years and Gase will win 8 games next year and get extended. Fuck this team. May the Johnsons drop dead in the offseason.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Was about as miserable a season as I can remember.
    I actually became completely disinterested for the first time since the mid 90's horrorshow.

If they bring Gase back again, it will be more of the same imo.
    Even worse, if they try to gut the team and rebuild in his image.....oof we will be set back for years and maybe ruin Darnold for good.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Or Gase deciding G Williams is too much a threat to take his job.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bringing Gase back in general sets the team back. Doesn’t matter what they do with the roster, he’s a terrible head coach that is making our young franchise QB borderline worse.