NY Jets 2020 draft thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I hope not, Jefferson is a monster would love to grab him in RD2 should we get Wirfs

NYJFOREVER, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

CeeDee should have at least 100 yards and a TD this game, Hurts is playing horrible.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He is. Lamb looks good and diverse enough for his game to travel well to the NFL. The best word to describe him is slippery. He makes guys miss in tiny spaces and his second gear gets kicked in real fast.

As much of a slaughter as this is right now, don't be surprised if Oklahoma puts some points up in the second half. Hurts is super composed when he plays poorly. Larger deficit and better team here. But they trailed Baylor 31-3 and won.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Wirfs , Jefferson is my dream scenario right now.

NCJetsfan and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Agreed, Lamb looks great out there. This is going to be an interesting draft class. Dude has great ability to grab contested catches and can track the ball.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Lamb would be our ideal pick if we can’t land one of the OL. Him and Jeudy could both go before us though and I don’t think I like Higgins at our spot...will we reach for OL?

7. 101GangGreen101

I just don't see many holes in Jefferson's game. 6'3 with a large catch radius and makes some insane contested catches. He's the type of receiver Darnold needs. It doesn't get better then this scenario IMO except if we get Thomas instead of Wirfs. Some like Wirfs more.

NCJetsfan, FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

We've previously spoke of Jackson's (uncalled for) "sudden rise" status in a lot of mocks. As for last night, in the first half Jackson was fairly holding his own vs. Epanesa's one-trick-pony outside loop rush partially because even though SC couldn't run the ball, Slovis (who impressed) was getting the ball out his hand quickly attacking the seams in Iowa's zone.

But once he let Epenesa hit Slovis' arm and knocked him out of the game, it was curtains. Iowa totally forgot about run/edge coverage, pinned their ears back and sent the house (middle blitzes included) and Jackson from there was a stumbling, bumbling milkshake. Tristan Wirfs on the other hand looked like the entirely different level player that he is in both run and pass sets. He was great. He and Becton would be a pair of brute bookends...and a clot-less Trey Smith would make for a nice trio of bullies....with Lloyd Cusenberry III in between?....now I'm getting ahead of myself..

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Joe Burrow with 8 TD's in a little more than a half of football. Wow.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we don't get Higgins, I could settle for Jefferson.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

As long as its some combination of OT, WR, OL and there isn't some bad reach for a player, I don't care. I like receivers in the top 2 round, I like o line prospects in the top 4 rounds. We still have a lot of time before prospects actually fall into any "order". I like Lamb and Higgins more than Jeudy. I think Wirfs stock rose with this game, he showed great athleticism. Jacksons stock went down, he didn't play well. I think Becton maybe a great RT, and may drop to round 4. There are a few others including Adams.. there is A LOT of depth on o line this year, I don't think WR will be as deep. I like Jefferson and Nico Collins. A few other could be decent. Just gotta wait and see.

#331 J-Raw24, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Excited to watch Tee Higgins tonight. I haven't seen a ton of him due to their games being boring blowouts from the start. KJ Hill as well as a mid round pick.

I've seen enough of Dobbins throughout the season to know he will be a good NFL back. We just won't have the luxury of taking him in the second round.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

Dobbins would be nice but you're right. Both these teams have a lot of stars though. Also going to be watching Cervenka and a few lineman. Ohio has a great defense and dline and edge rushers are top notch, but the cb2 is also really good.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Higgins hurt? Uh oh.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sitting 12th can move to 11 with a Denver w.

16. J-Raw24

He returned. Then Justyn Ross was hurt. Hopefully they both get to play on the 13th. LSU vs Clemson should be a pretty good game .

17. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

This is a loaded WR group in upcoming draft. The jets top priority should be rebuilding OL. Wirfs or Austin Jackson should be available. What good is a Jeudy or Lamb if Darnold can't have time for a deep route. Bottom line is game are won with great offensive lines. I would spend the first and second round on OL and then draft a WR in the 3rd round. There are plenty of WRs that will fall.

18. its a loaded WR group at THE TOP. Meanwhile the OL class is great from late day 1 through early day 3.

If the idea is to address OL & WR it shouldnt matter what the order is as long as they are good prospects from the same draft class.

Im all for going OL in RD 1 if the player is worthy of the pick but I think we’re staring at WR being the primary value that fills a need at pick 11.And it’s a Huge need.We shouldnt make the same mistake we made in 2014 w Idzik & missing out on some great skill players by outsmarting ourselves.

19. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Well, I"m in agreement with you. I just know that offensive lines really improve the QBs chance of being successful. I just remember when we took Brick Ferguson and NIck Mangold in the 1st they were two of the smartest picks the Jets made. And then I remember Johnny Lamb Jones picked at #2 in 1980. Sorry to pick on him since he past from cancer but the point is Offensive line picks are usually more reliable then WR who sometimes don't acclimate to the pro style of catching. But, your right if you can get quality OL in the 3rd round. possible. The one positive is that the Douglas use to play on the offensive line and I'm sure he recognizes that the line needs to be rebuilt.

FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. J-Raw24

I think depending how things fall we can get good oline helps in the 4th and possibly 5th round. Becton may fall, Nick Harris, if Gage Cervenka declares, some of the better guards may fall. Most the good tackles could be round 2-3. Outside of Wirfs and Thomas its a crap shoot. I think we miss both of those. My real question is if there is any trade back value still from our spot. More pick would be nice but outside the top 10 the value drops a lot.

BomberJet likes this.