I’m Done as a STH after 39 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Dec 22, 2019.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Ha Wow! I don't know where to begin in response to this. Great post. That's so f'd up on so many levels how they f*cked you on the seniority. FWIW, you were so smart to get your seniority in writing way back then. I should've done that too back around that time but I was only a jr/sr in HS and that thought never occurred to me lol I too got f*ckd on the seniority. Even though we had records of being a STH going back to '67 the tix were in my Uncle's name the whole time (different last name). Due to this when I was speaking to the Jets ticket office before the first season in the new shithole they informed me that my seniority was only going back to 2004 (when I had the tickets transferred to me and put in my name).

Hearing your experience and mine it just makes me angry and disappointed in how this franchise operates. I know from friends who are STH's of other teams (Eagles, Pats, Vikes) that those organizations try and go out of their way to make it a good experience for their fans to buy tix and enjoy attending the games. This franchise is so f*cked up in that regard. Always has been. This is still my team but it gets harder and harder every year.

BomberJet likes this.
  2. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

How did i miss this???
    Link?

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It was a Mehta headline and story in the Daily News today or I guess I should say yesterday. Check out the ‘Adam Gase Thread’ on this board - there is a debate on whether Mehta is blowing smoke or not But I believe Gase would really say something of that sort ...

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  4. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

I had one bad experience years ago after a night game vs. the Cowboys when they didn’t have enough trains running. Outside of that I’ve never had an issue and couldn’t imagine any inconvenience being worse than trying to leave MetLife by car. I guess it’s all subjective

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

My 1st STH was in 1965 & when it came time to get my seats at Met Life I was informed that the records prior to 04 were lost so I asked them what if u had invoices before 2004 & they said it would not matter which is how they handle me as a very long time STH :mad:

JetsNation06 likes this.
  6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

yes, that's the idea

7. championjets69

8. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm caught up now. Damn holidays must have distracted me for a bit!!

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2004? I have news for you. They had paper records only dating back as far as 1977 no matter how far back you went as a STH PRIOR to that, so basically everyone PRIOR to January 1st, 1977 was January 1st, 1977. Those idiots put me down as February 10th, 1977 even though I got it two successive times in writing 20 years apart (1994 and 2004). How they even came up with February 10th in the first place is beyond me. Pulling friggin' names out of a hat maybe? Nothing surprises me.

The second time I asked for my seniority in writing - which was in 2004, to be precise - I did receive it; so whatever jackass in the FO told you that anything prior to 2004 was lost was completely full of shit.

Oh, I almost forgot . . . :mad:

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wow 39 years brings u back to shea. that is quite the dedication.

wish ownership was as dedicated over the same time period.

11. jilozzo

it all goes back to the stadium issue that has more or less plagued this team since its inception.

in a market like NY/NJ - there is no excuse for that. certainly doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling about the political and environmental influence in such matters.

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Jets are losing another loyal supporter!

I put in about the same amount of time ('79), and echo your sentiments. I gave mine up three years ago, now I buy on the secondary market and attend about half the games, largely to tailgate with our friends (who bit on PSL's). Biggest hassle is buying parking passes, not getting the tickets. Despite avoiding the PSL's by moving upstairs, simple math made the decision easy. Paying far more $ for worse seats in an overhyped stadium that at times was downright dangerous at times (packed escalator landings) didn't make sense. I hated the long commute to get upstairs. Now I usually go to the division games, sit downstairs and skip the other games due to higher secondary market costs, and the influx of visiting fans who are hard to take when the Jets are below par. Both teams are lucky that the advent of smartphones, tickets apps and the secondary market came about after the PSL invoices were paid. I don't know how they'll be able to sell them in LA for two teams. Possessing NFL tickets is no longer an exclusive thing. At least not in the NY area.

Like you I kept paying and attending through some absolutely horrible seasons and thought nothing of it because I never felt I was being ripped off, and I had a very good view of the game even though there were not enough wins. (Or none at all, in '95) If all you care about is seeing a win, you're not a true football fan. I believe the Johnsons DO want to win, and care about about winning, but like many ultra-wealthy people they are not as smart as they think they are and have yet to realize their management style is wrong. Regarding separate stadiums for both teams, I never bought that argument. We had it going on at Giants Stadium in '98. Giants fans never complained about MetLife until this season. Winning cures all.

I hope you'll still attend some games. The Jets need as many real fans as possible, season ticket holder or not.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

I really don’t understand your hatred. You had upper level seats, nobody in the FO forced you or Daddy to keep them. It was your choice to write the check every year. I’m sorry, but I can only justify the opinions of the actual PSL owners, the ones who have the obligation. You never did. You should only be angry at yourself. If you or Daddy told the FO you weren’t renewing, they would have said fine. It was your choice.

14. jilozzo

Happy birthday.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#belated

16. championjets69

Well do U not think that I was totally aware that I was be massage with a pile of BS? :mad:

17. championjets69

What U posted about the needing fans is just total BS. When was the ;ast time U saw a fan throw a TD to win us a game? :mad:

18. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

It was good, had my party at a go carting place. Adam sideswiped Eve and she started screaming. Moses had his mom drive everyone home.

jilozzo and Brook! like this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Be angry with myself, what are you talking about? We weren't in the UD before the Abomination We Never Needed and same thing with Shea. We were in Section 131 smack on the 50, Row Excellent. We could've sat anywhere we wanted in The New Dump for let's see now . . . 50K for two comparable seats with PSLs and 14K year every year for tickets. Great, I have that cash in my back pocket. Not; and neither did anyone else for those Sections, hence the endless availability into perpetuity. Because they fckd up my seniority it affected my choice in the UD (and TECHNICALLY anywhere and everywhere else, for that matter), and I didn't get sit where I wanted WITH WRITTEN PROOF. Get it now? After screwing me, their "solution" to "fix it" was to keep shilling a PSL in a section I could afford and I continually refused. The real way for them to "fix it" would be to bump the people they gave the seats that were rightfully mine to pick. They WOULDN'T make it right because they didn't want to "argue with the other people", "It was already done", "We're very sorry for the error, but there's nothing we can do." Eat shit. Of course there was something they could do. They just weren't willing to do it.

My Daddy was already dead for 12 years when The Roofless Shithole was completed. The whole point of him signing the tickets over to me years ago was so that I wouldn't have occasion to lose them, but Woody the Stiff took that away by stripping transfer rights in the UD - where I WASN'T sitting before - as a way of coercion; coercion along with veiled threats that the Jets could strip you of ownership at any time just because to frighten you into buying a PSL. It didn't work.

I'll do you one better: owning a PSL gives you absolutely NOTHING over someone who doesn't own one except maybe some shitty events that they said were "exclusive" that I got invited to every year, anyway. For all of their bullshit, the only difference is transfer rights; but I even had a rep say to my face that they could still strip you of ownership in a PSL section any time they saw fit. "We can do anything we want." And no, that's not even a mild fabrication, so why the fck would I buy one even more so?

EDIT & P.S.: PSL owners are not "obligated" to do anything. Do you know how many people walked on here without repercussions? The rest are a part of the Class Action Lawsuit that still has a pulse. If you don't know what that's about . . . yeah, PSLs and people who forked over now getting ass raped. Not because the value plummeted, but because the Jets decided it was good business to sell new STHs seats in PSL Sections without PSLs. The FO sucks. They deserve what they get.

#79 jetophile, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I refuse to become a STH until the jets show they are a competent organization. Once they do that I will happily drive to MetLife and pay inflated prices for chicken fingers.

It’s not about money it’s about my time. I’m not going to burn 9+ hours to watch a broken product when I can spend 3 hours doing it from my couch.

jilozzo likes this.