They Won't, but if the Jets were to fire Adam Gase...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 23, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I expected Shaw to be on that list. He'd be a long shot, but so is Riley.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

NOBODY PUTS FLOUNDER IN THE CORNER!
    [​IMG]

AJW likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Chris Peterson or Pete Carmichael are my choices if the decision is made. I do worry a bit about Peterson making the transition after so many years in college but his name has popped up a couple times over the course of the years with the NFL and everyone vouches that he'd have no problem doing it.

They've always ran pro style offenses and defenses where ever he's been and he's gotta be good with people to have built those two programs up. Washington's probably the shittiest team to get in the CFP yet, but they had the resume.

Carmichael is interesting to me. But I'm a fan of the long time coordinator. He's obviously seen everything.

We do really need a CEO of football type of guy as a head coach if anything. The next coach will need to be given time to change the culture and we need someone who doesn't run a resort for fear of losing the locker room like Rex and Bowles did. You can't coach scared.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Dowell is a legacy, Otter. His brother was a '59, Fred Dorfman...

Peebag likes this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

If Gase were to be fired (and he won't be), the smart move is poaching Jim Harbaugh ... and he'd probably take it in order to save face before being fired at Michigan.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

With each passing day, I just know Gase will be here for 2020. It hurts to realize, but it's the reality. MAYBE if 2020 is shit will he get canned.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Gase NEEDS to be fired.

Ownership is too stupid though.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

If Gase were to be fired ; he'd still be a RICH MAN lol

10. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

After reading the link I am happy to see Cotchery and Jim Leonhard both doing well. I wouldn't mind see Leonhard take the next step... not sure if I would make him a DC right off, but as a DB coach and eventually a DC would be nice. As for Cotchery I was hoping Heinz Ward can fill that roll for us, but we will see. It's funny all while Ward was playing I couldn't stand him, now I find myself hoping he becomes a good coach.

11. CotcheryFan

Ideally, we'd have:
    HC: Riley
    OC: Kafka
    DC: Williams

12. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I want to respect your opinion but Why you think this guy deserves to be the HC after his failure at SF and players didn’t like playing for him. What is it about him that you think he is a good fit for this organization?

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He didn't fail in SF, he left because his relationship with Jed York and Trent Baalke turned sour

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gase was (1-7) after losing to the winless Dolphins who fired him, and he did not get fired by Christopher Johnson. Since then the Jets have been (5-2), could end up (6-2) playing Bills back-ups Sunday. 0% chance he is fired.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Soft schedule saved AG's job.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Can't wait for next year. :rolleyes:

17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

McDermott already said he isn't playing back ups. We have to win this legit. I will say we can still win it though. That said the last half of our schedule was pretty easy. Next year we in theory have a harder schedule, but we can't say that for sure. Gase is still not making adjustments or really coaching outside the first few drives. Fact is we won't really know anything intil at least halfway through next year.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The next Jets HC if Gase fails has to be a big name CEO type to take over all matters football for the franchise.

Nobody on that list qualifies.

The reality is that the Jets have tried the Steeler's approach to mixing and matching HC's and GM's and it has been a disaster. I'm not sure why it failed but I suspect that the owner's didn't understand the role that the Steeler's owners have always played. Being in control of the HC and GM independently is a tried and true formula for building a winning franchise but the control stops at the guys you pick. After that the owner's have almost no input in what goes on in terms of securing talent and winning on the field. You count on your guys to get it done instead of forcing mandates on them in free agency (like signing Darrelle Revis at age 30). You let the choices your guys make dictate the marketing strategies employed instead of having the marketing dictate the choices they make.

John Idzik was hamstrung from the get-go by not being able to clean house on his side of the operation. The mandate was to keep the current personnel structure and somehow make it more efficient. The problem was the current personnel structure was the problem.

Mike Maccagnan, well I'm not sure what the problem was there but for the Jets to draft no offensive linemen in the 1st or 2nd rounds after D'Brick retired and Mangold declined was frankly insane. It's just beyond belief that any seasoned NFL executive would have decided that the OL was somehow optional when building a team.

Joe Douglas has the chance to get things right and hopefully nobody in the organization other than Gase and the guys Douglas hired are whispering anything in his ear at this point.

CotcheryFan and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. CotcheryFan

We go 8-8 and Gase is retained because we improved by 1-2 games.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That's just what coaches say. Highly unlikely the Bills go 100% on Sunday. Still, the Bills could definitely still beat the Jets with their back-ups. That would shock no one.