I’m Done as a STH after 39 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Dec 22, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Or better, the Commish gets the message and forces a sale.

2. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

I ditched my season tickets when they made the switch to PSL's. That combined with having small children playing sports made even getting to the games difficult. Now I go to a game or two a year sit wherever I want (from Stubhub) and have little financial responsibility. I will always be a fan but I will never buy back in to STH.

CBG likes this.
  3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

PSLs are a scam so the value of the team can be increased for the sole benefit of ownership. And what value do season ticket holders get in return for the PSL money they dish out?...crickets chirping...

mrjet80 and CBG like this.
  4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We havent made the playoffs in 9 years...Im amazed anyone wastes there money on this shit.You can watch the Jets lose at home instead of driving out to NJ.I went to Rex Ryans victory parade at florham park before we played the Steelers in the AFC title game.That was the last Jets event ive been to in person.

CBG likes this.
  5. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I wonder what percent of the total revenues come from the sale of tickets. It seems to me that the lion's share of revenue comes from TV, merchandising and licensing. That's why the Johnson's can be so unresponsive to Jet fandom.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that you're correct that the lion's share does come from TV, but still I'll bet a nice chunk of change comes from ticket sales, concessions, parking and merchandising that comes from those season ticket holders. If they have any business sense at all, any sizable loss of income should get their attention.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Dont feel bad White Shoes..the last Jets game I attended at MetLife was when K Johnson was our WR ..LMAO

In tune with my previous message to Fans>>>>>> DONT give the Johnsons and their Scrooge Greed a Dime for crappy second rate venue, $250 for tix beer soda hot dog and of course a Team that hasn't sniffed the Playoffs in almost 10 years...Double Feh on another meaningless Season

#27 NYJetsO12, Dec 23, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JWWS you are NOT alone and many of us came to the same conclusion--> trust me = as hard as this is to believe you will miss the tail gates and hanging out with friends but you will NOT miss the game day experience one bit. I gave up my seats and NEVER looked back with a regret. IF you are like most of us then your tailgate is not what it once was anyways and as you said you can buy tix on stubhub at a fraction of the co$t. My family and friends are still amazed that I walked away and do not go anymore as Jet games were once a way of life for me and family functions revolved around Jet games but that is a distant memory. Yesterday while the Jets were playing the Steelers I was at Radio City watching the Christmas show with the wife and kids and could care less if the Jets won or lost. Enjoy the money your are saving and the games from home as you wont miss going one bit as it is no longer close to what it once was.

Brook!, Sec124DieHard and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook these are great ideas but they wont EVER do this and also I can tell you IMO most of the fans like myself who Woody and company FUCKED over are NEVER going back

dawinner127 and Brook! like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Kudos to you, CBG, for getting your priorities straight. Family and friends are much more important than Jets football games. One can still "tailgate" in much greater comfort and climate-controlled conditions at your home and at a fraction of the cost, if you want to watch on TV and have friends over. With the money you save you can build a man cave on your house or add a huge TV if you already have a man cave, or use the money for many other things that will give you pleasure and not aggravation like the Jets.

CBG likes this.
  11. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

Thank you for your service.

Pepsiguy5, jets_fan, joe and 3 others like this.
  12. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Appreciate this thread. I've been a STH for 21 years, and Metlife stadium is horrendous. Never experienced Shea just the old Meadowlands(which was infinity times better) I won't give up the tickets because it is a tradition that my Dad and I enjoy(Its not all about football) however the Jets are doing everything they can to push us that way.

The traffic coming from NJ-120 to enter the stadium is beyond disgraceful. How the Jets have not figured this out yet- is a slap in the face to fans, as I have taken photos to send to the Jets but they don't care(Only getting worse with the disaster that we call the American dream)

We sit in the 300s(Upper prime) and there are no special amenties for a billion dollar stadium. I can see fine, but for the price of the ticket- the view is just whatever. There were no bad seats in the old meadowlands- and as another fan pointed out in this thread- they built up and out rather then up. Could of put a dome on this stadium with the price they paid.

Fans are constantly getting up to go to the concessions which is fine- but its non stop throughout the game. At the old meadowlands we sat with a nice community of fans we actually kept in touch with and you would see about 20 familiar faces every game. Now we sit next to 2 fans we have befriended- and thats about it. Everyone around is different on a weekly basis.

The only thing the Jets did right was not PSLing the 300 level. That could of been the final straw for us.

I don't blame you for giving up your tickets. I won't follow suit because as I mentioned my Dad and I make the best of it.. As long as the trash Johnson's are counting there bills- nothing will ever change.

Thank you for supporting the team all those years. It is fans like you that set an example for younger generations.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You were never in the old MSG, I take it.

joe likes this.
  14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

MSG was never that straight up and down. The Coliseum is the best place to see any event in our area. Especially hockey

Dierking likes this.
  15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not to mention Blue Oyster Cult with Foghat opening.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the current MSG before the renovations, I'm talking about the one up Eighth Avenue that's been gone for fifty years.

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude how old are you bruh

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I gave up my season tickets in 2018 after 55 years,. My Daddy and my Uncle were going since the Polo Grounds/Titans (they became STHs in 1963). The POS Jets Front Offce deserve what they get as well as Woody the rube. I hope Trump wins in a landslide in 2020 just so he stays the fck over in England (my sympathies to our board Brits).

19. My uncle hitch hiked his way from Hartford to MSG to see the Rolling Stones sometime around 76 & swears some dude jumped from the upper level balcony onto the floor unscathed.

Brett Michaels had his infamous on stage diabetic episode at MSG in 87 opening for RATT..sold out back to back nights i might add

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ah, the days of wine and roses when the Jets practiced at Rikers.