Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No it doesn't

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Yes it does!

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Sure we can get better players on paper and maybe the schedule won’t be as brutal as you say, but Gase has shown he has an attitude and doesn’t know how to use players correctly. Look at all the ex Dolphins killing it on other teams. Darnold doesn’t look that much better as well. I just have no faith they will go to the playoffs with Gase as their coach.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Well duh of course a guy with zero track record will get more of a benefit of the doubt than a guy with a negative track record, that’s just common sense.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

As much I don’t care for Gase as the HC, he is coming back regardless you like him or not or whether you think he doesn’t deserve to be back. We’re going to accept the fact.

Whether you believe it or not the team has made progress despite some awful, awful losses.

Team is 5-2 in 2nd half regardless who they played.

Team has added some depth at defense for next year.

Team went from being a top 4-5 pick to now 13-15 pick. That hurts but they are imo moving in a direction upwards but slowly.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Looking back, losing to the Winless Fins, Bengals and shitting the bed against Buffalo look so bad in retrospect. You maybe win 2 of those games we go into BUF WK17 in a potential win and you are in game.

Just thinking about it is upsetting.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

And then next year will come around, and the team will be more talented but the schedule will be tougher, and once again we'll be looking at the same mess. I hope I'm wrong but I'm probably right.

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It’s gonna be lit when we somehow lose to the great Bowles D, probably with a playoff spot on the line.

9. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this thread also allows for compliments. If not, I apologize

It's not just Sam's mono Gase had to contend with

patchwork O-line; Osemele did not deliver the value Macc expected. Lot of money for nothing
    Herndon out essentially the whole year
    Enunwa was being counted on -- nothing
    Big money CB still a bust
    Leonard Williams didn't deliver for his $$
    CJ mosely out essentially the whole year
    Bell for whatever reason (I tie it to O-line but who care) didn't deliver compared to contract (and FWIW plenty of rumors were that Gase didn't think Bell [or maybe any RB] was worth that money)

Considering the cap nature, whether for injuries or otherwise, Gase was playing under a significant handicap and that's regardless of whether you liked the above players or not. That was the hand he was dealt to play. And he didn't really bitch about it (which i also liked)

Under the circumstances I think Gase didn't do half bad; I ask people to ask themselves how they would do at their job under similar circumstances

And I admit it's extremely frustrating to think about some of the loses against Fins (almost twice) Bengals long stretches of really bad play. But I may be a glass is half full guy. I expect continued progress and consistency with this FO and coach. I didn't feel that with the prior. I also expect to score on every opening drive. (Admit when was the last time any of you honestly expected that as a Jet fan). I also expect there will continue to be ups and downs

we still have a lot of holes

All Gas No Shake, Jets81 and FJF like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if sam doesn't have mono week 1 or we don't miss that FG and if we didn't lay down eggs to miami and cincy we would be 9-6 right now even with sam missing 3 games and all the injuries and we'd have a win and were in week 17 game. all things considered, we haven't been awful. the injuries killed us. we have a good outlook on next year TBH with some good offseason moves. the only issue is even though NE isn't as good as they were, they are still really good and now buffalo is good too.

11. 101GangGreen101

Buffalo made some great decisions over the off-season to put them in the playoff positioning. Jets need to do the same. Last off-season, the Jets did the bare minimum addressing specific positions that were lacking.

Brook! and FJF like this.
  12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I disagree.. we addressed rb and middle linebacker. . We already had williamson and could of got the same production from Ty Montgomery we got from Bell. I think Bell would have been better with a better o line, but that doesn't change the fact we ignored the most important position of need in the draft and free agency. Yes I think Mosley and Bell will be better with no injuries and an o line, but putting it off for a season (or in our case several season) has created this mess.

13. 101GangGreen101

Jets did not do their due diligence on the offensive line which was the weakest unit on the team last year. Osemele, I had major reservations when we brought him in, I thought it was a cheap bandage at best. Pretty much the depth remained the same outside of 3 acquisitions. The Bills signed a TON of lineman in the off-season, they reconstructed their depth. Could've gotten a nice head start. A lot of to ask for Joe Douglas a few weeks into his employment (talking about the previous off-season), just wish they did a better job.

14. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Agreed. In 2 years we can judge what Douglas has done to fix it IMO. He has a lot to fix starting this year. But he needs time to fix it so we have to be patient.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair. paradis isn't playing well for them. they remind me the 2009 jets. their WR group is weak, their offense is week is allen makes enough plays when needed and the D keeps them in the game. I like allen he's making it work but that team is all on the D. they need to work on offense. same as us.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

buffalo had a head start. They needed a culture change just like we did after Rex Ryan. McDermott has been changing that culture since 2017. Gase is in his 1st year tryin to change the culture here

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope to a different culture than the one he changed Miami to.

NYJetsO12, CotcheryFan and J-Raw24 like this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

Their offensive line was one of the worst units in the league last year along with us. This year, they are a middle of the pack offensive line. It starts upfront on both sides of the ball (Ed Oliver is a stud). Bills I think accomplished that over the off-season. All it took was 1 off-season for them to fix their line and make it a respectable one.

I still like our offense more.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

paradis plays for carolina, not buffalo

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Here’s an interesting Twitter thread I found. It compares Darnold’s first half splits to second half splits. It also throws Tannehill’s 2018 splits in there as well. Just food for thought.