Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The press conference?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And what you fail to realize is that his first three years in the league are extremely comparable to what a lot of coaches records and experiences were. And he didn't have his starting quarterback for 29/54 of those games.

You can't just pick and choose head coaches wins and successes based on what his perceived areas of strength are. Brian Billick was always known as an offensive guru yet routinely had good teams with bad offenses. Tony Dungy fielded nearly exclusively good offenses while coming from a defensive background.

The playbook is extremely limited because of the lack of protection for the quarterback, and holes for the runningbacks. We ran off tackle today. Something everyone and their mother complained about. Gase was pulling offensive lineman left and right all day; a strength for LeV'eon. Not a thing Gase does in his system normally. Did you see a big difference?

The pure hypocrisy of Gase critics is laughable.

#3082 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the players have sucked for years. I'm glad they are upset about how things are going. like 60 percent of them wont be here next year anyway and that will be a good decision, an upgrade

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I will deny it. The team did not quit on itself and has played with pride at times. Attributing that to Adam Gase is going too far with nothing to support the contention.

SOJAZ and J-Raw24 like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not just deal then with what has been said about Gase instead of inflating it to outrageous levels? You're not helping your argument by creating scenarios that no one has created but you.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

Gase gives Bell 10 carries, Gase haters bitch "Gase is an idiot!!!! how can you give Bell only 10 carries. Fire Gase"

2 weeks later, Gase gives Bell the ball 30 times, Jets win. Gase haters bitch: "Gase is an idiot!!! way too conservative! Gregg Williams won that game. Fire Gase!"

you guys are precious

7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Problem is Jet fans have been trained like Pavlov's dog to settle for underachieving mediocrity year after year. Teams like the Jets rely on gullible fans who throw their money away on garbage, regardless of who they hire as a head coach.

SOJAZ likes this.
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Actually, this season it seems like the opposing teams fans are throwing away their money to see their teams lose at Metlife.

NYJFan10 and zace like this.
  9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They've only lost to the bills and pats at home this season

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jets81 likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Because it has been said except your only argument is that it hasn't. Obviously you haven't been paying attention so feel free to back away from the debate as someone who is extremely limited in football knowledge.

It's no surprise that you once again turn the argument into a he said, she said semantics argument rather than anything on topic.

FJF likes this.
  11. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Except Gase did not win the game he gave Bell ten carries, which was against an atrocious team with an atrocious run defense. He deserved every bit of ripping for that one. And not everyone is ripping him for yesterday's strategy against a much better D who's capable of getting turnovers when they won the game. There are times like yesterday where being conservative is fine. But it's when being conservative turns into being predictable that it can be a problem.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

and Browns

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Correct I missed one.

If we played them at this point, we would beat them

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I doubt the Jets will beat the Bills next week, but it would be something to start 1-7 and finish 7-9. Season doesn't look nearly as catastrophic as it seemed. Of course reverse two loses to winless teams and they could have actually had a winning record and be fighting for the wild card.

15. BrowningNagle

same season, starting QB gets mono, Jets start 1-7
    Jets finish 7-9.

same season trajectory, but rookie HC instead of Adam Gase and people on here would be cheering and positive. Gase has these grown men way too emotional

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I predicted 5-11 for this year and that was before game 1, the mono, the injuries, etc. So in that sense the club had already exceeded my expectations.

OTOH the most telling thing for me is the way the offense gets progressively worse over the course of the game. Every time. To me that is an unmistakable sign of a HC/OC not doing the in-game portion of their job well.

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I thought we had a whole discussion about straw mans? And context?

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Can’t wait to beat the Bills backups and then hear from the organization that they went 7-9 and had Darnold not gotten mono, we would have gone the playoffs! Of course next year we’re playing much harder divisions and our record won’t be this inflated. The owners must think the fans are idiots.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

So much happens during an NFL off-season plus preseason/regular season injuries where there is no way to tell (as of right now) if our schedules next year will be in fact more difficult or less difficult when in comparison to this year.

And if Darnold doesn't get sick next year. Mosely doesn't get injured for the year and we improve our offensive line through both free agency and the draft, well, then; guess what? Regardless of "opponents" our schedules will be easier.

Not to mention the fact that next year will not be our offenses and defenses 1st year under brand new systems under Gase/G.Williiams so therefore our schedule becomes easier by default.

It's called context.

SOJAZ and Mogriffjr like this.
  20. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think the best piece of evidence is the photo of Gase on the sidelines, completely by himself. He is often alone on the sidelines. To me, that speaks volumes.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.