Tom Coughlin is available, any takers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets fans never cease to amaze me. This guy got run out of town because the NFLPA threatened that no players would sign there if he was still in charge. They had more grievances filed against them than the rest of the NFL combined.

Tom Coughlin needs to go enjoy his great grandkids and never step into an NFL office again.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

nope not even for 1 second.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Too old now.

His time has passed.

It happens to everyone lucky enough to see that many years I think.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So everyone is all in on Adam Gase over T Coughlin??? Hard to believe

When Todd Bowles was running a Country Club and allowing players to miss meetings and come late..I thought this was the Guy to structure the slop shop

It's like Mike M in a way..not exactly the same personalities but I would rather roll the dice on a proven SB winning coach

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Coughlin is going to have 35% of all NFL infractions wherever he goes. His type of coaching don't fly in the NFL today. You can't fine players like that all the time. Yeah Bowles was to soft but going polar opposite is not going to work either. Gase is a clown as well. Personnaly want none of them here. Let Douglas pick his guy and keep the Johnsons noses out of it.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Coughlin fucked himself over with his Iron Hand...too bad. For a smart guy , kinda stupid

If he reforms and says he learned his lesson I would give him an interview for Coach , limit his power

Can we do any worse..???? Right now we have Joe Douglas and a Prayer..great

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Frankly I'd prefer TC over Gase, but that's not saying much. I think Coughlin as a HC won't work in today's NFL. But I would thin he could be helpful as a consultant.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

Consultant is the only way any team should bring him in. That said I kinda want to see what Douglas does on his own. Coughlin has a very strong personality and is very commanding and I don't know if Douglas will mesh. Douglas maybe good on his own. We don't know yet, but throwing someone "in his way" might make for more issues.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

TC took a team that was one quarter away from the super bowl and made them a laughing stock of the league in two short seasons. He’s perfect for the jets front office

10. ColoradoContrails

I agree, and so would rather the Jets wait until we see what Douglas can do with clean slate. But if next year is like this one, and Douglas doesn't show he has what it takes, it might be worth bringing Coughlin on board as an advisor. That said, I'm hopeful Douglas is the right guy and it won't come to that.

Ralebird and J-Raw24 like this.
  11. J-Raw24

We need to keep in mind Gase's coaching in no way effects Douglas. If Douglas signs FA well and drafts well, controls cap. He shouldn't be let go because Gase fails at coaching . Let him pick his own coach.

12. ColoradoContrails

Again, I agree. I meant that if Douglas doesn't substantially upgrade the talent, and they again suck, I'd look to get him some help. Maybe not Coughlin if he's too fixed in his ways, but Coughlin does have a lot of experience with SB rings to prove it.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

What about Mike Malarkey? Everyone thought he was going there where he broke up w us and you guys hired Bowles...

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There meaning the Jets? IIRC, there were reports that Quinn was our guy before Bowles was hired.

15. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Yesterday's man.

16. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

When Coughlin retired from coaching he moved back to his year-round home in Jacksonville. He took that job because it was in his backyard. He wasnt gonna take a job elsewhere then, and he won't now.