The end of Francesa

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Dec 21, 2017.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I alway turn ESPN radio off at 1 . S.a.s. Is awful.
    how bad is Scott?

2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

The bad part of Kay being declared the "king of the sports radio afternoon ratings" is that they would be less motivated to remove Rosenberg from the mix.

He makes the Kay show unlistenable for me.

Antoni, MJK and Savatage like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Talks macho stupid horseshit 95 % of the time

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Joe & Evan so I'm glad they are getting their shot at the afternoon drive. I hope they destroy Kay who is god fucking awful. He is not funny or informative. I have no idea how he beat Fatty. Fatty misplayed his hand badly when he retired the first time.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Ugh Joe & Evan are just about as bad a choice as could’ve been made. WFAN would’ve been better off trying to develop a new talent.

WFAN will go off after Boomer & Gio for me and won’t go back on till the next morning.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

ugh, Carlin is so terrible, Guess I'm never listening to 98.7 at 7 pm ever again

7. GordonGecko

Yeah but he makes the show entertaining for everyone else. Ratings took a huge jump from after he joined. He's a sleezeball but he makes things more interesting than just the two old fohgies

8. matt robinson 17

Can't listen to LaGreca anymore, should stick to ruining Rangers games for me

9. GordonGecko

he's a fake loser for sure, heck all three are losers, but somehow someway together they make a great show

10. matt robinson 17

LaGreca is like a broken record, the same thing all the time, everyday....it pisses me off he's involved in my 2 favorite teams Jets/Rangers and he hates both of them

11. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on Moose & Maggie? I think they are a good pair and will do well in the midday.

12. matt robinson 17

13. GordonGecko

That's because Maggie sucks, and Melusus sucks even worse. Not nearly as badly as Kim Jones (that's humanly impossible to be remotely as horrible as her).

I don't understand why WFAN buries Lori Rubinson on Sunday nights. She should have an afternoon show

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Same. The guy is horrendous.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I always liked Moose. He's smart he's just a little rough around the edges and sometimes seems a little scared to go off-book.

Haven't heard them yet, but I think they're a decent combination.

These pairs need to learn to start to disagree though and I think that's what's been missing since Dog and Mike were in their hayday. Joe listens and agrees with everything Evan says. It's so boring to list to especially when one guy knows nothing about it.

Boomer and Gio work well because they both make fun of each other.

I don't get why they don't throw JJ into one of these pairings and tell him to muck shit up.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think Bart Scott defected to ESPN. I heard Stephen A. Smith say - I think it was yesterday? - that he was away for a few weeks but will still be around in a limited capacity something something. I turned it off because he started out fine and then segued into yelling and screaming and I couldn't deal with it. What's with that all the time? That's all he ever does, screams and yells with a lot of shrieking peaks and very few valleys.

Anyone know that Sol Wachtler adage that a grand jury could indict a ham sandwich? Well, Smith could find something racist about plastic wrap. Hell, probably even Silly Putty or dental floss . . or maybe that string my Grandpa used to tie around the kitchen cabinet knob to keep it from falling off because the screw was stripped? What is it with Grandpas and string, I ask you. Racism, that's what.

GordonGecko likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm happy with FAN in the mornings and through the lunch hour. Joe & Evan/Evan & Joe are still the baseline for me in terms of sports radio in NY. They're where you need to be if you want a slot in a market full of wall-to-wall screamers.

Boomer and Gio are a lot of fun to listen too also. I miss Carton a lot but you can't have everything and Gio keeps Boomer laughing which is what makes Boomer great. Well, that and being a Jets fan of course.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I liked Carton but he really created himself as larger than life at the end of his tenure. Gio is able to make fun of Mike in good fun, while Carton made fun of him in a manner that was so obviously jealous.

I have no doubt that Carton would've tripped Mike down the stairs and laughed when he broke his neck. That's the way it always came across. Man he was funny though at times.

Br4d likes this.
  19. matt robinson 17

Carton will find a spot when he gets out probably on ESPN Radio

Br4d and jilozzo like this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Carton needs to be on pirate radio broadcasting outside US waters. Who they could get to choppah out to him every day is unclear. Maybe Andrew Dice Clay is up for a second career bringing Brooklyn to the USA?