Who’s your surrogate playoff team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

I'm with some of the other posters, in that I can't pick an AFC East team. That's just plain wrong.
    Chiefs, if I have to pick somebody.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

WTF? Bills? How the fuck can you root for the Bills as a Jet fan? Some of you have a really bad case of the mental AIDS
    dude I dont know how things work in those pre-historic buried Turkish cities but here, we DO NOT root for divisional rivals to have any sort of success

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

jonny

Think. If I didn't have mental AIDS, why would I pick Jets to be my team? For real. I was 26-27 years old when my company moved me to USA. Until then I never heard of the Jets or any other NFL Team. This was a new sports for me. And after thorough research I picked Jets as my team and slowly and gradually Jets grew on me and now I am a Season Ticket Holder who can't watch football again the days Jets lose. I for one am dumb as a rock. Can't speak for others though. Meantime, congrats on your high school team winning big on the anniversary of the horrible event. Thought of you and your neighbors for sure. You must be proud.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Your superstar QB just threw for 109 yards against the Steelers....AWESOME! And the last time Allen played the Jets in Buffalo, he got his lily ass kicked. ya, a bad QB.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I hope the Bills reach the SB so they can lose their 5th in a row on a missed FG in overtime.

Acad23 likes this.
  6. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

Basically anyone but the Pats. In the Chiefs' case, it'd be cool to see Andy Reid finally win one.

Footballgod214 and CotcheryFan like this.
  7. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

A hated division rival? Lol. How old are you? Please don’t say anything above 16...

8. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Why’s it a crime to root for the Bills if the Jets have no chance?

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Thanks dude. It was pretty awesome.!

Brook! likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Your not a Jet fan if your backup team is someone in the AFC East. The friggin Bills, are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want them to beat the Pats so they have a chance at the Division when we play them and I want to beat them and hurt as many players as possible ( enough for them to miss the next game) because I hate the Bills. My playoff team is always someone in the NFC so I am picking the Saints. I bet $100 on them to win the Super bowl at 5.5 -1.

jonnyd likes this.
  11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I'll go this year with the Ravens as IMHO they have the best chance to beat the Pats to win the conference & move on to the SB:mad:

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Packers or saints. I want to see brees or Rodgers get that 2nd ring. They’re both too good to only have 1

Brook! and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Jets have 4 rivals. Pats, Bills, Dolphins, Giants. These are the teams Jets fan hate. Now if the Bills play the Pats then you hope (not really root) the lesser of two evils wins in this case that would be the Bills. Not really hard to understand why Jets fans won't cheer for the Bills.

sec314 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm either a criminal or just don't have enough hatred in me. I'm pulling for my favorite could-have been Jet Josh Allen and the Bills to do well.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I don't like to root for division rivals but my hate waxes and wanes depending on how they are playing.

In the 70s and 80s I hated the Dolphins the most.

For a while in the early 90s I hated the Bills the most.

For the last 18 years it has been the Patriots. But I may end up hating NE for many years after they go back to sucking because so much has been built up.

16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

This can be the only correct answer, fucking surrogate team, just wrong. Take your punishment like a man and suffer in silence, there's always next season to look forward to. :D

Ralebird and jonnyd like this.
  17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan who has never lived anywhere close by, I give absolutely zero shits about the Giants. I care about them winning or losing exactly the same as I care about the Redskins or the Bengals. I understand why fans living in the area could feel differently.

I spent a lot of years being conditioned to hate the Colts as division rivals, and I still put them in that fourth slot.

Chappy13, NY Jets68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

don't forget the Raiders. long time Jets rival

donkey and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Saints because they were my pops team and my girls team. I honestly don’t give a fuck about any other team besides the jets. I try to but I just can’t. Which is unfortunate.

20. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

This is fascinating to me. When was this? What kind of research? What factors won you over? Were there any other candidates?

I went through a similar process when I picked my Premier League team. It's fun to hear people's stories about this kind of thing.