Here is a sideline gem... Let's see what Sam thinks of Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this is pretty well said. If Harbaugh breaks lose, or Belichick, Andy Reid, Sean Payton, etc. Decided they wanted to come here then I'd hope we'd drop Gase in a heart beat.

Beyond that we're just shuffling average coordinators in and putting Sam in his third system in three years. And then when that team goes 7-9 because of X, Y, and Z they'll have their own billboard.

sackexchange, FJF and King Koopa like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Vague? Maybe. I'm just trying to get you to look at "the forest, instead of the trees". We can agree to disagree, and see how things work out. We have no choice really. And I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think I am.

I'll say this: I do agree that Gase is trying to adjust now, finally, in the past few games, but I don't think he's very good at it. When he had a HOF QB virtually calling the plays for him, he was okay, but when he doesn't, he hasn't shown much. I don't know how you can dispute or ignore that over his career.

Noam likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

So, in other words, we should all just sit by and accept the mediocrity.

Ralebird and PabloJa like this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I think it’s fair to see how this coaching staff does in a “normal” year after one season unless we have a great coach looking to coach the Jets this off season which seems unlikely

Then we can can fire Gase and continue the wheel of mediocrity

Pepsiguy5, Biggs, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Is it reasonable to think that a head coach can improve? Or should we assess everyone that walks in the door on a 14 game cycle with the fattest injury report in the NFL?

LAJet likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Can’t wait

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’ve seen the draft threads, you know the answer to this.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

It's funny because the accusation of being short sighted comes from someone who wants to fire a coach that hasn't even reached his year mark with the organization.

NFL coaches don't get forever. This is Gase's true last stop as a head coach if it's not a huge improvement next year, assuming what will be a massive roster overhaul.

Maybe we see what he does with that? If we fire him and Harbaugh stays at Michigan, who do we hire? That dickhead Jason Taylor look alike coaching San Fran's defense? Eric Bienemy whose never called plays in his life? Gimme some options.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

After one year yes. After four years no.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Based on the actual Offensive personal we put on the field last night I thought they played over their heads. We were actually in the game in the first half if Robbie doesn't drop a TD and our FG kicker hits on a chip shot. That's with the Ravens scoring at will on our D.

I was really happy with how we moved the ball on O. Sam looked good, he made some really stupid mistakes but overall he played well. I'm really not sure why people are bitching about Gase today. He called out Sam for making mistakes? I think that's his job. Overall the O did much better than I anticipated.

Baltimore has a good D and O. They bitch slapped BB, Pete Carroll, McVay and Bill O'Brien this year. That was a severe mis match and the O actually moved the ball and got in position to score on several drives.

Who knew Lamar Jackson would be better than Sam, Rosen, Baker and Allen? Who thought the NY Jets on a short week were going to win in Baltimore to a team looking for a first round bye with the SB as their seasons goal?

You have to win the offseason to win during the season. We lost the offseason and we sucked last year. We have a new GM. Win the offseason and then let's see if Gase can win during the season. He's not going anywhere unless he can get the Giants gig in which case he'll figure out a way to get Gabby Johnson to fire him.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

After three years.

Adam Gase
    23-25

Sean Payton
    25-23

Tony Dungy
    24-24

Pete Carroll (with Seattle)
    25-23

Tom Coughlin
    25-23

Ron Rivera
    25-23

And then he went and got himself canned because he wasn't in on tanking a full season that'd get him fired anyways.

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

So following this line of thought....

If your roster is garbage, fans should ignore subpar coaching? Gotcha. Enlightening.

Someone should tell Gregg Williams to just mail it in. No use in overachieving with a bunch of scrubs.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Again. I don't know what he's doing that's so subpar. We have 5 wins with Harvey Langi, Maurice Canady, Kyron Brown, Trevon Wesco, Tom Compton, Daniel Brown, Vycint Smith and Luke Falk all starting games this year.

We are rotating our right tackle right now. I don't think I've ever really heard of that.

14. ColoradoContrails

The problem with this approach is that no coach will look to come here as long as we already have a coach.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Looks like they were both pissed off at the same thing:

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Gase: He blocked the wrong FUCKING guy.
    Sam: I know. Damnit I wish I had a pillow to punch.

17. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

What? Is Leonard Williams injured??

PabloJa and FJF like this.
  18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

looks like Gase haters are SOL AGAIN over something misconstrued...who knew?

FJF likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

No his successor is though. :mad:

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that we managed to lose to - not one but 2 hopeless, winless teams. Our 5 win season comes in a year where we had an extremely easy schedule. I think Buffalo is an incredibly average team yet they have managed 9 wins against virtually the same opponents as us.

But of course, your point on the injuries is valid.

PabloJa and NYJetsO12 like this.