Here is a sideline gem... Let's see what Sam thinks of Gase

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Dec 13, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t know if Sam is the kind of guy that would go to management and bury his coach. Especially not after giving him praise in public as much as he has. Our only hope might be the sexy name in Ron Rivera being too much for Chris Johnson to ignore.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Means we're stuck with Gase for better or worse if Sam says so... If Darnold was a 5 or 10 yr vet with a great resume, different conversation. If Chris Johnson wasn't the CEO, different outcome.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bold is exactly what I said when Gase was hired. Now we're looking at wasting ANOTHER year.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I wanted to tell Gase to fuck off too after he called a SECOND 4th and 1 with a roll out and only 1 option to pass to. This dipshit has to go, and Sam is the only way that happens.

#24 rockyusmc2003, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Jesus the panthers were successful in spite of him. They couldn't wait to get rid of his ass.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

PabloJa and rohirrim665 like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tell me this. Why would it be any different with any coach?

Whether Gase is a good coach or not is somewhat irrelevant to the situation when you look at the talent and injuries and can reasonably say that this season likely would've gone this way with most coaches.

So we're in the same position next year with a coach that has a slightly more fan-friendly personality and the thought is that there wouldn't be equal complaints about wanting to rid the coach as quickly as possible?

Does anyone think McCarthy or Rhule or Eric Bienemy would've lead a heroic turn around? If as suspected they did not, we're in the same position either way.

He ran it up the gut last week against the Dolphins on 4th and 1 as hammered by analysts and fans for not running the ball enough. It failed. This week, he runs a play action with fakes going in two directions and our twig of a receiver can't hall in the pass.

What would you have called?

zace and FJF like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nice to see Sam doesn't just blindly follow everything Gase says. The fans are frustrated with the playcalling, so it is nice to see the franchise QB is too, as he should be.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

You don't go to a Super Bowl 'in spite' of a coach. They were 17-2 and barely lost the SB.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Somebody should say something to darnold, he leaves points on the field every game. Not seeing open guys.

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He's an awful coach. He's literally been on the hot seat for like 5 seasons. One good run by an all world qb doesn't make him a good coach

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Eh,
    [​IMG]

zace likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

He's 13 games over .500 for his career. He has three division titles in a division with two Hall of Fame quarterbacks (Ryan's debatable but dominant in certain years). He's coached three different linebackers into absolute studs, offensive lineman, cornerbacks and reeled his erratic quarterback in to be an efficient passer in an offense that fits him.

He's a good coach. He's not Belichick, but he's a quality NFL coach for sure.

13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

What does last week have to do with this week? When you coach based on the previous week, you've already lost. Bell was having a very solid game last night, you don't take him off the field regardless if you're using him or not. The one time he did get called on a 3rd and 1, he muscled through for the first.

One of the plays was not even a full yard, man the hell up and sneak the ball with your QB. Tom Brady's old ass has been doing it successfully for nearly 20 years, I'm pretty sure Sam could manage that.

Gase is amazing at one thing, overcomplicating things.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

In a division that has the buc and falcons. Two of the most inconsistent teams in years.

Cam in his prime and a stout defense.

Any coach could have won with that set up. He's pretty much a TB clone in terms of how he preps and adjusts.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I Def agree with your thoughts here tho.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I say I actually wanted him, although he is LIGHTYEARS better than Gase.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He Def is not. I'm not saying Gase is great either.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Because the performance is indicative of the strengths and weaknesses of your team? The Ravens have one of the best nose tackles in football, with a HEAVY 8 man box and a real shitty offensive line.

I really dislike second guessing of play calling in terms of run/pass. I understand running it. And I understand passing it. I prefer QB's to have the ball in there hands in key conversion situations so I'm never against a pass but the quarterback needs to be aware he can run it as well (as long as it's not Eli or someone incapable).

3rd and 1 is also an entirely different play than 4th and 1 regardless of the yardage.

19. ColoradoContrails

You're mistaken. What all the injuries and shitty drafting for years have done is made a great smokescreen for Gase to hide behind. He has a built in, anquestionab;e excuse for failure.

And when you say that "most coaches" wouldn't have don any better, you're likely right...given that the term "most coaches" implies a mean average of coaching, in other words AVERAGE coaches. And I agree with that, except I have two problems then:

1. We shouldn't have settled for hiring some who's average.
    2. We were told that Gase was far from average, that he's a QB Whisperer, and offensive genius.

But because the Johnsons are clueless they didn't realize that #2 was wrong, and they wound up with at best an average HC (and I'm being generous).

Despite my disagreements with you on this, I do respect your knowledge and opinions...except when you resort to using straw man arguments to try and make your point:

"Does anyone think McCarthy or Rhule or Eric Bienemy would've lead a heroic turn around?"

Who has said this? I certainly haven't. No, what most people here have said is that a GOOD HC would've done better. And as long as we retain Gase, we will not have a good HC.

For the record, I don't fault him for going for t 4th and 1 instead of taking the FG. There was a blatantly missed PI on that.

20. ColoradoContrails

True. I "liked" your post because of that, BUT he's 22 years old and in his 2nd season on a shitty team.

NYJetsO12 likes this.