Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed. Belichick, the greatest HC in NFL history held them to 37.

FJF likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

True. Harbaugh and Tomlin probably would've went 3-1 with Luke Falk and this roster.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Tomlin is 9-5 bouncing between a combo of Mason Rudolph and Devlin fuckin Hodges. I think he would have done a whole lot more than Gase did

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tomlin is a great HC. That's why he isn't available.

alleycat9, Acad23 and ouchy like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

They also have two DPOY candidates on their defense, and a fully healthy roster outside of that, which includes a very good offensive line.

We have Neville Hewitt and will finish the season allowing near 60 sacks.

94Abraham likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

Fully healthy outside of that? Juju hasn’t played in a month and Conner has played once since October. That’s their two best offensive players. And that’s on top of their starting QB being out since week 2.

Edit: and they still rank higher than the Jets offensively. Gase is awful. He always has been. I don’t know why people continue to fight it.

alleycat9 and Acad23 like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

I didn’t suggest we go hire him. I’m pointing out how Tomlin made chicken salad out of chicken shit while some Jets fans want to just keep eating spoonfuls of the chicken shit Gase served up with Sam out.

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Amen. Notice that Tomlin is not a guy who is proclaimed as an offensive or defensive "genius," isn't tied to "my system," and may not be "where football is going." He's just a solid coach who is able get full use out of the players he's dealt (133-71-1 lifetime record).

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Conner was averaging 3.8 yards per carry, Benny Snell is averaging 4.0, while Jaylen Samuel has ten more catches on three more games in split duty.

JuJu lost them the Ravens game btw. They've allowed 22 sacks, they're 6th in the league in points against, 5th in yards and first in turnovers forced.

I mean c'mon now. You can't compare the garbage we're throwing out there all over the field to what the Steelers have. Everything is not just always a coaching disparity.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Jets should've stayed away from bell and drafted Snell instead. the Bell acquisition has been a gutter ball and Snell looks like a real hambone. Coulda used the big savings on bolstering this atrocious offensive line

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Steelers have good players across the board. The Jets don't. Their head coach has options that ours doesn't. Tomlin isn't putting in place a new system and culture with shitty personal at the point of attack.

The Jets and Steelers are NFL franchises there is nothing else remotely similar that helps make your point.

94Abraham likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

We're not a big fan of extremely productive college players. We much prefer one year wonders ala Quinnen Williams, Jachai Polite.

Stephen Hill and his 40 career catches over Alshon Jeffery. Mark Sanchez.

Just looked it up too. Trevon Wesco - 26 catches his senior year. Only year he started. In a spread offense. "blocking tightend." We took him a pick before Snell who had over 4,000 yards from scrimmage in the SEC in three years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

On the plus side Jeff Smith emerged last night. Could be a cheap replacement for Robbie. He has that rare combination of blazing speed and lack of concentration that the Jets seem to love.

Acad23 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

used to work with a Jeff Smith. he was a decent welder but sure liked his booze

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jeff-smith?id=3219534d-4939-1928-583c-e849e5b9954f

Looks like a winner to me. "Atrocious hands."

16. BroadwayAaron

All I’m saying is “they were healthy” is incorrect. They weren’t at all. They were missing their starting QB, WR1 and RB1. Do you think those other guys were able to are up because they were diamonds in the rough? Maybe. But the Steelers under Tomlin have defined “next man up” and at least half of that is because they have a good head coach.

Why do you keep responding to things I’m not actually saying?

17. Jonathan_Vilma

But would you tend to agree that having a completely healthy offensive line and defense is a much better situation than our patchwork bullshit with Connor McDermott and Tom Compton Manning the right side at times and having Jordan Jenkins as our best active defender?

It's a lot easier when the next man up isn't signed off the street every other week. Their defense is intact. Their offensive line is intact. That's a lot more than we can say.

Did you know we've started guys named Kyron Brown, Maurice Canady and Harvey Langi in the secondary? Jeff Smith at receiver? Trevon Wesco and Vycint Smith?

I mean most of us have never heard of these dudes. I know I didn't.

Mogriffjr and 94Abraham like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

In response to the question by Vilma: "Who cares if a coach is a dick and no one likes him?" This is why. It's okay to be a dick, as long as you own your end of the shit. but when you don't, and you blame the players, it causes resentment and then is causes rebellion. Maybe not open, public rebellion, but it will happen in the way the players play.

Gase is a dead coach walking, but unfortunately we're going to have to watch walk for at least another season because the Johnsons are clueless.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also, if a guy like Belichick acts like a dick, the players are okay with it because they know Belichick really is the smartest guy in the room and it's a privilege to play for him. But when Gase acts like dick, people get sick of him very quickly.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

gase was so absolutely lucky to have the schedule he has had this year. nfc east 17-35, cleveland 6-7, jacksonville 4-9, oakland 6-7, cinci 1-12

add in miami at 3-10 and thats a season that should be 10-6 at least. imagine if we had played the nfc west sheesh. this is really a brutal time for the jets. no faith in the head coach, no faith in the front office outside of joe douglas who the jury is still out on as we havent really seen him do anything yet.

and sadly we will see gase march back out there this coming year, will probably see him work with douglas to gut the roster of guys that arent gase type guys and we will be continuing to rebuild until they get rid of him. then we will rinse and repeat.

i can remember saying that rex couldnt get it done and that i had realized he couldnt get it done and the franchise needed to move on (which was correct :) but i never realized just how completely inept of ownership we have to make such horrible decisions over and over and over again.