Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I might just stop watching this team until they fire Gase....Ive lost all hope...I may not watch another Jets game for years to come

alleycat9 and Noam like this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

he was 8-5 a couple years ago with gase when tehy made playoffs but he got hurt...its not like he didnt have success with Gase..just sayin

94Abraham and FJF like this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Right now I am thinking his ceiling will be similar to Stafford.
    If you take a look at Matt’s early years he struggled quite a bit,
    He steadily improved but never for any one to seriously think of him as one of the elites or a guy who can deliver the team to the promised land.

While I would love him to turn out like Stafford, I also dread that he will turn out like Stafford.

4. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

IM ROOTING FOR TANEHIL!!! Because Adam Gase hindered his career and his growth. Now look at him in Tennessee.

Adam Gase is shit

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He's playing behind arguably the best offensive line in the league. He's near the top at time he has in the pocket. They also have Henry who's been great as of late.

NYJFOREVER, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lol. The ol' root against everything Gase just so I can say I'm right.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He better keep running like a train. He screwed me in fantasy playoffs last year, but now he's been carrying my team. He owes me one.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Tennessee is ranked dead last in pass protection through 14 weeks (per football outsiders). They have allowed 49 sacks which is ranked 30th in the league and have an adjusted sack rate of 11.8% which is ranked dead last. They do have a top 7 ranked OL in regards to the run game, but this stigma that their pass pro is great is false.

alleycat9 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he aint being asked to throw it much. before last week he was completing only like 15 passes a game. last week was the raiders, who Sam Darnold and Adam Gase also lit the fuck up so who cares.

Tannehill playing like he's always played. good when he can be a game manager with a running game, but not well enough when he can't be a game manager type

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter how many passes he's completing a game when he's averaging 10 yards per attempt and 74% completion. He's playing great football right now, if he did this over the course of 16 games he'd be the MVP

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If we keep it close in Baltimore tonight we can give the Coaching staff credit where its due..but Ravens are at home and destroy their opponents on road as well

Lol just got back Monday afternoon from Towson (N Balt) after seeing my Dr at Johns Hopkins..drive back was horrendous in rain fog wind plus going over Chesapeake Bay Bridge was no fun

12. BrowningNagle

yeah well duh, but he can't do it over 16 games

if Sam Darnold played like he played against the Raiders for 16 games he'd be MVP as well.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Look at the scope of the games too. The Titans cause a loooot of timely turnovers for short fields. They scored two touchdowns in 8 seconds when they had a 70 yard Henry TD run, followed by a kickoff fumble and another Henry touchdown.

Tannehill looks good, but he looks a lot better because of his situation. 18 total touchdowns to 8 turnovers is only slightly above his career numbers.

FJF, J-Raw24 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Tannehills numbers with Gase:

13-11, 4,974 yards, 36 passing touchdowns, 21 interceptions, 65.9% completion percentage.

I mean is he playing a bit better? Yeah. Is it groundbreaking? No.

FJF likes this.
  15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree. It's not a huge jump. He's better but he's not a top 10 QB . I think the only argument to be had is that Gase helped tear down the team that went to the playoffs his first year as HC. Then he helped build the team that couldn't ein gaves the following 2 years.

Coaches have a say in drafting and FA signing. It's been reported that Gase had his hand in it more so than normal. But the argument Tannehill is better without Gase has to be team based, not on Tannehill being some amazing talent. He has a talented roster around him.

That said I hope Douglas isn't relying on Gase as he's not shown great ability to build a team. They need to work together yes. But Douglas has to bring in good talent, he's the talent evaluator, not Gase.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

There wasn't some massive tear down. The Dolphins were in cap hell in 2017 and 2018. They moved Landry, Ajayi (win) and cut Pouncey. They filled who they believed was Landry's replacements in Parker and signed Stills and Amendola.

I think Mike Pouncey is likely the only big regret there. Outside of that, the roster didn't turnover a ton. It's not like they had much room to maneuver in free agency.

They either had to pay Landry or deal him. They didn't feel he was worth the money so they got a couple picks for him. He'll finish with similar numbers this year as he did to year one with Gase, with a much better offense.

17. BrowningNagle

pouncey has issues. he asked the dolphins to release him, they had no choice. Around that same time he was seen at his best friend murderer Aaron Hernandez's funeral walking with a cane.

guy's all busted up..... mourning a murderer.... and then asks to be released. shit thats an easy decision that any GM would make

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Manish is out for blood this morning -

alleycat9, NYJFOREVER and J-Raw24 like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

there's no way that's true. The first part, the Ravens not being impressed with Gase could be but no NFL head coach hires an offensive coordinator reluctantly because a lower level assistant pleads with him for family reasons

some soap opera trash there

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In the unlikely event Manish isn't making this up, there's one guy in the Jets organization who was with the Ravens and Bears at that time...