Should the Jets cheat too?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Speaking of molesting kids, I don't think it was right what happened to James Geoghan in prison - the same prison where Aaron Hernandez hung himself, btw - but I didn't cry, either. One of many who Law moved around like a chess piece but with human lives being destroyed as a consequence. Geoghan got prison, Law got an apartment in Vatican City. Like I always say, shit rolls down hill and there had to be a sacrificial lamb somewhere for show . . . except not from the guy who should have prostrated himself and begged God's forgiveness instead of willingly going to live The Life of Riley. What a POS hypocrite. All Law did was sacrifice his ambition for the Papacy. People like Law think just because they apologize to some other guy with a tricked out outfit on and say sorry to the air that fixes it for them because of their belief system. What a coward.

2. jetophile

I don't know how to speak Latin, so Vulgar Latin, a/k/a, Italian, will have to do: ho beccato barare. Eh. sounds kind of holy.

3. jetophile

How did you manage to post that seeing as you destroyed your phone? Oh, you got a new one. Right.

K'OB likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We'd fuck up cheating.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You will have to enlighten me on the phone destroying part my dear?

I have got a new phone though, so that part is quite freaky :D:D:D

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

IMO 2 wrongs dont make a Right..plus Karmas a bitch..so I say no cheating, no doping etc

Of course, in the real world people cheat professionally, maritally etc and use PEDs (Russia recently was banned from sporting events).. ...WHY they have to cheat is the big question and all people are error prone and make mistakes from age 11 to 98 >>>>Prince Phillip almost killed a Mom and her kid in an auto accident

That said , HOF Coach aside if Bellichek is at it again he should be severely punished,,,apparently sustaining 3 loses this year is tainting the Legacy!??

Curious>>>If Bellichek had not said no to parcells and L Hess and continued as HC of the Jets, and we somehow drafted Brady etc etc plus Cheating/Video/ Deflating Footballs BUT with multiple SBs would Jet fans now be so outraged???

(You must pretend you are going to Confession lol when replying here and be honest)

#46 NYJetsO12, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We'd send Dowell to film our opponents and he'd leave the lens cap on.

NYJFOREVER, donkey, Acad23 and 5 others like this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That's f'n hilarious....LOL

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen more of a beta than Dowell Loggains?

10. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I mean, why not? Trump has his buddy Guliani acting without congressional approval to gather intel behind the scenes,
    Belichick has his buddy Ernie Adams doing the same thing (does he even have an official title?) so it seems to be the
    secret to success.

Ron

11. jetophile

Tom Cheat destroyed his phone during the Deflategate investigation rather than turn it over like he was instructed to do. I wouldn't have done it, either; but it wouldn't be because there were incriminating text messages on it.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I will try to address all your post replies in this one post if you don't mind.

1. You said "Did Father Healy also shuffle pedophiles around from parish to parish and not call law enforcement while he was at it?"
    Lumping Father Healy with the pedophilia is not fair. You don't even know of him, and he is a bad person because he is a priest?

2. As to Immaculate Conception, most Catholics are ignorant of their own faith and don't realize that Immaculate Conception means Mary herself was conceived immaculately. So they should be the last person to tell you how to live your life. You see you are not the only one that has a problem with the Church. Catholicism is actually a very complex religion and most of its followers a pretty much clueless. This is because the Church thinks that the common person is to dumb to learn it.

3. As to watching the documentary Deliver Us From Evil' (2006) I suggest you watch "Holy Watergate" if you get a chance also.

4. I am sorry your time at Catholic school sucked, but it was probably better than going to the shitty public school system we have today.

5. I am not the correct person to be defending the Catholic faith because I may be excommunicated at any moment. I call myself a Catholic because this is the way I have been brought up and have yet to discover a religion that is any better. Perhaps I am a deist would be a more accurate description. I don't think this is the forum to be discussing theology since it is a Jets forum. Besides, I doubt very much either one of us can sway each other differently in this area. I do sense a lot of hostility in your posts whether it be the Patriots or the Catholic church. All I can suggest to you is life is not so black and white. As to the Catholic church, it has definitely done some evil things throughout history, but it also has done some good things throughout history also. I am not sure if you a familiar with Thomas Aquinas for example who was a great philosopher. There are other good examples I could bring up, but I believe you smart enough to find them yourself. Look into how the Christian church actually started, Mystery religions, paganism, and Constantine himself. Look into Giuseppe Garibaldi and the history with the church. Look into Jesuits, Canon Law, Calendars, and the Orthodox faith.

As to the Patriots, I hope you are not one of the dumb-dumbs that think the only reason they win is that they cheat. I find it ironic how people can say the Patriots are the only team that cheats. In a previous post, I was trying to illustrate that there are different levels of cheating. I was hoping that the readers like you would realize we all do some form of cheating in our everyday lives. I think the problem today is there is no honor anymore. If you try to be an honest person and follow a straight line, you are considered nieve and a chump. Maybe honor really never existed and is nothing more than a make-believe world which we will never achieve.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Comparing the world we live in and the very nuanced ethical challenges we may face in our day to day business is not the same thing as cheating in a sporting competition where there is a score with a winner and loser where the rules are clear.

In this case the Patriot team is partners with 32 other teams to put on a fair competition. They all share revenue and rules of engagement. The Patriots as an organization have institutionalized the art of getting an edge beyond the rules of the NFL and the other 31 teams for the sole purpose of winning a competition on the field of play.

Only a dumb dumb would think that the Pats aren't cheating to get an edge. Only a dumb dumb would think the Pats would be as successful as they are if they didn't cheat. If that were true they obviously wouldn't cheat.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, I am a simple soul forgive me :D:D

15. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

The only fans in the nfl that don't realize the patriots cheat to win are patriot fans. Imagine that.

Leicester Jet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I think it is important that we define cheating properly.

If you were to argue that the Patriots are the best team in the NFL when it comes to cheating, I could see your argument. But I would argue there are some good runner-ups. But if you are suggesting that no other entity team or players cheat, then I disagree with you 100%.

Let's start with the players for now because teams are more elaborate in their cheating.

PED is an obvious way of cheating. If you seriously believe this is not a widespread problem, then you need to drink some more coffee.

The one-handed catches we see often now with sports gloves being worn isn't a clue something is up? I will not bother mentioning glue and stickim.

When a player takes a dive, flops, or tries to dramatize for the benefit of a call this isn't cheating?

Then there is the "scuba call" where are player pretends to be hurt to gain the defense a rest.

As for teams, there are so many examples I could write a book. My favorite one is the Bills who would create a wind tunnel in their stadium by opening certain doors in the stadium.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

In other words, "everybody does it"?

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That's not my argument. My argument is the Pats are systematically cheating to gain an edge and rig a fair competition in their favor. If they didn't think it increased their chances to win they wouldn't do it.

Your arguing cheating is okay because everyone does it. You use examples of individual players trying to get an edge to defend systematic cheating at the organizational level. Not the same thing at all.

There are references to something called the "Patriot way" to describe a way of doing business that has created winning for over a decade now. This isn't about players flopping to get a little rest or wearing gloves to get a small edge. They are rigging the game. It's no longer a fair competition. It's no longer really sport.

Did you know the entire country Russia has been banned from the olympics. Lance Armstrong who was a national hero is an international disgrace. Some very rich hollywood families are facing prison time for buying their kids into college, etc., etc., etc.

I hate to personally attack you but the sad reality is you don't even have the decency to just STFU. You're actually defending the systematic destruction of sports based on fair competition. I grew up loving sports and never looked at losing as something that was horrible or personal. You go out and compete. You win or lose based on who's better that day. When that reality is exploited and fair competition becomes a myth there is no sport or NFL football. It's all just a pile of shit.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The best part of this is that the Patriots do all of this as well, and then they also tack on filming opposing teams signals, spying on practices, deflating balls, and in the case of the 2001 Super Bowl just somehow acquired the entire call sheet. Don't forget the phantom headset issues at Gillette for twenty years.

I just can't believe you try to relay the advances in football glove technology (that is accepted and available to every player in the league) to filming opposing teams signals.

Leicester Jet and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The silver lining of our poor record is that it speaks to our integrity.

Acad23 likes this.