2019 NFL Week 15: New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens (Thursday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I believe we are going to win this game on Thursday night!

jilozzo likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Garrit Cole signing takes a little of the sting off this one

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yanno, I was think the Ravens just might be looking past the Jets tomorrow nite..

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  5. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Sadly, we still are going to get embarrassed tomorrow night. I wonder if we score an opening drive field goal and then stall out.

43 -6 ravens..

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

It's an overnight game for me... I'll wake up Friday morning to a Jets defeat and a Tory victory.

Hell's teeth, I'll need whisky in my tea to get me going on Friday. Bloody depressing.

Brook! likes this.
  7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

No Adams, no Q, no Powell, no Poole, no Griffin, no Thomas.. = NO CHANCE..

They aren't winning this but I do think the Jets will score 12-15pts and hold the Ravens under 40 and possibly under 30. A one legged Jackson and an injured Andrews should mean they won't be lighting up the scoreboard. The question is without Q can the Jets run D contain Ingram. If so they could keep this close enough to beat the spread. If the spread bleeds towards 17pts I make actually look to make a bet for the first time in about 25 years on the Jets.

Savatage likes this.
  8. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I'm with No Fly Zone, there's no chance we win this. At full-strength it would be a stretch.
    Ravens 38
    Jets 13

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For sure. The real key is keeping that front side end from crashing down/from having to crash down. If you can stop the dive without creating a massive cut back seam. We don't have an end that's a good enough athlete to split the difference. They have to just keep Jackson inside of them if he keeps it and let the flowing defenders make the stop.

You can only afford that luxury if you can stop the dive with 5 players on a light six man box or six with a seven man box.

I'm more concerned with the scrambling. I really think this is the game Williams unleashes the blitz. Force Jackson to win with his arm in the pocket. He still can, but wait for him to do so before you step off the gas. It's really our only chance.

J-Raw24 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

One day we will be set for a game on Nat TV where the Jets won't look like an inept dumpster fire..

24 hours away ugh

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Thatat's one way to put it... :confused:

12. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I hope the game is entertaining.

We will get blown out by the Ravens.

Hope Gase throws in some trickery to keep it lively.

I know twicks are for kids but...

Brook! likes this.
  13. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Not predicting, just hoping the OL gives Sam a decent chance. We shall see.

FJF likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Money post x 10000000. If Ingram doesn’t get chunks early and often I think it’ll be closer than most people think. It’s been 14 weeks already and no one has done it, but we also have one of the better run defenses in the league.

I’m super interested in seeing how Gregg schemes up the defense this week. We have absolutely no talent on that side of the ball so hopefully they follow their assignments put in place.

On offense, hope the OL gives Sam time and lets him get time to carve them up. Sam needs to perform on national TV tonight.

Side Note — how many ghost references do we hear tonight? Anyway we can get that as a vBet tonight @Brook! ? Over / Under 2.5

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thank god there are hockey games tonight

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Certainly a buzzsaw facing the jets. We'll get to see just how far the jets have to go.
    Good for you.....

IMO we get toasted, again, in the spotlight.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Lack of talent can sometimes mean sound gap football though, as weird as that sounds. No one doing their own thing. Superstars tend to roam. Lesser talent has to do their job. It's the way the Cheaters in New England coach their defense.

I think this game will be closer than everyone thinks with a late Ravens breakaway.

We'll know pretty quickly if we have a shot. When the Ravens have killed teams it was an early onslaught.

dawinner127 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm very interested to see how Williams decides to attack the Ravens offense. If I'm not mistaken, he hasn't been dialing up the blitz in the 2nd half of the season as much as he did in the first half, which could possibly throw the Ravens for a loop.

The Jets D has been the best in the league at stopping the run, only 2.8 YPC allowed and has only allowed 2 runs of 20+ yard runs, one of them was Fitzpatrick. A run defense like that is disciplined and sticks to gap responsibilities, but the Jets haven't faced anyone that uses an option run game.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm actually LOL'ing at work right now. At 8:21 this morning, I texted someone saying the exact same thing you just did about how a role player will probably follow assignments better than a superstar or guaranteed starter. It doesn't sound weird - It's more likely than not IMO. The back up player or role player knows that if he wants to stay on the field, he needs to do what is asked from the CS and Not try to play hero ball.

Random question (off topic and you don't have to answer if you don't want), but did you Coach or play? You give good insight about Xs & Os. Good stuff.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I played in high school and called the defense. I would like to coach but it's not easy to break away from your job to go coach football for three hours a day lol.

HomeoftheJets and dawinner127 like this.