Jordan Jenkins with 7 sacks on the season.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Dec 8, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Could end up with double digit sacks and also as a really good edge setter against the run overall he's performing and deserves a contract extension from our Jets.

He's out performed his former 1st round teammate from Georgia in which everyone hyped about coming out in Leonard Floyd but I remember creating a thread how they had almost identical college #s and that Jordan Jenkins was the real sleeper while the other lots of hype.

Lock Jordan Jenkins up. He can smell out the run with double digit sack potential and pair him alongside of another pass rushing OLB within the form of a stud pass rusher and we'll have a pass rush.

amuck57, IIMeanDeanII, nycarl and 2 others like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

He's a solid player for the Jets, one of the few hits the team has made in the third round. Quality edge setter in the run and has a high motor when rushing the passer. He would pair well opposite a legit edge rusher, Jenkins should be locked up at the end of the season.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You mean all we need is a stud pass rusher and we'll have a pass rush? How come I never thought of that?

faree, JetsNation06, FJF and 2 others like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's better when you have a stud OLB with an OLB in Jordan Jenkins who's proving to be a real asset opposite of him. With Q up front and Jamal Adams coming from the outside we can have a serious pass rush (for once) and Jordan Jenkins should be a part of that.

amuck57 and mrjet80 like this.
  5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I’ve commented in other posts about the value of Jenkins. And yes adding a stud OLB on his opposite side whether it’s a high draft pick or a FA will only improve Jenkins’s performance and value. Which is why the Jets are already working on his extension as I’ve read in several reports.

#5 mrjet80, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I’m okay as long as it’s reasonable. Just seems like when this team rewards their own players, they either get hurt or underperform after signing the new deal.

7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

in only 11 games too. he missed 2 games with an injury. 7 matches his carer high which was a 16 game season

8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Reminds me a lot of Brian Thomas, without the 1st round price tag. Solid player, good well-rounded player but shouldn´t break the bank over him.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yep. Bryan Thomas once Mangini turned him into a 3-4 linebacker and Calvin Pace. Good edge setter and motor. Won't generate a huge pass rusher by himself but he'll get some sacks and play good run defense.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jordan Jenkins will get every coverage sack available .

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's not a true edge rusher in any sense. Still a solid player and run stuffer. However pass rush is still a HUGE void on this team until it gets addressed.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It won’t happen but imagine Chase Young on the opposite side of Jenkins ...

JetsNation06 likes this.
  13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Or Josh Allen. :(

JetsNation06, mrjet80 and FJF like this.
  14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I really like Jenkins. As many others have suggested, please don't break the bank on him and for the love of Christ find someone who can do what Josh Allen does to place opposite Jenkins.

amuck57 likes this.
  15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

we've had good luck drafting LBs from Georgia in the 3d round (e.g., Mo Lewis too)

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love Jenkins. Coming into the season I predicted him to have more sacks than any Jets defender. I wanted Josh Allen too, but if we ever do get lucky with a pure freakishly athletic quick strong and powerful OLB of a pass rusher? We will all then love the Quinnen Williams pick if as advertised out of Bama because he'll improve and help that (hopeful) pass rusher a lot moving forward. I'm disappointed we didn't land Allen but I'm happy we landed Q if makes any sense.

Jordan Jenkins has 10-12 sack ability. Pair him alongside of a freak OLB both behind Quinnen Williams and we'll have 20-25-30 sack ability out of our OLBs Jordan is a must keep he's going to record 10 sacks this year I feel 2 on Jackson tonight.

17. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I thought that both Revis and Trumaine Johnson just didn't TRY VERY HARD after they signed the guaranteed big money deals. They played like they didn't want to get hurt, knowing the money was guaranteed no matter how hard they played. I have always thought it wiser to offer the big money guarantee on a player's SECOND contract (e.g. Kevin Mawae), not the third contract or more when players know it IS their final (and guaranteed) contract.

18. 94Abraham

Jordan a complete no show tonight. 2 penalties and can’t get any pressure on Lamar if his life depended on it.

19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

As Jets fans were too used to settling for avg players and hoping they over perform. We need to get some real studs in here that can change a game by themselves

20. 94Abraham

I’ve never been impressed with Jenkins. If you need a coverage sack, he’s your guy but the guy isn’t anything special and we should set our standards higher and not settle for average players like him unless there is no other choice.