Lets go Bowling everybody!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 9, 2019.

1. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Okay, I read through 2 1/2 pages of this thread, time to cut to the chase. I live too far away to have a finger on the pulse, and we don't get the games on the tube out here, so I've seen only 2 games. But I'm going to give it a shot. Keep in mind back before he as signed, I said Bell was a me-first guy and not a good fit for a young rebuilding team.

Okay, the O-line is weak, not good at run blocking. But I think Gase didn't really want Bell, and has not put in an offensive scheme to use him to his utmost. Face it, it's a passing league and Gase knows the future of the Jets is Darnold, not Bell. It's looking like he was signed to sell tickets, not run the ball. Darnold's development has been good enough that they're not going to suddenly turn to Bell.

So, now Bell has finally had enough. He's a grown man and knows what he's doing, and so with the juvenile orange pants bowling stunt, he's obviously trolling Gase, and by extension Douglas. I think he also knows by now what a shit show the Jets are above Douglas and he wants out. Maybe he thinks he wants to go to NE - but they need other things more than him, and after the AB debacle, they're likely not interested. And NYJ wouldn't send him there anyway. So it was a poor decision to sign him, and now it's all proving that out.

How am I doing?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I see your point, but if you look at the articles and media coverage, they are going down pretty hard on him.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't care.

His absence was addition by subtraction IMO.

A+ effort but his production has absolutely sucked @ss here.

4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Oh, brother! At least the jets record has not dulled your sense of humor!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

I WANT TO BELIEVE... now Powell is sick ... I live in nyc and everyone is sick (including myself) maybe this is real...

Sadly, we still are going to get embarrassed tomorrow night. I wonder if we score an opening drive field goal and then stall out.

43 -6 ravens..

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

eh IDK i'm no doctor but anytime i'm sick I always try and stay moving and get better pretty quick.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Frank Isola was on the radio this morning just killing it. He said the bottom line is that players play sick all the time. if Bell wanted to play he could've, and if he's bowling he could've played. "Walter Payton would never have skipped a game like that"

Bell's response was perhaps even more embarrassing. he can't understand why that would be a problem and jokes around about his bowling score. seriously bro. this is a guy who clearly doesn't give a shit about his team anymore

isola nailed it too saying that if anything people (the media) are taking it easy on Bell. 20 years ago he would've been raked over the coals for this

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not like he has some long history as a team first guy either. I'll be shocked if he's on the 2020 opening day roster. I'd imagine they'll even eye up a third rounder for him.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The doctors sent him home because he was contagious. No matter what you think another player would have done, there is no arguing once the drs shut someone down.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

so he heads right to the lanes for some beers...

11. FJF

Contagious doesn’t mean he is bed ridden. And there are no reports of him drinking, that’s speculation.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

exactly, he wasn't bed ridden. that's Isola's point. there are guys playing football every week that are sick/hurt and not bed ridden

13. FJF

That’s the drs call though. They sent him home for the health of the rest of the team. If your contagious they are not going to play around. With the flu I believe it’s24-48 hours after your fever breaks

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Even if you want to argue said points about it not being that big of a deal, in the world we live in, he didn't think it'd be a bad look when he was inevitably spotted and it was reported?

And then jokes around about it when asked, when his coach is clearly pissed. Especially in your least productive year ever by far.

15. BrowningNagle

I think he's trying to get himself traded after the season without actually demanding a trade.

16. FJF

He is not in the wrong. I could not careless about the optics. I wonder if gase is even pissed at bell for being out or kissed that he actually has to talk about this. This is too page 6 and not the backpage news.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

If Bell gets his first 100 yard rushing tonight, all will be forgiven and we should make him go bowling every Saturday night

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he had friends and family fly in to see him play. then was told by doctors he can't play. so he took them out bowling instead. u want him to lay in bed and tell his family and friends thanks for coming now go home?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

20. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't see why staying home the night before you're sitting out a game is such an outrageous concept for people. Especially with an illness.

You're sitting out because you need rest to recover not because you can't put pressure on your ankle.

It just doesn't seem like a bizarre concept for him to stay home even if it's merely for optics.