Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

fwiw i do not think the QB has improved this year......i would put it in the flat category.....but i am not ready to crucify him because the circumstances to allow improvement have not been there all season due to a multitude of factors.

its a damn shame because the jets can roll out every excuse in the book but their QB is on the proverbial contract clock and next year is year #3. All of us need to see consistent franchise QB level play next year regardless of the non-sense around him.

at this point i think its a 50/50 shot he is the QB of this team for his second pro contract. why??. Because i have zero faith in this franchise and their ability to create a stable/consistent coaching and administrative environment for a top pick, especially a QB.

we'll see!

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ryan Tannehill sure has improved ;)

Acad23 and Noam like this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think he has consistently shown the potential to be the franchise qb. He obviously needs a team around him and a coach that for sure knows how to game plan. But he has shown he can play at a high level. Every good qb needs protection and a decent weapon. Montana had Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, and other. Brady had Gronk, Moss, Sebastian Volmer. Peyton had Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne , Marvin Harrison. But Sam has no big help atm and his line provides him nothing.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Even though its been minimal, Sam has still improved in every category this year vs last. IMO (not saying you specifically when I say this) are too hung up on the one game vs New England and are allowing that to drown out everything he has done to improve this year. Over his last 5 games he is playing at the same level he did over the last four games last year.

FJF, SOJAZ and jilozzo like this.
  5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

"Over his last 5 games he is playing at the same level he did over the last four games last year"

So i guess you are saying his performance kinda flat!! ;)

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If he plays like how did over the last four games last year for the rest of his career then we can pencil the Jets in for at least one SB in his career.

MoWilkBeast, FJF, Noam and 2 others like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

Sam has no big help? How about the kid has NO help. Take him away and this team won’t score an touchdown in the next 3 games.

Noam, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Over the last 4-5 weeks he's ranked 3-5. He was the number 1 ranked QB over those final 4 weeks. Kind of hard to improve upon that.

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I get AG will be here next year and man is that depressing, Some of his play calling is absolutely stupid like 4th and 1 with the fish stack to stop the run up the middle, so what does he call.. run up the middle. I mean he is situational stupid at times.... its surreal watching him call plys, sulk when his plays do not work and then go diagram more plays... if it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

Anyway, Sam has gotten better and that is what is important.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If anything, the pressure will be on Gase to at least contend for a WC spot next year with an improved OL and (hopefully) skill position players.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and dawinner127 like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We can only hope!

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

will say one thing about this game for Gase. IF he can manage to keep this game competitive, it will go a long way to at least prove that maybe he has some potential to be better than we've seen so far this year.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sam's problem is consistency. He's a bad for two, good for four, bad for one, good for one, and so on kind of QB right now.

The things he's proven he can do though are encouraging and the things he's not doing well can be added to his game.

14. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Most of his bad games he's running for his life. He has no open receivers. No chance to dump the ball.. he tries to avoid with his legs but after getting hammered over and over he starts making mistakes... bad mistakes. If he gets good play calling and the oline give him time he can play really well. Yes he needs to develop but he needs other pieces as well

#2834 J-Raw24, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

It's not just games, it's halves and even quarters. He'll look great for a couple of series and then flat for the rest of the game. It's not all on him of course and sometimes the game situation means run the ball a lot and that seems to take him out of rhythm too.

16. NYJFOREVER

Inconsistent offensive line coupled with an inconsistent head coach and play caller = inconsistent QB play.

The inconsistent OL is more problematic than Gase to be honest, if the Jets can shore that up in the offseason then they will be much more competitive in 2020.

FJF likes this.
  17. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

You can’t convince me this dude doesn’t bang his sister and cousins

[​IMG]

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sam has bad teammates and coaching. But he's also faced the easiest schedule of any QB in the league, so it isn't like his opponents are that much better than his teammates. Which means his numbers may not improve in 2020, and unless he actually plays better the next three weeks, things are going to get ugly.

alleycat9 likes this.
  19. NYJFOREVER

It's very difficult for one person to overcome terrible coaching. Bill Belichick was quoted as saying good players can't overcome bad coaching, which in almost every case is true. If the gameplan sucks and players aren't put in the right position, they won't succeed.

I'm just hoping Sam comes out and plays respectable football, right now the Jets just are not built to compete with Baltimore.

Here's the quote if you want.

20. faree

faree Member

Its a treat reading jonathan_vilmas posts. Like a lifeboat made of logically sound and linguistically elegant reason, in a shit-stormy sea of the opposite.