Lets go Bowling everybody!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 9, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I really can't stand the Jets beat at this point.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

what a dumbass Bell is

disrespectful to his organization and teammates. And they said he was there until 1 AM. If you are at a bowling alley at 1 AM you are definitely drinking

#22 BrowningNagle, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    LarryAlRalph and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This ranks very high on the Whogivesashit scale

4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I can't really get too worked up by this. The guy was ill, ruled out of the game already and told to stay away from the facility because he might be contagious. What's he done that's so wrong - other than wearing orange leather pants which probably should be fineable.

NY Jets68, Ralebird and FJF like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

even if you get over the fact that he was supposed to be sick with the flu and he's out drinking at a bowling alley, its disrespectful to his teammates.

the team is 4-8 and there are guys on that team sick, hurt, needing surgery, etc. still getting themselves ready to play the next day. And the most high profile veteran on the team is out drinking and skipping the game. That's how you create a losing environment / expectation

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah it's just a bad look for him. Doesn't seem like he had the flu all too bad. He has a failed drug test and a season long holdout from a team that desperately needed him on his resume as well.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Why is it that when I read this the first thing that popped into my head was "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"?

jetophile, Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Gase did step up. He got Mac fired. The rumor was that Gase and Mac got into it over the Bell signing. Gase apparently was not on the side of throwing money at him. The Jets are 1 and 0 since Bell was sent home by Gase.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

So this is what we are doing now? What a total non story and whoever is getting worked up over this needs their heads examined. This is why we don't deserve nice things.

10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

All Bell did was put a click-bait bullseye on his forehead. How did Bell think that this would escape notice? I mean, orange leather pants aren't exactly inconspicuous. If you pull a stunt in this day and age, you have to realize you're probably going to get caught and become fodder for the tabloids for the next week. Ultimately, it's embarrassing to Bell and the Jets but probably nothing more. I'm sure we'll get stories saying this was a big fuck you from Bell to Gase and the Jets, or that this signals a breakdown in team discipline. If the Jets trade Bell this off-season, maybe they can hold his going-away party at Boonton Lanes.

True story. Back in the early '90s, the Giants held training camp at Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) in Madison (right across the street from what is now the Jets training complex). It was a big deal because we had never before had a pro sports team training locally, and fans flocked to FDU to watch Simms, LT etc. A co-worker of mine decided to call in sick so he could go watch training camp. Unfortunately, he picked a day when the local newspaper had several photographers there to do a big spread on the hub-bub around training camp. The next day, my co-worker came back to work, only to find the boss waiting for him with fire coming out of his nostrils. Above the fold on page 1 of the local paper was a huge color photo of the fans watching practice with my co-worker front and center. Ouch. He got suspended for a week, and to this day, we still bust his balls about it.

#30 Since1969, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the orange pants were the only ones that had a holster in the waist band.

Since1969 likes this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Its not the best optic ever, but Leveon has been a consummate professional all season. He was already ruled out, and by all accounts, he may not have been drinking. Kudos to him for being able to stay out until 1AM with the flu, I wouldnt be able to.

He'll probably be traded soon anyway lol

FJF likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So he is sent home for being contagious, probably sleeps all day, wakes up feeling ok but can’t go back to sleep, calls the crew to hit the bowling alley. I’m having a hard time feigning outrage over this one.
    The orange leather pants though, fireable offense , no warnings, no write ups.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Man, don't be upset because you thought you were the only one with orange leather pants.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It is upsetting. They told me it was one of a kind.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

What is the fucking obsession with tattling on our players when they aren't on the field? I've seen a few takes on Twitter:

- It's a non-issue, yet not the best of looks by Bell
    - Why is the Post practically spying on our players (first Sam at Bounce now this) this season?
    - Some people believe the Post narrative is put out by the Jets themselves so that they can try to make Bell look bad in the light to the fan base should they want to trade him in the offseason.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

A lot of people are believing the bolded. How did Costello get the report? You think some schmuck at the lanes called Costello and said, "Man do I got a story for you?" Costello has ALWAYS been ProGase and Jets more than any other reporter.

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean it's not that big of a deal. they don't want him to give the whole team flu. so they didn't want him here. he went bowling which doesn't hurt the team. bowling isn't a physical sport. there is a big difference in bowling and playing football. who cares if he went bowling on a Saturday night while having the flu?

NY Jets68 and Ralebird like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

A lot of beat reports are supported by organizations. This isn't an isolated situation. Jane Slater waits for Jerry Jones to feed her everything she writes. There's other instances. It's not like they make up this shit out of the blue.

If we can get a second for Bell, it's a win. We can turn that pick around and draft his 7 year younger replacement, on a rookie deal.

We have done nothing successful in replenishing the runningback position through the draft in my lifetime. Curtis Martin, to Thomas Jones, to LT, to Forte to Ivory to Isaiah Crowell to now Bell. With some shitty Shonn Greene type players mixed in there.

Powell is the only quality backup calibre back that we've drafted that's stuck. There's been no starter quality. Probably because we haven't looked in the late 2nd, and 3rd and 4th rounds where everyone else gets their starting tailbacks.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines a little, Gase set him up. He knew Lev was feeling ok sat night and after all, Lev is a rich 27 year old man--should he stay home on sat night?

I think Gase is a manipulative asshole and want him fucking gone--hes toxic.