Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's what happens when you're the one team in the league that doesn't understand positional value. You're zigging when everyone else is zagging, but you're zigging off a cliff.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We've had this hole for almost 20 years now. It seems like I've been hearing about it every year.

Ever since they decided not to pay Abraham.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I've had a hole for 46 years. Some holes just need to go unplugged.

NYJFOREVER, FJF, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  4. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

DT Jeffery Simmons picked 19th is having a great rookie season for Tennessee playing only 7 games. He tore his ACL working out for the 2019 combine. Titans are 6-1 in those 7 games.
    7 games played ----- 26 total tackles ----- 2 sacks.

Q. Williams;
    11 games played ---- 24 total tackles ---- 1.5 sacks.

I know, - don't judge/compare the pick based on the not yet finished rookie season, - but damn - between him & Ed Oliver, I'm just not feeling the overwhelming feeling of having had the 3rd overall pick in the entire draft. This along w/the fact that we didnt have a 2nd round pick...............& we released our 3rd rounder before the 1st game..................& the other 3rd rounder is a little underwhelming..............

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean we got mangold for abraham so it was still a good trade TBH and back then ellis was beasting too. not as an edge rusher but still as a 3-4 DE pass rusher

6. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I like Quinnen Williams, I think he will be a valuable part of the team. That said for the right amount of draft picks, I would be willing to trade him. What do you all think we could get for him? A CB and a second rounder? As the season goes on do you think his value will increase or decrease?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Everything is better built through the draft. They only know how to play in your system, they have roots with the franchise and feel slightly more homage to the team that made them a multi-millionaire. Their kids are in school there, they own a house there.

And sure they'll leave in a heart beat for more money. But if the franchise is willing to pony up to keep them AND sign the extension early? Their true market value isn't realized if they're locked up earlier than free agency because there's no bidding war.

With that being said. Offensive line is a lot easier to fill in a couple spots in free agency than most other positions. Duane Brown was an All-Pro last year. Andrew Whitworth and Jason Peters were late career All-Pros. 30+ year old second and third contract players.

We need a healthy blend of both. Mangold + Brick paired with free agents Faneca and Damien Woody and a developed Brandon Moore. We had our anchors but the free agents were equally important.

8. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Heres to hoping this guy picks up another Faneca and Woody and somehow manages to avoid the next Osemele or Spencer Long who even though they seemed like they should have didn't exactly work out smashingly here the last two seasons.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Apparently Quinnen was injured at Cinn and re-aggravated it against Miami. My worry is that he is going to struggle to stay healthy.

That aside, going by his last two games you can feel he is getting ready to break out. His push has been amazing and requires a double team to stop. He is too raw once he gets in the backfield though. Gotta practice shedding the block and hitting the QB. But you can feel it. If he stays healthy he is getting ready to start dominating.

I have a lot of hope for QW going forward.

LAJet likes this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm not sure if I missed it from another thread, but I just read that Quinnen Williams was arrested for trying to board a plane with an unlicensed gun in early March . . . ? Then I saw something else that the gun was licensed. Then I saw yet something else that his Court date keeps getting postponed because of COVID-19. On second thought, I HAD to have missed this. Can someone please tell me what's going on? Thanks.

11. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Williams owns a gun that is properly licensed in Alabama. He attempted to check it at a NYC airport, LaGuardia I think, when taking a flight. He did not realize how strict NYC gun laws are, and though it was correctly licensed. The gun was not loaded. This is actually something that happens to people hundreds of times per year in LaGuardia and JFK, as people are able to fly from certain states/cities with their firearms. NYC laws are more strict than most.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thank you. It didn't sound like he did anything egregious at all, but of course the first report I read was like he robbed a friggin' bank or something. Or worse, pulled a Damien Robinson. I just found this, which of course is always a barrel of laughs reading every year. o_O

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

It sounds like it was a somewhat honest mistake to make, he just didn't do his due diligence beforehand. The thing that never makes any sense to me is for instance the old man. He has a pistol permit concealed carry legal in I forget how many States including Utah. So let's say he drives from NY to GA, and he's legal in GA; but because he drove through NJ, where he wouldn't be legal, he's in trouble if he gets pulled over in GA because he went through NJ? o_Oo_Oo_O I feel like I'm champ's long lost cousin twice removed. Guns laws are 0/0 for bringing the VLT to the NYJs! o_O

Oh, wait, nevermind, he just chimed in in the background. You would have to notify NJ first that you plan on traveling through on XYZ date, but usually what people do is say screw it and drive through PA instead, lol. Also if he made it to Georgia and got pulled over he wouldn't get in trouble for what I prevoiusly asked. He would, however, get in trouble for bringing a gun into one of the five boroughs, so yet still another o_O.

13. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Yes it’s an innocent mistake by all accounts. Any legal repercussions will likely minimal, and I doubt a suspension will occur.

Royal Tee, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.