NY Jets 2020 draft thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Sep 17, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I started watching film on Tee Higgins and man can that guy play. Maybe we can move down, snag an OL and Higgins.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I like Lamb, he has terrific hands. Higgins is awesome too, I just like Lamb slightly more. IMO, it looks like the Jet's will be addressing OT or WR with their first pick from the possibilities. If we can't get Lamb, Higgins would be a good choice around the 10 to 12 range. I'm not a Jeudy fan and like his teammate, Devonta Smith, a possibility at the top of Rd 3, with the G-men's pick. Justin Jefferson from LSU could be option in Rd 2, he's a play maker.....if we take O-line in Rd1.

Everything depends on FA, I'm certain we will get at least one O-lineman in FA. I absolutely would love Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma, he's a starter from day one. The problem he's a reach in the top 10 and won't last to the early mid 2nd round. Trading down to the late teens or early 20's draft Creed and pick up another 2nd rounder would be ideal.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I haven't really honed in on what coverages team play against him and it's tough to gauge anyways as most of the Big 12 is rush 3 drop 8 in zone coverages anyways.

I don't see Lamb in the same light as Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins where you're going to run him on deep outs, stops, flies and throw him 50/50 balls. He has to be used like an Antonio Brown, Golden Tate, Keenan Allen kind of players. Move them around, send them across the field. Receiver screens, stops against cover 3, crossing routes, slants, drags, etc.

He's just an incredible playmaker after he gets the ball in his hands and I think he can become a more refined receiver because he has quick feet, he just hasn't been asked to do so.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

FWIW, Walter Football has us taking Jackson in round 1. Taking him with a top 10 pick might not be a reach.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Walter football is also the only ones having jackson go in the top 20.

#285 J-Raw24, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Austin Jackson's sudden rep has been helped in large part by new USC OC Graham Harrell replacing Tee Martin and installing a 21st century air-raid type attack (read: stand up OL). While mobile for his size, Jackson can't plant, root or finish blocks - he's a dancing bear lacking the beast-mode strength of other LTs in this class.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

The air-raid anything but receiver worries me. I wasn't overly impressed with Jackson when I watched them play but I also didn't see him challenged all too much vs. UCLA and Cal.

joe and J-Raw24 like this.
  8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

True, the LOS that game looked like half Big-12 shootout / half cocktail party.

Speaking of UCLA (and a HC who better start getting his act in gear) Chippy's Bruins ain't exactly looking like they have their 'Ducks' in order.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Off-topic but coaches like that have got to be absolutely kicking themselves when they mess up a good thing. Chip should've kept going and been a God at Oregon before he made the move.

It's what makes me think Lincoln Riley might stick around Oklahoma for longer than expected. Become a College HOF coach first.

joe likes this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yep. To quote Pink Floyd: careful with that resignation 'Eugene' . . . : )

11. J-Raw24

Chip is a great college coach. At Oregon he could have really competed for a title. Probably wouldn't have won but he had a good thing . When he came to the NFL he wasn't bad until they gave him part of the GM job.

The part that made no sense to me though is most college coaches do recruiting and basically that part of the GM job. He is just reall good at it on the college level. He stinks at NFL.

That all said there are many reason people like Saban will never come to the NFL. Pay, Total control of the team, and the challenge level if opponents. Almost makes you fear getting a college coach in his first NFL job.

12. In college youre just loading up on as many prime athletes as you can at every position. Usually 4-5 at a time.If acouple dont work out youre likely OK.

In the NFL youre lucky to sign/draft one maybe 2 guys per position.The talent level is much higher & the margin for error is much smaller.

NCJetsfan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  13. J-Raw24

Yeah. Makes things way easuer. Just have to control scholarships.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

As a Clemson alumnus, I can promise you Tee Higgins will be in that same category as Hopkins, Mike Williams, etc. he’s a can’t miss prospect and had just broken their records.

I would 100% trade back a few spots for him to then address OL with that extra pick and rd 2. If not, think Wirfs will be our guy (assuming Thomas is drafted)

still really high on Alton Robinson

J-Raw24 likes this.
  15. J-Raw24

I agree with the trade back and Higgins. I'm not high on Wirfs. But after watching Higgins for several years now I think he's a sure fire thing. He just a beast.

16. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

He’s as good as they come. I think the secret may get out on him this playoffs and I think you will find out a ton on him when Okuduh matches up vs him.

Higgins has the style of play like AJ Green and Nuke Hopkins. He’s that good. Some background on him was he was a lifelong Basketball player and is a natural jumper. True athlete. We may just end up taking him outright but rather pair him with Robby And Crowder then Jeudy with Robby and Crowder

17. J-Raw24

I totally agree. He can basically almost guarantee any 1v1 50/50 ball. His hands are great. He isn't easy to tackle. He could stand to polish his routes a little but he's still good with that. I hope we get him. I like him better than Jeudy. I think Lamb is the only one in his class. But if we can trade back and get this beast and a OT or center then I'm in. Kids got a lot of talent.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. J-Raw24

I think now we are in a good position to weasel our way into a good trade back. I could see a few teams wanting to move up a lot... Oakland and Jacksonville would be nice since both have multiple 1st. So would a few teams picking at the top of the 2nd. With Oaklands picks we could end up with Higgins and Adams.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If we land 2 OL, Higgins, and Robinson, I'd be thrilled.

20. J-Raw24

I think we could easily get 2 ol and higgins. Adams and Humphrey would be nice. Maybe even a 3rd OL if becton drops.