WTF ESPN?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GQMartin, Dec 8, 2019.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Whole way home from airport I thought we lost and was pissed!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's their new rating of Total Box Score. It's a proprietary formula that nobody is allowed to know.

J-Raw24, NYJFOREVER, FJF and 2 others like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Funny thing was I was watching on a stream and then I saw this message. At that moment Gase decided to kill clock all while the commentater was like "The Jets should get 5-6 more yards here". So I'm already thinking damn that cost the Jets smh. Then I see the kick and I'm like wtf...still thinking maybe there was a penalty or something but nope lol

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I hope you picked up DeWayne Washington for Jacobs....

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

That team earned a playoff bye

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not only ESPN. NFL.com showed that we had lost as well, 21-19.

GQMartin likes this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Haha, what? It's a conspiracy! I was on break from work and when the score crept to Jets 16, Dolphins 15, I could feel the chunks rising. I had to go back and the score was Dolphins 18, Jets 16 with 4 something left. It graduated to chest pains. I was glad I had to leave.

I texted my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, right as I was getting in the car to drive home later on: "Please don't tell me the Jets blew it." I hadn't heard back just yet and dared to flick on the radio bracing for the damage. I heard Ian Eagle on the replay still not knowing the result. I'm so glad I missed it live. I would have lost my fukking mind that it came down to that in the first place. 22-21 Jets, they're so lucky because I would've gone on a shooting spree. Rubber bullets, but that's beside the point. I hate the Jets.

8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

ESPN is garbage.

9. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

#9 Ptflea2, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Brook! and Greenday4537 like this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"You've got to watch the games" --nyjunc

Brook! and Peebag like this.
  11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I cannot blame Cimini this was one of the least impressive wins we have had in a long time. Our defense gave up 7 scores and our offense despite very little pressure really struggled. This was arguably Sam's 2nd worst game of the year and his worst game since the NE when you consider the time he had to throw. The stats look good for Sam but it was a very up and down performance. I have a hard time getting excited about this win. We need to play a whole lot better on Thursday.

12. Ptflea2

I wasn't cheering up a storm about the win either and Cimini's point is probably pretty accurate. But with a headline like that, it's almost like he had a whole article ready to go ripping the Jets with another embarrassing loss. However ugly, Jets still found a way. Rich is like "Too bad, I'm just as jaded as this fan base so I'll rip 'em anyway."

Noam likes this.
  13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Looked like a total Jets game right up until the end. I'm waiting for Ficken to miss the kick so I can go punch a wall and then it goes in...

"Frickin' Ficken" I'm thinking as the Jets lose... Wait, did that just get through the uprights? It must have gone wide high because the officials have their arms straight up?

I am not sold on Gase at all but he did beat the Fins at the last minute with Darnold not playing all that well and all the injuries, and well frick it, I'm still in.

14. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Maybe that’s what the score was supposed to be?

#thenflisrigged

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Unless things have changed drastically in the Journalism business headlines are written by headline writers or editors who do so based on the amount of space available. The writer of the story doesn't write the headlines.

BTW, I agree 100% with the headline; what do you think?

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Might as well not play Baltimore since it's such a shoe in that the Jets will get their asses kicked.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

9-0 and a healthier roster is a lot better than 54-0 and several more players injured and out for the rest of the season. ;):p

18. Ptflea2

I think with print that's still the case, but unless one guy does the headlines for all the beat writers covering ESPN, my guess with all the cuts they've made over the years with that company and that department, Cimini does it. But sure, I could be wrong.