2019 NFL Week 14: New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 5, 2019.

1. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Just watch Bilal lead the ground & pound offense tomorrow with stats of like 145 yds, 2 rushing TD, 1 pass TD, 1,000 carries, 9.2 y/c or some absurd shit.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed. Beyond needing to get a quarterback prospect, tanking is inexcusable. And there better be some damn good quarterback prospects it you are rooting for your team to lose.

Not to mention NFL teams can never really ask their players to tank. Too much injury risk by going half assed and the average career is what? 3 years at best? Players can't afford to put out bad film when they're already in a league with no guaranteed money for the small time special teams players.

You can miss a couple three pointers on purpose and it is what it is. You can break your neck if you're messing around going 75% on the football field.

Winning culture all the way.

Pepsiguy5, FJF, stinkyB and 1 other person like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Provided it's a real winning culture and not a garbage time mirage. We've see way too many of those over the years.

PabloJa likes this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We’ve had high picks for the last damn near ten years and continue to have high picks every year because we haven’t drafted well. If Joe D is all he is cracked up to be he will draft well whether he is at 5 in the draft or he is at 9.

Besides it’s not very often the best players from the drafts are coming with the higher picks anyway. Josh Jacobs is going to be the rookie of the year, he was picked in the 20s.

FJF likes this.
  5. Attackett

I see your SF and raise you a Buffalo Bills. 49ers QB was out all year also.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The laugh bowl is about to begin. Can't wait..

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

well.... I had plans (because I had available help from a friend) to replace an exterior entry door to my house today.... but it looks like it's going to rain. I guess Im watching the turd bowl after all.

mute likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Let me ask you guys a question = a friend is going with some kids today to the game but he is looking for one of Woodys damn Parking passes ---> do any of the lots allow you to pay at the gate with cash ? I think there is one but I believe Woody Johnson made that a hassle also. Let me know guys if there is a lot to park in where cash is king

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I believe the Lots by the Izod center still allow entry with cash. $40 was last I heard. Tell your friend to buy Yellow from Stubhub.

CBG likes this.
  10. Brook!

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will pass it along thanks Brook

Brook! likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Has Fireman Ed been at these games or is he back into seclusion ?

13. Brook!

He is back. He is now sitting at the Commissioners Club section. $700 per pop tickets.
    Don’t think he is paying though.

J-Raw24 and CBG like this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook it is MY OPINION that he stopped paying a long time ago but thats again just my opinion.

15. Brook!

By the way, at some point you, me, fjf, cman, matt robinson 17 has to tailgate before a Jets game right?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook at some point I can see us all hooking up somewhere but I cannot envision it ever being at a Jet game. It has been years since I attended a game and I believe it would take an act of God or the Johnsons either selling the team or handing everything over to a competent football man for me to ever set foot in that warehouse for anything other than a concert. Have fun today.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Gonna be an interesting day. That said lets go Sam and Austin. As long as they do well today is a win even if the Jets lose.

18. J-Raw24

There are high picks that are worth more. Its a gamble. Basically betting their jobs on it. But this draft is all over a highly talented draft. I think there are going to be blue chip players picked in the 3rd round. More picks = more blue chip. As long as Douglas picks right in all those pick we could be stacked and it all be on Gases shoulders. It won't be a 100% fix but I could definitely see us get 2 oline, a wr, a tier 2 cb, and a tier 2 pass rusher. By tier 2 I'm not meaning Von Miller but a step down is way better than what we have had since Abraham

19. J-Raw24

I never understood the draw to him some people had. He didn't start the chant. He had an interesting story, but wasn't ever really a thing like the freaks in Oakland. Just a fireman. But I guess he was in the right place at the right time and got some publicity because of it. Anyway I hope win or lose you all have a good time at the game.

Brook! likes this.
  20. Attackett

I’ve said this a number of times and it’s true. It’s often times easier to trade down in the bottom part of the top 10-top 15 than it is in the 3-5 range. The only time you’re trading down in the top 3-5 is if there is a stud QB available and usually if there is they are going top 2. Otherwise teams don’t usually want to pay the cost of getting into the top 5. In the 8 range teams start to see their target slipping and it isn’t as costly to go get him.

Trading down is a great option, if that is the goal more opportunities will come being in the 8-10 range than the 3-5 range.

Either way we only get out of this mess if Joe D can draft, if he can he will get players throughout the draft at any spot. If he can’t? Well then, draft position don’t mean a damn thing and we’re fucked for foreseeable future.

Squish the Phish!!

FJF and J-Raw24 like this.