NY Jets 2020 draft thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Sep 17, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is why I talks about trading down and still getting Higgins and/or a few others. I think Higgins will be a stud in his own right. Plus the extra pick or picks will sweeten the deal. I agree completely both strategies work or fail depending on the players/picks. Its depends on the deal and the players.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we can trade down, get extra picks and get Higgins that should be awesome. I like Higgins a lot, and like his height especially, but Lamb is so dynamic. IMO he's a "can't miss" prospect, while there is doubt regarding Higgins in my mind. He doesn't break tackles like Lamb, doesn't look as fast, or as aggressive. Higgins looks a little softer to me.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

I can't believe that OK let Baylor come back with two long passes. SMH

J-Raw24 likes this.
  4. J-Raw24

OK defense is just letting it happen. They have never been a great defense though. The offense is usually the best part.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The one thing I take away from watching Andrew Thomas is he is one BIG man.

I think I’d be pretty satisfied with CeeDee Lamb at 8-10

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'll reiterate. 2 OL, 1 WR, and 1 CB or Edge is all I ask for. A RB would be nice too.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. J-Raw24

I agree. But we have to count on FA signings for all that. Not enougb picks to fill it all with blue chip players.

8. CotcheryFan

Which is why I want Douglas to acquire more picks, whether it involves trading a player or moving down.

NCJetsfan, Jonathan_Vilma and J-Raw24 like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Joe Burrow is the real deal. Calm under pressure can scramble and create, goes through progressions, checks down when he needs to. He's going to be a good pro assuming the Bengals commit to building around him and don't do typical Bengals things. They did a good job putting talent around Dalton so this isn't necessarily the 90s + 2000s Bengals organization, but we'll see.

I also don't think Fromm is anywhere near a pro quarterback. He'll be a journey man backup at best IMO.

blackssmagic, NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  10. J-Raw24

Yeah, Burrow is legit. One of the most sure fire picks I've seen in a while if he's getting help from the organization. Tonight he just lit it up. They need a lot of help elsewhere but he has to be the pick for sure.

11. NCJetsfan

I definitely would too, but J-Raw24 has a point. If we could trade down to around 12-15 adding another 2nd and 3rd round pick, get Higgins with our #1 and then be able to add another WR like Justin Jefferson or Michael Pittman, that might be better than Lamb alone. With the additional picks we could still add 2 OL, a CB, and Edge.

NYJFOREVER and J-Raw24 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

Great catch by Higgins, but man that guy is skinny. He'll need to add some muscle/weight in the NFL.

13. J-Raw24

He's 6'4 216lbs. Lol a little weight wouldn't hurt also I want to see him smash the cbs a bit more

14. J-Raw24

Higgins showed how good he is. 9 catches 182 yards, 3 td... he ran over several defensive backs. The kid's just good.

blackssmagic and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. Another OL i like for either RT or guard is Jake Curhan of Cal should he declare.

REALLY quick out of the blocks w a violent set of hands,thick build,long arms,natural leverage..good not great feet which is why he plays RT..his other skillls allow him to compensate in pass pro. He reminds me ALOT of John Runyan..if his feet get him trouble out in space he’ll be even better kicked inside at guard

J-Raw24 likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

Think he will declare? Gonna have to check him out. Don't watch much Cal football. I did get a better look at Becton and I think you're right. If he can control his weight he could be a great pick up , especially if he falls to the 3rd or 4th

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Was reading up on CeeDee Lamb. Anyone ever see him dominate against man coverages?

https://www.normantranscript.com/sp...cle_7df5cc60-1d14-5928-a057-b8e58fe5260e.html

That intrigues me. I can't wait to see him play LSU. I'm expecting a decent performance from him

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's less refined than Jeudy and not as much of a deep threat, but he's easily the best player in the draft after the catch. His 60 yard play against Baylor is a good example of that. He ran a two yard stop and made several players miss while pinned to the sideline.

It's also tough to say how he is/isn't on deep balls as he doesn't get much run on them since Hurts doesn't throw down field.

A dream scenario is to really sure up the offensive line in free agency and take him with confidence. If he can avoid injury (small frame) he's going to be great. Best word to describe him is slippery which allows him to avoid big hits too.

19. CotcheryFan

I think we can sign 2 FA OL, but that shouldn't stop us from addressing OL in the early rounds. We need guys who will be anchoring the OL for the next 5-10 years and FA's typically don't do that. This is why I hope Douglas remains open to trading Adams or even Q Williams in the offseason.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hmm I question drafting a WR that can't win in man coverage consistently, especially in a division with Gilmore, White and Howard. This WR class is crazy good. Guess we will have to wait for that LSU matchup.