Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

By the way... I think we found our "who will thrive elsewhere because Gase was too dumb to use him" candidate!

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2017 and 2018, he dealt with injuries and with Fitz this year, I think the QB trusts him a lot more to make plays. He wasn't playing well earlier this year and he's been healthy all year.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nothing speaks more to a coaches incompetence than the selection of the 5th receiver on the roster.

NYJFOREVER, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

I would like J-Raw and Ralebird to take note of this, as evidence to support an argument. Well done.

I think he definitely could've used and developed Parker better. He was in and out of the lineup every year, as well as had 5 quarterbacks in those three years.

I think a valid criticism of Gase is his use of outside receivers and scheming more plays into the 15-20 yard range.

He decoys them more than he involves them. But I think the strength of those Dolphins teams was Landry underneath with Stills over the top.

Parker's numbers are a biiiit inflated too with the worst running game in the league and the Dolphins playing from behind with the great flinger down there in Fitzpatrick. We don't have a receiver anything like Parker here so it's tough to compare.

5. BroadwayAaron

I would say he dealt with Gase more than injuries in 2018. He was a healthy scratch at one point. That means the coach thought there were 5 better receivers on the roster to play that weekend. If that doesn't scream "Gase had no clue how to use him", nothing does.

I was kidding. Although I did love me some preseason Dortch. Not sure he'd have been any better than Berrios though.

First off, thanks.

Second, I think you're spot on with that criticism of Gase and how he uses receivers. This goes back to the play we were going back and forth about the other day... he decoy'd half the receiving options on the field for a 3rd and 3 pass. The strength of ANY Gase team is going to be underneath and at the LOS. That's why guys like Landry and Wilson and now Crowder succeed. He relies on players making plays after the ball is caught (which is why his misuse of Bell is still baffling). And yes I used the numbers to make my point but I'll also admit there's two pretty big outliers there the last few weeks. Either way, it's the usage that is making a difference with Parker and that's on Gase IMO.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

only on TGG are Ryan Tannehill Kenyan Drake and Greg Dortch considered superstars

7. BrowningNagle

Parker couldn't catch a cold in Miami, i dont care who's coaching him if he cant catch the ball he's not going to be a good receiver. This year they are tanking so they throw it to him if he drops it or not. thats the only difference

Were not talking about Jerry Rice level production here anyway lol

8. Jonathan_Vilma

The issue is that we don't have an X receiver on this roster to point to misuse of. When we get one I think I'll be willing to form an opinion on it in this present situation with this quarterback.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

First, I don't need quotes and links if we've all seen the videos. You don't gain any points here by protesting the ridiculous unless you want to deny those statements everyone here saw and heard. And it wasn't just Osemele who Gase referred to in his references to the training room, it was "they", it was everyone who was injured..

And no, I don't know for certain that Gase was not in Darnold's face every day but the slightest bit of common sense should tell even you that if he was there would have been no story about Darnold finally getting fed up enough with getting steamrolled that he took the initiative himself. You are getting beyond ridiculous with this topic.

Don't tell me I made a whole lecture about assumptions when it was you who introduced assumptions into the discussion. I don't operate on assumptions, your mileage may vary. If you have a specific thing that I have presented as anything other than opinion that you believe is untrue just say so. Be specific, if you are capable of doing so.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2018 he was in and out of the lineup early, so if he's not healthy and he's ineffective is it possible there were 5 receivers that were ready to play? It's possible. I am not making excuses for Gase here, but the guy showcased his talent while Gase was there

11. BroadwayAaron

How does one manage to gauge a discussion so incorrectly?

12. BroadwayAaron

That's more than fair. But we CAN talk about Parker which is all I'm trying to do in this instance.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Your whole second fucking paragraph is based on an assumption you made. Jesus Christ. I'm done with this stupid debate. You verify nothing. You back your claims with zero evidence. And I'm still waiting for you to add something football to the board. And you refuse.

So that's it. Trap someone else in your semantics debate where you'll never provide a quote or link to support your claims.

FJF likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

dude, it was a just fluff article about Darnold. even the author would laugh at the assumption that Darnold is telling Gase what to do now

NYJFOREVER, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  15. No joke.We literally dont have an X receiver on the roster.

16. Ralebird

You mean like this?

2016 10-6
    2017 6-10
    2018 7-9
    2019 4-8

Done!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

yeah but how do we go out and get one after the year? I would rather not draft one in the 1st round given how bad this o-line is :(

18. Right now unless we’re picking top 5 or planning to trade down the way the board is stacking up its WR in round 1 & heavy OL on day 2.

19. Ralebird

Fine. If you refuse to invoke common sense and disregard well founded opinion as a baseless assumption there is no communication with you possible. Go on backing this loser. Then you can disappear again for a while when he finally gets the axe.

20. Ralebird

Actually there were two different articles by two different writers telling the same story; both were referenced on TGG. One corroborates the other. But you're right, anyone who has seen this season develop would laugh at the idea that anyone is telling Gase what to do. It's just Gase being Gase.