Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I don't think there are very many yet. I think Sam will be better with a better coach. But we lack a lot of talent. Hopefully we don't have a Devante Parker. He was great at Louisville then Gase couldn't seem to use him right. Now with Flores he looks like he should have

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think our Parker will be in this years draft. We’ll have someone that Gase has no idea what to do with and probably move on in 2021 once we hopefully move on from Gase.

3. J-Raw24

Well the good thing for Miami is they were smart enough to get Parker back cheap knowing Gase was the issue. And now he's playing very well. Hopefully we do the same.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

When are we going to fire this loser coach?

5. J-Raw24

Sometime next year at the earliest.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm not arguing semantics at all, I'm using your own words to show that your argument fails to prove your point. What could be more valuable than one's own eyes and ears when listening to unedited words right out of the mouth of Gase?

I absolutely question his leadership ability based on his own words in press conferences. Do you think he would make himself look worse by creating a false scenario because you think he has a problem with reporters? Do you think he believes the press conferences are an opportunity for him to compete with the press rather than inform the public? Is that why the Jets post them on their own website?

Once again, your tortured logic cannot support your claims. If you decry what you call "assumptions" made by news people why then would you use their assumptions to claim they were positive about Gase?

And I disagree with you that coaching style and leadership abilities are linked to personal character. Mother Teresa may have had the highest content of character in history but that would say nothing of her ability to lead a football team. I neither implied nor inferred differently. Character is something entirely different that only you has brought to the discussion, unnecessarily at that.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes. There are plenty of coaches that are extremely different to reporters and in press conferences than they are to the press. Some aren't. A lot are.

But I'm not arguing this bullshit with you because it has nothing to do with football. You question his leadership because he's a douchebag in press conferences and you was keep sighting these viable news sources that you provide no evidence of.

Bowles sucked with the press. So does Belichick. So does Bill O'Brien. So does Frank Reich. So does Doug Marrone and Mike Zimmer. Good coaches, bad coaches. It really has no reflection of how they act with the press.

I wasn't claiming it was positive about Gase because it supported any point I made. I was claiming that the piece cited about Darnold bursting in his office WAS positive about Gase when you brought it up as a negative.

Again. Responding to things without realizing the context of my replies. If isolated away from what something was replied to, of course it has a much different meaning.

And once again I'll ask. What don't you like about Gase's schemes? Do you have examples? Do you ever discuss football and X's and O's and personnel? Or are you strictly here to try to be right about Gase being a shitty coach?

Let's keep it to football, and not the nonsense that you turn debates into.

faree likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

How is having your QB burst into your office to tell you the plays you're running are garbage a positive on Gase. Most the reports I've read on it indicate the opposite. A QB in his second year should in no way have a better clue how to run an offense than a head coach in his 4th year with many other years as an OC or QB coach.

Actually its quite the opposite. This story in fact shows Gase is clueless and maybe Manning was running the offense for him in Denver. Since he has been trying to recreate that offense with no real luck.

I think it shows Gase thinks he can play the same offense minus important pieces. He fails to adjust to the tools he is given. Not that he is competent enough to run a top rate offense.

9. BroadwayAaron

Gase's resume at the coordinator level and above features TWO years where the offense he ran wasn't ranked in the bottom third of the league. Those two years included an HOF QB that made a career off changing plays at the line and an elite WR in his prime. How is this convo still going? He's pure garbage.

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  10. Ralebird

It's all football, even if you don't like it; no one is forcing you to participate in any topic with which you are not comfortable. At the top of the page it says "Adam Gase Thread (Merged,)" one component of that merge, which I believe was unnecessary, was the "Fire Adam Gase!" thread which is where my responses would be had there been no merger; it is there that my comments here began and will continue.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

This. Why would The Guru need a 22 year old kid to tell him what plays work best? All this “offensive genius” BS is based off of working with Peyton, who is his own OC.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

So it was stated that Adam Gase relentlessly told Darnold to take charge and do exactly what he eventually did. Tell him what he liked and didn't like.

Darnold, in working with his new boss and offense, obviously was yessing his both to death on liking everything they were doing. Until he took his coaches advice and decided to take hold of the offense and make it his own. You spin it as a negative because it fits what you think about the coach, when it was in fact a positive piece.

It's definitely on the coach to resolve game planning issues.Which is why I continue to ask you what you believe those deficiencies are given the pieces he is working with. And what do you would to resolve it. You're just waiting for the right time to discuss football strategy, right? The topics been brought up. Let's discuss. It's completely relevant to Adam Gase as he's responsible for the game plan, correct?

So the player in question, is Kelechi Osemele. A player who suddenly wanted to have surgery that the team felt he could wait until the off-season on, upon hearing that he was going to be benched. He had no problem with the lack of interaction from Gase, so I'm not sure why you do. He will likely file a grievance with the organization if he hasn't already. Did you want Gase to hold his hand and tell him it'd all be ok? And do so to a player that would be cut shortly, while possibly suing the organization?

It's no secret that Gase isn't running the snowflake factory that Rex and Bowles ran. There's no more bullshit. Because when you allow all of the bullshit and put on a smiling face with no discipline you end up with Jason Garrett and the Dallas Cowboys disaster.

NYJFOREVER, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Ralebird

I believe Gase should have been in Darnold's face every day to find out what was working and what wasn't if he couldn't see it live or on film, not waiting for a young player to initiate a discussion of the coaches incompetence. I'd add Bell, Powell, Anderson, Adams, Mayes, Mosely in as well and anybody else who could provide input that there apparently was no other way for Gase to get. I see no evidence that Gase did anything "relentlessly" in that regard. That's what coaches are supposed do; it's their job.

Osemele is not the "player in question" he was one very obvious example of Gase's complacency or disregard of those with injuries. It would not create a culture of snowflakes for the head coach to be a leader and stay involved with all his players, even those who might not be useful to him in any given week. It's not the coaches duty to be concerned with potential lawsuits as long as he has done nothing to precipitate them.

Somehow, with all the losing I don't view the Jets as a shining example of discipline; not the way they play the game, and what else is there by which to judge?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

And you know for sure that he wasn't in Darnold's face every day, right? Or are there more phantom reports that you'll allude to saying that he wasn't?

You also have no evidence that he hasn't. So you're drawing conclusions based on literally nothing. Can you show it to me? Am I missing it?

If not Osemele. Who else are you talking about in regards to injury?

There are things that you can argue against Gase. And I think he's far from perfect. But for someone who created a whole paragraph lecture about assumptions, you sure are assuming a lot of things about what's going on behind the scenes without ever showing any evidence to it. Where are these viable news sources?

If you're not going to provide quotes and links to back your claims, you're wasting your time.

FJF likes this.
  15. J-Raw24

There are no reports saying he was. Its one of the biggest media markets on the planet. There is nothing that alludes to Gase being competent anywhere.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

So we have to assume, that because the team has struggled with a horrible talent pool and the top two quarterbacks down for a month, that Adam Gase has limited interaction with the players?

Do you see the leaps that are being taken here?

He deserves criticism. He hasn't had a great season as the rest of this franchise has not either. But let's not just assume a bunch of nonsense based on phantom reports that no one wants to provide links to.

Part of Gase's biggest criticism in Miami from Jarvis Landry was not listening to his players input enough. So he listens to Darnold and his players more here and a piece comes out about it and he automatically sucks because of it?

It's just defying logic here.

NYJFOREVER, FJF and 94Abraham like this.
  17. J-Raw24

There is also the non adjustment reports, the bad game planning. Its almost lile he doesn't understand anything except shory pass. Tannehill had a high completion percentage but only threw 3-5 yards a pass.. Those things all add up. There is more negative than positive before he came here. No signs show it improving.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Parker thrived with Gase, but injuries on the team derailed his breakout year. I don't think Parker magically just got it because Gase left. Landry, I think he's the same player he was with Miami. His statistical output and play isn't all that much different. Tannehill, the guy is finally healthy and he did have a good year with Gase as well. Tannehill probably has the best supporting cast he's ever had.

IDK bout this one. Kenyan Drake isn't that much of a difference maker in Arizona.

FJF, Aero and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

Parker didn't thrive at all with Gase.

2016: 15 games, 56 rec, 744 yards, 4 TD
    2017: 13 games, 57 rec, 670 yards, 1 TD
    2018: 11 games, 24 rec, 309 yards, 1 TD

Those three seasons averaged out to 16 game seasons: 56 rec, 707 yards, 2 TD

His numbers this season averaged out to a 16 game season: 70 rec, 1138 yards, 8 TD

That's a pretty significant difference. I don't think Gase made Parker a worse player, I think Gase has absolutely no idea how to concoct an offense that plays to the strengths of his roster. And there's plenty of evidence to support that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Maybe he doesn’t call many long pass plays because he feels the like the line won’t hold up and he is protecting Darnold some? I think it’s more a product on the lack of Oline talent imo.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.