2019 NFL Week 14: New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 5, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman, I cannot believe this is where we are at. If you read the posts above this one and probably after this or read other threads we are now at the point where just seeing Darnold play well is a moral victory, man has the Jet satisfaction bar hit close to all time lows or what ? Are people really going to tell me that losing to the Dolphins again for a 2nd time in a season when the FISH are tanking won't be a big deal ? Most people had the Jets sweeping the fish in August and now we are happy if Sam shows up ? WOW the QB Whisperer Bullshit sure has been put in the shit can pretty quick what a difference 3 months makes ! Darnold does not have an excuse / mono any more folks so HE DAMN WELL BETTER PLAY WELL Sunday, that is what we should expect and NOT hope for. I am sort of hoping the Jets lose and I am talking about in a convincing fashion so I can see the loser owner come out and give Gase a public vote of confidence again. Just sell the team Clueless Twice !

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You can walk the dog when it's over.
    It's okay to be the only house in the neighborhood that still doesn't have their decorations up.
    Your family has plenty of stuff already; they don't need more material reminders that you care.
    You've gone a long time since your car was in the garage, it's waterproof, no need to make room for it now.
    The kids need to learn how to do their homework themselves.
    Beer.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope that Sam has a great game, but the Jets lose. If there's no heat on Gase already, losing twice to Miami should put some heat on him.

J-Raw24 and CBG like this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

NC I dont know about this as the Owner thinks Gase is the answer , hell the heat should be on Gase and never gone off of him = losing to the Dolphins once already along with the entire train wreck of a season add in the loss to the winless Bengals but no sweat the Johnsons and Gase have a plan ! I think the plan is to set the bar as low as possible

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am expecting high scoring affair.

both coaches go with couple 4th downs.

offense produces 2 key false starts on 3rd and short and have to punt .

Jets get 2 big play first downs only to get called back for holding or illegal use of hands

josh Adams has a solid rushing day.

Anderson gets TD and leaps up to stands realizes he s surrounded by Dolphin fans.

Miami wins on late FG 31-30

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fitz has the experience...Sam D was drafted in Rnd 1 has boatloads more talent...so yes I want to see a good game from him

Redux of last weekend..2 bad Teams fighting it out

If the difference is Coaching we all know the result

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

How in the fuck are we 5.5 point favorites that’s wild

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Dolphins moneyline is the bet...

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Jets secondary is a mess.

Austin and Maye are the starters that are healthy.

Looks like Maulet and Adams won't play. Poole has been ruled out.

Canady is questionable so he's iffy.

Roberts likely will start with Canady in slot if he's able. Or it will be Brown/Hairston.

Countess will start for Adams.

10. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

F... it.

I,m going. Gonna party with my tailgate team and knock back a few.

‘‘Tis the season to be jolly...right?

Chile con Carne with all the trimmings and some Striped Bass bites!

SQUISH DA FISH!

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

We should all pray for a showing similar to Cincy. Maybe TWO losses to Gase's former team will add to the "gotta fire him" side of the line.

NCJetsfan and CBG like this.
  12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I never hope for a Jets loss. But it wouldn't suprise me or hurt my feelings. As long as Sam doesn't look like garbage I'm happy.

13. NCJetsfan

I am. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by a Jets win. We all know that the Jets' roster isn't very good. They have something like 31-33 pending FAs. This team will be radically different within 2 seasons. There will be no momentum gained, and we have a lot to lose by winning. The more we win the greater the chances that we miss out on players like Thomas, Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Humphrey, Biadasz, and edge rusher we might want, and really good CB who could help us. We'd most likely also not be in position to be able to trade down for a number of picks. With this team needing talent, we need the best draft position we can get, so we can either get our choice of the best players in each round, or trade down in the first, get extra picks and be able to speed up the rebuild of the roster and be able to address more needs. It's not like we haven't lost to Miami or the Bills before. One more loss to each, isn't going to hurt anything except some feelings/pride. Any wins are meaningless. If Gase is as bad a HC as many here think, then it's definitely better that the Jets lose out. Maybe that will convince CJ that he was wrong to guarantee that Gase will be back next season or make him decide to give Gase a much shorter leash next season, and keep this from being another waste of 3-4 years.

#33 NCJetsfan, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wins are far more important than a couple spots in this draft. You tank when you need the QB, once you have the QB you start to establish a culture of winning, which of course needs wins to start establishing.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Pretty accurate. You overstated the attendance though.

16. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. The Jets aren't going to establish a winning culture with this roster. That will be established once they get a good OL and some playmakers. You're putting the cart before the horse. Where we're drafting now, and would with more wins, will more than likely prevent the Jets from being able to trade down, or get any of the OL, WRs, Edge Rushers or CBs that they want and can help this team. They'd have to settle for their 2nd or 3rd choice at positions of need, or worse, or would have to reach for players, or miss out entirely on positions of need.

We all know that once a run starts on a position in the draft, players fly off the board quickly. I don't want to miss out on key players now that we hopefully, finally have a competent GM. Mac wasted LOTS of opportunities. If we finish losing out, with the talent we could acquire in the draft, the team could be poised to be a playoff team next season and for the foreseeable future. If we win like you want, the team will be lucky to win 7-8 games next season and will probably stay mired in mediocrity because they'll be just good enough to miss out on the best players in each draft at the positions where the Jets have needs.

When teams turn their fortunes around quickly, it's because they are drafting in the top 5 or at least top 10 and are able to get the key players and positions they need addressed. When they're drafting in the teens, it's rare that they become a top team. Once a team makes it to the top, then they can draft in the teens or lower and remain successful, but they won't get there when they have little talent, drafting in the teens or lower.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tell that to San Francisco. :mad::mad::mad:

18. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

19. GreenFan15J

LB out?

What happens if Powell and Mac tear it up?

Woah conspiracy shit...

20. GreenFan15J

Sorry drinking.

I meant Monty

Brook! and J-Raw24 like this.