2019 NFL Week 14 - Around the league

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJFOREVER, Dec 5, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I wonder what his stats look
    Yeah , he's an overrated show boat. I remember him taking a surprise fall in the draft and hearing cowgirl fans bragging about the steal they got. But honestly I don't see it.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The NFC East is so bad.

3. J-Raw24

Dallas should in theory destroy everyone else in the division. But they can't find a way to make it work. On paper they are easily a top 10 team. Reminds me of the Philly eagles dream team. Anyone remember that?

4. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

How can a team -- even a poorly coached team -- be so much less than the sum of its parts. My god they made Trubisky look like Montana. And yet they'll probably still win the division and make the playoffs, because I have even less faith in the Eagles.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He won't get fired yet, but if they lose to the Eagles he could be out that night. I said it last Thursday when they lost to Buffalo, but holy shit, it's cray that a team that talented is so bad.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Dallas is in such a weird position right now. If any of the other teams in their division were above .500, Garrett would be fired right now. However they are in first place and essentially just need one win over Philly to host a playoff game....however everyone on that team knows Garrett is gone and I think the only thing that could possibly save Garrett would be to get to the NFC Championship game.

If im Jerry Jones, the next head coach is a no brainer IMO; Juan Rivera.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This guy? He might actually be able to offer up some serious motivational speeches at the very least

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Rivera_(wrongful_conviction)

In all seriousness though, I think Ron Rivera is a good fit. It seems like a Cupcake Camp in Dallas. A lot of guys doing their own thing, don't play well in elements, don't play well in the cold, can't beat good teams and are loaded with talent.

I just don't think that's a flashy Jerry Jones move like getting Lincoln Riley, even though I'm not sure Riley wants to make the move yet.

HomeoftheJets and J-Raw24 like this.
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

and who was that bear LB making plays out there that was on the jets last year?? LOL

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

How 'bout dem Cowboys!

10. J-Raw24

Kevin Pierre-Louis?

jilozzo likes this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Lesson of all this is you don't imply your firing the coach at the end of the season. You ether fire him or keep your mouth shut. Putting the HC in limbo tends to make the whole team go into limbo. And trust me - the HC doesn't care much about winning with the franchise anymore.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't see it.

13. WarriorRB28

Garrett doesn't look like the type to not care while he's on the job. He looks like a workaholic to me knows only one way to do his job.

That's the impression I get.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Would you work your hardest until the end if your boss told you you were being fired in a month and a half?

I don't think Garrett's necessarily given up, but it sure looks like his team has.

15. WarriorRB28

Yes.

I heard people hyping up this Dallas team before this season I didn't see it then I sure as heck don't see it now.

Jones better think twice, three times, four times 1,000 times before firing Garrett. With the Giants & Redskins looking for new coaches after the season he could create a very big problem for himself inside that division.

Prescott is what he is. He's been superbly coached by Garrett, he tries hard, gets the most out of what he has but he's a limited QB. If Jones thinks he's going to bring in any HC and get similar production out of Prescott he's mistaken I think. If he fires Garrett he better be ready to blow up that team.

16. WarriorRB28

I'm LMAO that Washington is still alive & kicking for a division title this late in the season. Too funny.

I gotta go with Philly out of that division because of their recent SB, the experience they have and last but not least Wentz at QB. I gotta believe they'll find a way to win that division.

17. J-Raw24

All the talent he has would make them a top 10 talent. The O line is great. Dak has been playing at a really high level, Zeke should be a top 5 rb
    I agree. They were over hyped. That said they have a solid team. I think Dak is over hyped but he has played well. The defense is very questionable and the Coaching is down right horrid.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm not a big "everything that goes wrong is the coaches fault" kind of fan. But sometimes coaches just run their courses with franchises and really can't get over the hump. Andy Reid in Philly is a good example even though I think he's a way better coach than Garrett.

I just don't think the team is responding to Garrett anymore. They have two good edge rushers, one good to great corner and two solid corners in Awuzie and Lewis. Jaylon Smith is a good (overhyped though) linebacker, and Vander Esch is incredible when healthy.

After Collins gets it this year they'll have four players on the offensive line that have been All-Pro selections, Amari Cooper, Zeke and good complimentary weapons.

And I can't understand why they're lining up in shotgun and running Zeke like they are like they have Peyton Manning engineering the offense. Dak is great in play action. They should put him under center and be letting Zeke run wild while throw it over the defenses heads. Instead they're running this spread game that hampers Zeke.

They also do not change what they do on defense whatsoever no matter what. The Bears moved up and down the field and they just sat in their Tampa 2 while they got carved up.

I dunno. The Cowboys looked unmotivated and uninterested in back to back weeks.

19. J-Raw24

Seriously, send us their Oline, pass rush, Vander Esch, and Zeke. Fact is they have probably more talent than any other team. They just can't put it sll together. That starts at the coach. But I agree it doesn't end there.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You should if your goal is to maximize your options after you're fired.

J-Raw24 likes this.