Quick Look at 2020:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Agreed, which is why I'd like an upgraded OL and a #1 WR.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Have to start somewhere.

KurtTheJetsFan and CotcheryFan like this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

True we need to upgrade the OL this year. And then evaluate. If Gase can't keep us at least in the hunt then we need to move on. Let Douglas pick his guy. We do need pass rush, cb1, wr1. We will also need some good late round roll players. We need to try and build a solid roster, which will yake a few years. But with OL we should at least be competitive if the coaching is there. I think resigning Ronbie for cheap, bring in OLing, and maybe look at some cb/wr in the draft and free agency would be huge. We will see in April what we get.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. FJF

Not sure Robbie is coming cheap.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. J-Raw24

Thanks for that post. Doubt anyone pays him that but I hope its not the Jets. I like Robbie. But he's not wr1 much less top tier wr. He is great for taking the top off but he can't catch a 50/50 ball. He is just now learning to run short-intermediate routes. Just not worth that money. Would make a great combo with a big receiver like Tee Higgins. But not for a top 10 price tag.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think Robbies pretty good at coming down with contested balls. The problem is he’s skinnier than chicks I dated in high school and gets muscled out of his routes before contested balls come his way

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

FJF is calling hornet on the second sentence by the way

twown and FJF like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Glad I'm not the only one here who's high on Higgins.

9. J-Raw24

Haha. Hopefully thats the only similarity to the chicks you dated in high school. Robbie would make an ugly girl. And flat chested to boot.

10. J-Raw24

I really like the Idea of trading back and he's supposed to be available around 15-20. I really like his size, and his speed is great for his size. He runs good routes and catches almost everything in his range. His range is pretty big too... I been watching Clemson closely for years and he's one if my favorite from there.

11. Without a grade A WR a great OL goes to waste.Its about OFFENSE not OL vs WR.

Jets69 and J-Raw24 like this.
  12. J-Raw24

Thats his job to figure out not mine. I don't claim to be an offensive guru. I just know he made a bad choice and that season was his fault. Most good teams try to have a good backup ready. Not last minute. See Cheatriot in the past, Pittsburg this year, Jacksonville this year, Tennessee this year, Saints this year. You don't run with backups you don't trust. Next man up. Thats the moto. Not oh well the season sucked because he wasn't prepared for an injury.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

A great OL doesn’t go to waste due to the absence of a top flight wide receiver.

K'OB likes this.
  14. I disagree. Its about having a COMPLETE offense..not fixating on OL.

A team needs dynamic weapons on the boundary just as much as a quality front 5.Football is about balance.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  15. FJF

Not disagreeing but a good o line helps an average receiving Corp more than a great receiving Corp helps an average o line. Build from the inside out.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. In general i agree but its not the be all end all.If you can build inside out & still get a Grade A WR in the process why turn away simply on principle?

Great WRs are harder to find than great OL & despite it being considered bible you can build outside in just as well if a team actually knows talent

CotcheryFan likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think we need a chains mover more than a dynamic threat to be honest. I love CeeDee Lamb although I'm torn if I think we should use a first round pick on a receiver.

If we don't, I hope we go the route of Michael Pittman. Big dude who can line up on 3rd and 6 and box out a corner on a slant for the first down. Teams can live without big time playmakers if they supplement with players that can move the chains, and rely on scheming the deep threat in.

And a guy that can make 50/50 catches. Right now we're missing that terribly.

18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Given the choice, would you swap the Jets OL for the Cowboys OL, or would you swap Robby Anderson for Mike Evans?

19. The Dallas OL bc thats 5 players rather than 1.

20. We basically need an X & a Y. A route runner who can move the chains from mutiple spots like youre saying & a boundary guy w a good catching radius who can win 50/50 balls & outmuscle defenders coming back to Darnold when he goes off schedule.. If theyre dynamic over the top or after the catch thats just gravy.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.