Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You're making assumptions about Gase's character and leadership style based on opinion based reports from beat reporters that already don't like him because he's not overly chummy.

And really have no way of knowing what he's like in the locker room, who he interacts with or how those interactions go.

Not to mention that the report of Darnold going to Gase was overly positive.

FJF likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

You keep arguing the fact that the coach isn't to blame and assuming I put all the blame on the coach.
    The statement I said was we have had several bad coaches. Its not hard to see that is completely true. Bowles was garbage. Rex was fun for a few years but honestly his "old school smash mouth football" wasn't going to last. Kotite.. well lets not even go into some of our coaches.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

You have to at least see that some of those reports have to be true. There wouldn't be so many posts if there wasn't a hint of truth. I agree media make up things but 3 years of failure and a lot of bad signs and reports don't just keep getting made up because one reporter dislikes Gase.

Also the reporters I read on the Darnold/Gase meeting wasn't in a positive light. It was about how Darnold had to go to Gase and get him to stop running some of his idiot plays and do what Darnold is good at. I agree there needs to be communication between QB and HC. But the head coach should be able to adjust to the qb and plan for him. That's why we have preseason and training camp. The first few games are excusable to get on the same page with the new system. But he should be making those adjustmemts himself.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I haven’t said the coach isn’t to blame. I said the coach isn’t getting fired because he isn’t just to blame. There are more to this than just good coach bad coach. Frankly I don’t know if gase is a good coach or a bad coach for the nyj. I know , so far he appears to be a good coach for Sam so that’s a check on the good side. I also know that he has had to use 3 qbs, 9 o lineman, 5 ilbs, 4 starting corners and. 3 different kickers. That’s enough for me to with hold any judgement because there are some serious problems that I don’t know any coach could have successfully navigated that and I can’t lay those at the feet of just one person.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

What reports? Can you send them to me? Maybe I've been missing them.

https://forums.theganggreen.com/thr...m-gase’s-office-must-read.93190/#post-3879344

This doesn't seem to be negative?

The only I've ever seen is the Jarvis Landry reports. And even after reading through his reflection in 2018 after the trade there doesn't seem to be that much bad blood.

6. J-Raw24

The bad reports on Adam Gase are endless. From Jay Ajayi and Jarvis Landry thins to everything else. Google Adam Gase. Google Dolphins Adam Gase. Actuall read what people who report on football see about him. There is nothing good.

7. J-Raw24

Dupe

#2667 J-Raw24, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Damn I wish I had a player like this on my squad. He's been super successful since the trade as well.

Any other examples?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/report-dolphins-traded-jay-ajayi-because-locker-room-chemistry?amp

Mogriffjr and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. J-Raw24

Oh you're right he had an attitude with the organization. Mainly the coaching because he wasn't getting the ball in Gases system. No runningback will enjoy Gase system. Thing is there were no such reports in Philly . No problems with anyone but Gases coaching. And as I said that isn't the only bad report on Gase. Do you ignore the bad and only focus on the little bit of good? You still think Gase can do what he did with Manning. Cause Darnold is Manning. He may get there but Gase one claim to being good is a HoF qb that was good way before Gase.

#2669 J-Raw24, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

How so? Unless you're simply going by Sam's comments that he likes Gase. But looking at the numbers I don't see that Gase has done much for Darnolf, and in fact, I think he's hurt his development.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

The bottom half of this post has absolutely nothing to do with what we're discussing. So I'll disregard.

You read that report on Ajayi and really came with Adam Gase is a bad coach? That's it?

12. J-Raw24

The bottom half has everything to do with it. See again disregard more proof he's a bad coach to fill your fantasy. I hope you and Gase get to have this relationship you want after he's fired. As stated there are TONS of reports on Gase being a bad coach. This is just part of ut Gase and Ajayi didn't gey a long "because of Ajayi" no reporys of bad attitude in Philly. Do you ever read news on Gase? 95% of it is bad.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

I obviously haven't seen it. And I'm asking with all of your knowledge to enlighten us by providing some links and reports on it. Rather than the broken English opinions you're spewing with no evidence.

14. J-Raw24

As I have stated research it. No one should have to research your favorite team for you. I'm unable to link things here yet anyway. But I know if you actually try and research you will see 95% of reports on Gase are bad.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

I have researched it. I see one bad report. Far from your percentage. That's why I thought, since you are obviously knowledgeable enough on the subject to put such a high percentage on it, you could show us the evidence.

But I guess you'd rather just punt on that request. What a shame.

16. J-Raw24

In fact youtube Bart Scott's opinion on the Cinci game. Look at bleacher report on Gase. Look at SNY on Gase. Look around you at the news its everywhere.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

When did Bart Scott play for Adam Gase?

18. J-Raw24

The rules on the forum say I can't link yet. But if you only see one bad report on Gase you must not be looking.

19. J-Raw24

Bart Scott played football. They don't need to play for Gase to see he's a bad coach. Its obvious .

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The problem I have with Gase is he doesn’t seem to be running the NJJ as a head coach. He s acting more of an offensive coordinator. Defense on the field, he seems to be zoned in with his offensive sheet. He sits on the bench with Darnold, way too many times for my liking. I get it Williams is running the defense but Gase is the HC and need to be monitoring plans/Refs calls/ assessing players/ etc. he may be an ok offensive coordinator it he has to change.