Welcome to the Jets, Quinnen Williams.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kris Jenkins was the man. I believe that's Kevin Mawae too.

I could never figure out why the Panthers parted ways with him. He was such a good player. His knees just crapped out completely on him.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Oh man, that was back when we had a good team. :(

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Remember him destroying Beast Mode--

I remember him pushing the Dolphins' Center straight over the QB (Maybe Pennington?) at the snap, as in the QB didn't complete a three-step drop. It didn't count as a sack, because Jenkins never touched the QB, but it was all his doing. I can't remember if somebody else got credit for the sack, or if the QB was credited for an unforced fumble, or what. He threw a 300+ pound dude backwards onto another dude who was actively running away. One of the most impressive single plays I've ever seen in football, and I don't think they even replayed it on air.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

For all of the talk about what the Jets could get for Adams, I believe Q. Williams is a player that could bring a decent return. Not as much as Adams, but perhaps enough to make up for the wasted #1 pick used on him.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Q played good Sunday. I had him at disrupting 6 plays on a limited amount of snaps. Not sure why he isn’t getting more snaps.

ouchy likes this.
  6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He has been largely a dissapointment...Every D Lineman we take ends up being a borderline bust...They get the tag as "Cant Miss Players" but dont come close to living up to it...Look at Leonhard Williams,Mo wilk,Sheldan Richardaon to a lesser extent.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Sheldon Richardson and Wilkerson were pretty good players for us on their rookie contracts. Richardson is still a pretty good player.

Leonard Williams has relatively always sucked.

I think Quinnen Williams will be a good player for us. The selection made no sense. Just like the Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Coples picks made even less sense. But it doesn't automatically make the players shitty because the alternative seems to be better.

ouchy and chandler like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Quinnen hasnt shown really anything yet...Its not a good sign...

9. FJF

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Damn. The center actually successfully got positioning on the reach block and got destroyed. I'm with you. I don't understand why he's not on the field more. The only thing I can think of is that he's not fully conditioned yet. Which is kind of bullshit out of an NFL player but he's only 21 years old and has a full NFL off-season to get in the best shape.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ed Oliver looked dominant for Buffalo on thanksgiving. 5 sacks in the last 3 games

not to pile on

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's getting more snaps than you guys realize. 60% ish of the defensive snaps. That is a decent share for a rookie defensive tackle.

It just looks like he's not out there as much because he aint doing much. Its his rookie year, so he gets a mulligan, but again, you look at what Ed Oliver is doing, with less snaps by the way, and you start to wonder when/if the light will come on for young Quinnen too..

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

don’t forget the ankle injury cost him time, and with those types of injuries comes a complete inability to maintain cardio and endurance type training. Williams is using a very deep rotation to keep guys fresh, which is helping us to be one of the top run D’s in The NFL, but not getting talents like Q out on passing downs more is mind boggling.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

shame on you for thinking tackles for a loss like that are important. Unless your putting up flashy numbers your a bust!

BrickcityJet and FJF like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dude has been a monster the past couple of games. Too bad Gregg Williams didn't get his wish.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Q has made the decision to let Leonard go easier. That makes our cap space better plus we got some picks. I think he can be an impact guy. It's tough to be an impactful DT as a rookie because as soon as you show anything you start getting doubled.

Let's hope he continues to improve and contribute

If JD picks a DT with a first round pick next year I will retire from society and move to Mongolia

FJF likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

The irony in it all is that one of the best defensive tackle prospects if the past twenty years will likely be available at our pick. What a disaster that would be for this fan base. A meltdown of epic proportions.

I think I'd join in on Mongolia at that point though.

18. FJF

The jet fan in me would weep, the part of me that loves to see the woe is me posters here go full on fetal position would be in heaven.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Big Baby has 3 things going against him:
    1. He was the #3 overall pick, so that comes with high expectations.
    2. Leonard Williams was a super hyped high pick and never panned out, so fans are worried Q will be the same.
    3. Many fans, including myself, wanted a pass rusher like Josh Allen with the pick.

I think he has had a good rookie season. The Jets have the #1 Run D in the NFL. Williams has played a part in that. He is only 21. He is going to get bigger, stronger, and faster, with more work in the off-season.

ouchy, BrickcityJet and FJF like this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

On Sunday he had one play where he literally drove the center right through the pocket in about 1 second - I mean literally blew up the pocket, and forced Dalton to run in a panic and dump it off to Mixon. The next play he is on the sidelines. When someone is getting their engine started you don't pull them out of the game? Sure you want to keep people fresh but not when they are getting hot.

I like GW but I don't fully understand what he is doing with QW.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.